1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bungles guarentee W

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Joe Joe, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

2. PhiSlammaJamma

This is my favorite part. "If they do, it will be an upset. "

The Bengals are just sorry. They literally tackle their own player in order to lose last week. Hilario's.

3. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

The Bengals are terrible. They are a sad football team.

4. BanginScrew

BanginScrew Member

That was pretty damn funny.

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

During training camp in 2001, he started referring to the upcoming "championship season.'' Cincinnati went 6-10.

During minicamp last May, LeBeau donned a Superman shirt and ran through a banner that said ``Bengals Super Bowl 2002.''

When he announced Gus Frerotte as the starting quarterback during training camp, he looked over the crowded media room and said, "This will be the second-largest crowd we have in here, subject to the Monday after we clinch the playoffs.''

:rolleyes:

Texans by 14...

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

They are so pathetic. The fact that they are promising a victory against an expansion team tells you a lot about their organization and what they stand for.

7. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

David Carr will go nuts on a defense like Cincy's. I think he will get his first 300yd game and Cory Bradford will have a monster game also. The only Bengals that make me nervous are Cory Dillion and Peter Warrick in the open field.

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I would like to see Gaffney have a huge game. Teams are doubling up on Bradford now, so that leaves opportunities for our other receivers.

9. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

AMEN! THEY SUCK!

10. bcdjad

bcdjad Member

This coming weekend will be so sweet! I'll be at the Rockets game on Saturday night, then off to see the Texans Sunday afternoon versus the Bengals.

I almost (but not quite) feel sorry for the Bengals -- having to guarantee victory to get them fired up against the Texans. Reliant Stadium will be rocking, and I can't wait.

GO ROCKETS!
    GO TEXANS!

:cool: :D

11. Holden

Holden Member

this is now a must win game for us...
    it would have been bad enough for us to be the first ones to lose to a team that started out 0-7...
    but for an 0-7 team to have the audacity to guarantee a win against us, is a sign of total disrespect..
    this is now the second biggest game of the year...just because of their comments....

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Let's see...the last time a team guaranteed a win against the Texans, they got their butts kicked in Reliant Stadium. I don't see why this week should be any different, except we should beat the Bengals by a few more points than we beat the Cowboys.

Anyone remember the 61-7 game against that other Houston team? I freaking hate the Bengals. Bring it!!! I hope we beat the ever-living dog crap out of them.

Can't wait for the game!!!

13. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

The only thing that the Benglas should be guaranteeing is the #1 pick in the draft. 0-8 will be their fate.

14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Hey this is great, I was really afraid of a letdown after a big road win and then realizing a division 3-A JV squad was coming into town.:D But I mean c'mon this is the perfect way to get up for a game an 0-7 team guarantees victory over a 2-5 team? What the hell is that? Walker, Foreman, Glenn and the rest of our "emotional" leaders have just found an exscuse to fire up the troops for an absolute whooping. This has become a must win game. How stupid of the Bengals, you guarantee victory... on the road??? Kitna had a good game last week largely because he had decent protection. If we can shut down Dillon like we more or less did to Taylor and put pressure on Kitna to pass... the Bengals will be 0-8 and should forfeit the rest of the season.

15. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Yeah but the Cowboys didn't disrespect us like the Bengals. Emmit said before the game that the Texans had a chance to beat them. But you have scrubs on the Bengals like Chad Johnson saying that they will win. Like Gary Walker said who is Chad Johnson. A first round bust thats who.

16. MadMax

really? the quote as I remember it was, "if we lose to the texans it would be like oklahoma losing to baylor." pretty disrespectful, if you ask me...and it admittedly pissed off the texans' players. there were lots of postgame comments about lack of respect.

17. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Yeah...I'd hate to be compared to Baylor. :D

18. MadMax

Baylor's not so bad...at least we don't care anymore. As George Costanza once said, the secret to life is feeling hopeless! :)

19. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

So no more preppy guys in khakis and a green jersey that says "Baylor Line?" Thank God...no more humiliating the staff of the Waco J. Crew. :D

20. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Oh yeah I forgot about that one. Roy Williams ate those words after the game.