1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls tell Morey today they will NOT match Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 18, 2012.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Welcome to the internet. ;)

2. onreego

onreego Member

Morey has already gone hard for Dwight.

3. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

People need to stop comparing Asik to Gortat in terms of offensive potential.

Gortat was a know commodity in European/International circles when he was the backup center for the Magic. He was a beast playing for the Polish team. He pretty much single-handily carried their team. He showed flashes of offensive potential anytime he got more than backup minutes on the Magic.
    Asik has done none of that. He may get better offensively. He may even turn out to be a double guy, but I seriously doubt he'll ever get anywhere near 15+PPG like Gortat did.

Now, that said -- while Gortat is no slouch on defense -- Asik is one of the premier defensive bigs out there. He's a tremendous at defending the pick&roll and protecting the rim.
    Guys like him are really hard to find/get and I have no doubt that Asik would be a valuable addition to this team.

4. cyberx

cyberx Member

Sorry about that... Is Bynum really a bad plan B? Goodness, this guy does so much with so many other pieces around him. Imagine what he would do if he was really the "man" on his team.

5. FR0497

FR0497 Member

I'm understanding what he said differently. He said LA is the front runner for Dwight, which I took as that is Dwight's preferred destination over Houston, not the front runner in a deal with Orlando.

6. Rocket_Man_2.0

Lin/Douglas
    Lamb/Dragic
    Parsons/White
    Motiejunas/TJones
    Bynum/Asik

Championship here we come..:eek:

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This is the only problem I have with Asik, he seems to have developed the Yao no-handitis syndrome.

If he can somehow get some offensive game would be absolutely shocking but at the same time more than welcome here. Very doubtful though.

8. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

I'd love him, but I'm just worried about his knees. Not to say that I'm not worried about Dwight's back, it's just Bynum's knees that concern me more. In the scenario where we get Bynum would we have to take back as many bad contracts? I would prefer not to "gift wrap" Dwight to LA.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

I can buy that maybe--but not for a few more years.

10. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

3 team trade

LA gets Howard but sends Bynum to Rockets and Gasol to Orlando.
    Houston gets Bynum, Hedo and sends Martin, Patterson, White, Toronto pick, Hou 1st rounder, NY 2nd rounder.

Houston lineup
    Jeremy Lin/ Livingston/ Machado(dleague)/Douglas
    Lamb/CLee
    Parsons/Morris/Forbes
    DMo/Jones/Harrelson
    Dwight/Asik

I see a nice team that make some noise but not contend for the Championship. Would be pretty fun to watch.

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Who said that? Please don't create a side issue that the OP never implied. It does bad things to otherwise good threads when posters do that.

12. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

What happened to the other bigmen available early in the offseason?

13. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

I definately meant to put Bynum not Dwight.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That's what she said?

Or maybe it would be that's what he said? :grin:

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Lin/Douglas
    Lee/Lamb
    Parsons/White
    Motiejunas/TJones
    D12(or Bynum)/Asik

Playoff team that can make noise.

16. thekad

thekad Member

How does Dwight end up in Los Angeles if Orlando wants Houston's assets over the Lakers' and Houston wants Dwight over Bynum?

Are the Magic accommodating Dwight's preference of Los Angeles over Houston?

17. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

Championship

:confused:

18. cyberx

cyberx Member

He went to Germany and did the Kobe procedure on BOTH knees. Last year he didn't miss any games because of injury. This was in a compressed TOUGH schedule.

He is coming back from an Alaskan fishing trip today and headed to ATL to start training.

Dwight isn't even running yet.

19. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Is that what you want? Just a nice middle of the road team, where the ceiling at best would be a 2nd round playoff team.

That's not what Morey is paid to do.

20. ktex

ktex Member

No, not a poor plan B but A. His knee issues are scary for a 24 year old. B. I would much prefer Howard :) C. Who knows how he'll perform as the focal point.