1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls waiting on replacement so they can fire VDN

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Dec 27, 2009.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/n...ss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_4774723

2. RocketMania1991

I don't see why the Bulls were expected to be a contender or top team in the east coming into this season. Even if they did push the injured Celtics to the brink. They lost an explosive scorer in Ben Gordon, and Rose hasn't done much either.

Vinny didn't have much to work with.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Even though the date of the article is today, this is old news. Next time around, the Bulls better not go cheap and hire a novice who has no business being an NBA head coach. The future of their franchise for a long time to come is at stake with the next coach and next summer's free agency.

I just have a bad feeling they are going to mess things up. The day they announced Vinny destroyed any confidence I had in the organization. What an incredibly bone-headed and stupid move.

4. FFz

FFz Member

JVG? I dont see many players on that team that would fit his defense first thinking. They should give Thibedeaux a shot.

5. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

JVG deserves this job!

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Hmmm...a reunion of JVG and McGrady. Deng/Miller. I like it.

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I really don't think that they should fire him, in my opinion he is good coach, he took them to the playoff last year made them contend with the champions for 7 games, The only reason why they aren't winning is bcuz Rose has been hurt and he is not %100, and most of the players are just not playing well.

I watched some of their games this season and you can tell that they are playing with no desire, and never seen them talking with each other on the court which is one of the main elements for having chemistry on the team.
    I don't think they should fire VDN, I think they should give him more chance.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Wow, del Negro is coaching on borrowed time. pretty poetic

9. Rawkets

Rawkets Member

I'm not convinced this is Del Negro's fault completely. This is the same team and same coach that took Boston to 7 games last year. What has changed?

Well, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. But I don't think firing coach will be the quick fix they are looking for.

You simply don't have the kind of season the Bull's are having because of one person (Vinny).

There's gotta be something else wrong here...

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They aren't looking for a quick fix. Nobody says their problems are ALL Vinny's fault. Vinny has proven to be a pathetic coach. Doug Collins (unwittingly) smacked him with his backhand after game 7 against the Celts last year by saying, "He will be a much better coach next year". Problem is Collins was wrong. Vinny has no business being an NBA coach. He cannot relate to NBA players and is clearly in over his head. A scout said last week (in the Knicks game I didn't watch) that Vinny had them run the same 3 plays the entire 2nd half.

Coaches don't get fired because teams always need a "quick fix" or because "everything" is the coach's fault. They get fired when a change is needed and it's obvious things won't improve with them staying.

How dumb can an NBA franchise be for giving a head coaching job to someone who hadn't ever been a coach before of any kind beforehand?

11. Rawkets

Rawkets Member

Why would ANY coach, regardless of prior coaching experience, run the same 3 plays for an entire half? :confused:

Didn't he learn anything his first season? That kind of boggles me...

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

With 15m in capspace they better get their hands on a coach which one or two of the free agents REALLY wana play for.

13. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

I hope they get JVG so he can trade all of his good players to us in a 3 way deal to get Rafer Alston and Tracy McGrady.

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

Sure they took them to 7 games but that was not the same Boston team that won the Championship. If KG plays that series I doubt it goes the full 7. Then again the Hawks took the Celtics to 7 the previous year with KG in. Either way I did not think Chicago would be as good after they loss Ben Gordon.

Derrick Rose got off to a real slow start this season. This is his team and he has to realize that.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

All for the firing, who cares, even if he was a great kicker for the Oilers, but you lose Gordon and Thomas, what do you expect?