1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bush President, Edwards Vice President?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bobmarley, Nov 2, 2004.

Tags:
  1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

I was just watching "today" and it could be a possibility that that if we have an electoral tie at 269 that the process goes to the house and senate respectively. The House votes for the president and the senate votes for the vice-president.

The house is a majority republican and will most likely stay that way. So Bush is elected. The Senate is really close right now and could swing to the Democrats today. Therefore, you have Edwards winning.

We now are lucky enough to have a Bi partisan Executive office.

I wonder how that would be.

2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

The Senate will remain under the control of the GOP. Not many are disputing that.

3. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Interesting scenario, but it ain't gonna happen.

4. bobmarley

Of course it wont happen but I was just digressing

5. Cesar^Geronimo

Since a V.P. has no real power the only time it would really matter is if the Pres get's really sick or dies (or is incapacitated for some other reason).

All it would really do is give the president one less aid and advisor.

6. bobmarley

Isn't the VP the president of the Senate?

7. Cesar^Geronimo

I forgot about the VP casting tie-breaker votes......

8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Yes, and that's the best part of the unlikely tie game scenario. If the Senate winds up going 50-50 (and I agree that probably won't happen), Dick Cheney would cast the tiebreaking vote to decide the next VP. That would, of course, make him the only man in American history to choose himself for VP twice.

9. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Nope. Nope it ain't. ;)