1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls tell Morey today they will NOT match Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 18, 2012.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Larry Coon (CBA guru) had an interesting article this week regarding Dwight and Bynum's strategies. For Dwight, it makes zero sense to do an extension. For Bynum, however, the math is a little different:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8214165/nba-salary-strategies-dwight-howard-andrew-bynum

Of course, it's still not a slam dunk that an extension is the way to go for Bynum, since it involves several contracts down the line. Definitely some risk. But there is some financial reward to consider it, while there isn't for Howard.

2. cyberx

cyberx Member

Interesting...

Thanks for the article...

3. cyberx

cyberx Member

Here we are... From Rudolph

4. Toast

Toast Member

That's indeed interesting. Thanks for that!

5. cyberx

cyberx Member

Amico said Friday... Nothing yet.

Lakers always do everything quiet and under the radar. Not being a Lakers homer, just saying that that's how the conduct business. Every "rumored" trade has never gone through. All the trades they have done in the past has been out of nowhere.

Gasol, Ariza, Sessions, Fisher...

6. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Nash as well.

7. cyberx

cyberx Member

Like I said before the LAtimes report came out... Lee told me there were NO conversations about an extension with Bynum and the Lakers. NONE.

8. cyberx

cyberx Member

(Bynums agent)

9. inowsingle

inowsingle Member

so quiet these days. since morey's favorite sports table tennis is over . wish something can happen asap

10. inowsingle

inowsingle Member

cyberx , do u think Thunder may jump in if magic keep and trade howard before the trade deadline next season ? bcz at that time howard may hv no choice but houston, he probably agree to sign extension with Thunder

11. cyberx

cyberx Member

I dont think the Thunder want to go that direction. They are happy with their team and they can avoid some tax penalties at least for the near term by keeping some of their young guys.

12. htown1984

htown1984 Member

I dont think the Lakers are the only team to be under the radar with this trades. I still think he gets dealt to the Rockets: DMO can be traded this weekend i think

13. cyberx

cyberx Member

Ya, lets see what happens. I am annoyed beyond belief.

14. inowsingle

inowsingle Member

but seems Thunder can't keep harden and Ibaka both, so why not use them to trade howard ? anyway , if Thunder not jump in , i really don't think LA can beat houston this time

15. cyberx

cyberx Member

They can if they want to... Just depends how far up the lux tax they are willing to go!

16. cyberx

cyberx Member

Lakers are going hard into the tax, they don't care at this point. They are in it to win with Kobes last few years. I was surprised they used the Odom TPE. Now with them probably going to get Barbosa, I am curious to see if they use their mini MLE or just the Min.

17. inowsingle

inowsingle Member

cyberx, thx for ur above reply , another three question ,

1. do u think Cleveland will accept Bynum without his extension promise ?
    2. how is Bynum's knees ? is that high-rish like that profession doctor said ?
    3. according to ur sources , magic prefer Bynum or rockets' young guys +picks ? appreciated ur personal feeling even not fm sources

thx

18. cyberx

cyberx Member

Any team will probably have to accept him without an extension. He can say he wants to stay beyond. I really believe Drew doesnt care where he goes.

He went this summer and got the same procedure that Kobe did. He did this as a precautionary measure. He has been fine and had no issues. I think he is proving himself to not be a big liability.

19. cyberx

cyberx Member

Last time I spoke to a source they told me that ORL wants to blow it up. They don't care to have Bynum.

20. inowsingle

inowsingle Member

thx , agree with u that Bynum just want a five-year max contract . but if Cleveland hv confidence to keep Bynum , they can offer Dion Waiters + Tristan Thompson+Tyler Zeller+picks to get him in three-team trade , it's a very competitive offer . ( although rockets can still beat it but will lose nearly everything )