1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bush Apologizes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by No Worries, May 26, 2006.

Tags:
  1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Bush Apologizes
    QUESTION: Mr. President, you spoke about missteps and mistakes in Iraq.

Could I ask both of you which missteps and mistakes of your own you most regret?

BUSH: Sounds like kind of a familiar refrain here.

Saying, "Bring it on"; kind of tough talk, you know, that sent the wrong signal to people. I learned some lessons about expressing myself maybe in a little more sophisticated manner, you know. "Wanted, dead or alive"; that kind of talk. I think in certain parts of the world it was misinterpreted. And so I learned from that.

BUSH: And, you know, I think the biggest mistake that's happened so far, at least from our country's involvement in Iraq, is Abu Ghraib. We've been paying for that for a long period of time.

And it's -- unlike Iraq, however, under Saddam, the people who committed those acts were brought to justice. They have been given a fair trial and tried and convicted.

2. No Worries

It is nice that Bush has finally fessed up to his f*ckups.

Funny though, like visiting his first Iraqi war widow, he has to leave our shores to do it. It is like W has to test drive this whole apology thing on the road before he tries it at home.

Anyway, this is W's first baby step into having a real discussion about Iraq. A good thing.

3. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

um, I'm confused. maybe I read what you wrote wrong....

leave our shores? That press conference was held at the White House

4. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Hey, don't let the facts get in the way of a good Bush bashing.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Now Bush Sr. needs to apologize for having sex with Mrs Bush and creating this cretin !!

;)

#5 DaDakota, May 26, 2006
    Last edited: May 27, 2006
  6. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Oh, this makes it all ok. He has apologized for his arrogance and lack of sophistication.

Mission accomplished for the day. Shoring up the loyal Bushbots, the 29%.

7. halfbreed

Ahh. The kind of reaction I'd expect.

8. No Worries

My bad. I saw the video before I found the transcript. Bush looked *jet lagged* so ...

9. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

Looks pretty somber to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

If Bush started apologizing for all his mistakes, would he have enough days in left in office to apologize for all of them?

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

you ******* right, he can't apologize enough for his screwups. he needs to resign. that would be a start.

12. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Woo hoo, Columbus has discovered a world outside of redneck America! Why doesn't he tell it to the victim's families of 9/11 that he wanted to "Bring it on?"

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

How do you misinterpret the phrase wanted dead or alive? Isn't the entire point of that phrase to be crystal clear on the options? What an idiot...

14. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Being an unpopular president will do that too you.

15. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

So now that Bush has admitting to making mistakes is this going to undermine our troops morale?

16. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Is that a victory for the jihadists?

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

"Bring it on"; kind of tough talk, you know, that sent the wrong signal to people. I learned some lessons about expressing myself maybe in a little more sophisticated manner, you know. "Wanted, dead or alive"; that kind of talk. I think in certain parts of the world it was misinterpreted. And so I learned from that."

The POTS has learned that he should speak in a more sophisticated manner...

What an absolute moron.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

After all these years, it's a day late, thousands of lives, and hundreds of billions of dollars short.

Keep D&D Civil.

19. halfbreed

So the constant cries of "Why won't Bush apologize or admit his mistakes" have been nothing but BS from all of you guys right?

I'm not saying you have to accept whatever he says but don't say one thing and then change your tune when you get it.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've been waiting for many years, since he was Governor of Texas, for the man to own up to any error of judgement. Sorry if it's been so long, and after 5 1/2 years of a largely failed Presidency, with his approval rating in the toilet, his war an ongoing nightmare, with no end in sight, his foreign policy a disaster, his record deficits that came after budget surpluses, his unprecedented increase in the size of our government, his never seeing a spending bill worthy of a veto, his evisceration of our hard-won environmental laws, his "compassionate conservative" lie, his reasons for going to war lie, his "never spy on Americans without a court order" lie, and his endless tax cuts during a war... after all that, and so much I've neglected to mention, well, forgive me if this lame attempt to say, "I'm sorry," has no effect on my perception of him.

It's far too late. The man has done too much to harm my country to impress me with something like this. If you are impressed, fine, but don't say that BS to me. I don't deserve it, and the country doesn't deserve to have such a man as President. He is an abject failure. In my opinion.

And I respect your opinions, halfbreed. Go me the courtesy of respecting mine.

Sorry for my tone, but the man really ticks me off. It takes a low point like this for him to make any effort, whatsoever, to give us a mea culpa, and it's a lame one, that he had to say with another head of state standing next to him. What rubbish.

Keep D&D Civil.