1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bus Stop Stalkers Practice!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Aug 5, 2005.

Tags:
  1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I know some of you guys said that Saturday (tomorrow) is a good day for you to "practice".

I'm going to suggest the U of H Recreaction Center @ 3:00pm so everyone can grab some lunch and let it settle well ahead of time and then be done before dinner.

This is just a starting point for discussion so if you guys have a problem with 3:00pm let's talk about it and decide on some other time.

I'm a UH student so I can get someone in for $6 instead of 8. I don't know if I can get more than one person in though...never tried.

2. drapg

drapg Member

Damn, and I thought this was gonna teach me how to get a "ride, ride."

3. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

3PM for me is not good. I'll be at the Reliant stadium doing the BMW ride event. I could probably play later in the day but what time does UH close? Also I know most people don't want to give up their Saturday evenings or their mornings hahaha. Man this is tough I know but I'm available early morning and I'm willing to give up my Saturday night as well if need be.

4. ClutchCityReturns

Well, if I remember correctly, at least a couple of people said Saturday would be good for them but they didn't give a time of day/night.

UH is open from 10am-8pm on Saturdays. I'm ok with going later than 3pm if needed. I'm gonna go up there at some point tomorrow, so I guess I'll just keep an eye on this thread to see when others might be going.

5. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

unfortunantly for me the weekend is my work week so i can't really do anything as far as saturday or sunday goes.

6. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Weekends are kind of a bad time for me too.

It would love it if we could get together maybe every Wed. or Thurs. night for practice.

If anyone is interested, the house I just moved into is right around the corner from a nice park which has two full courts. The rims dont look the best, but we could get together and work on plays, etc. From what I can tell, not many people play over there either, so we wouldn't have to fight anyone for the courts. Oh, this is in Missouri City.

7. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

weekends are bad for me too

oh yes, I forgot, I've been snubbed in favor of having all the good players on one team.

8. BiGGieStuFF

Trust me on this one. If we had split to two teams originally, It'd be a complete waste of money. This way we at least stand a fighting chance even though most of our big men did drop out. We could have really used you guys. We need someone to absorb all that interior punishment :)

9. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

i doubt your having too horrible of a time

10. ClutchCityReturns

:eek:

You weren't there on Monday.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Three hours til 3pm. I said i may be available, but I am not quite sure yet.

12. ClutchCityReturns

Yeah. I'm not sure that I'll be up there at 3pm considering the response I've gotten from everyone so far.

If I can get some friends together I may go to the beach instead. If not, there's a good chance I'll be at UH around 3/4pm but we'll see. I'll post here before I make a final decision.

13. ClutchCityReturns

I'm headed up to UH with a friend who has zero basketball ability so I'll likely just work out upstairs.

Looks like practice was a bust again this week :(

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

from what I read, you guys could use a couple of guys about my size(6'2" 250+)...a real shame Im not in game shape...I wouldnt last long without needing replacing running full court.
    I love to bang inside, and I can shoot..its just this whole age and weight thing that kills me. ;)

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm still at home, so i guess i'm not there.

16. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

we really need to practice and figure out good days for everyone. im a little shocked that there isnt more incentive to go practice after how we lost last game. i like the nagging of clutch to get some practice in....but it seems kinda hard to get everyone together with different schedules. i hope we can figure out a day every week to practice otherwise we will get spanked every game....yea we were out sized alot but how many turn overs did we have and it seemed a couple of us were out on sinc when it came to the zone....one being me a little. so lets get together and come up with a day and time...

rockets2k...biggie is the man to talk to...but im sure another body woudnt hurt expecailly if this body can shoot with all the zones we will see.

17. BiGGieStuFF

Well I'm headed to 24 hour fitness right now. I plan on playing tomorrow as well but what time guys? I'm free all day Sunday and MOnday.

18. ClutchCityReturns

I could possibly play somewhere tomorrow but I really think I need a day off. I played today and me and some guy slammed our legs together when he drove to the basket and my calf/ankle is sore as hell. On top of that I screwed around too much dunking the past couple of days and my right hand now has about 6 calusses/blisters. The skin got torn completely off of one of them on a dunk and that's when I decided to stop :rolleyes:

I know I shouldn't dunk so much but it's fun and I was bored :eek: