1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls tell Morey today they will NOT match Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Jul 18, 2012.

1. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Honestly.... I would gladly take bynum....I mean I know howard is way better defensive player...but not that we have asik...that isnt as necessary.

Bynum is pretty unstoppable on the pick and roll and is 2 times the offensive player howard is...plus he is younger.

If we can keep Lamb/White/Motie I say everyone else is expendable

Send them Patterson or Morris ... Jones ... Martin and every draft pick it would take

Lin/Douglas and whoever wins the 3rd spot
    Lamb/Richardson
    Parsons/ Forbes
    Motiunas / White
    Bynum / Asik

That team has incredible potential...I would love to watch Motie lamb and white grow and watch lin and bynum devolp a nasty pick and roll game.

Just like Yao used to own Howard I think Bynum can definitely accomplish this ...specially working with mchale.

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I agree 100%

3. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

You're reloading the Lakers with the Rockets assets. Howard, Gasol, WP, Kobe, Nash. That team kills for 2 years. Once Nash leaves, they'll easily find another ring chaser. They will keep replacing players as they grow older with more ring chasers. And as long as Howard (the youngest of the crew) can still play, they will still have ring chasers.

Meanwhile the Rockets sign Bynum to a max contract. I'd be shocked if Bynum lasts 4 more years before a significant decline because of the weight on the knees. Repeat of Yao years...gone before his time.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

fixed

1 person likes this.
  5. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

I was 100% a few weeks ago, but I'm just disgusted with anything diva, LA, NY, Miami. As far as I'm concern, DH can stay in ORL, LA can keep AB, MIA and go to hell and NY can suck it.

2 people like this.
  6. nejyh

nejyh Contributing Member

Outside of helping the Lakers, Bynum's health is what makes a lot of people here think twice about the 3-way trade. We have gone through Yao's and TMac's injuries. Not risking to go that path again.

7. megastahr

dude this cracked me up...lol

8. megastahr

I realize that there are risks here...but there are only a handful of elite or even really "GOOD"...centers in the league. Bynum is arguably the 2nd best and by far the best offensive center in the game ... We have the cap space and assets to absorb this risk. If we dont do this deal we may never have a chance at a player like bynum...a true center. Then we will all be kicking ourselves if we have to watch him dominate the NBA for the next 5-6 years on the cavs...in regards to the helping la question..........

If we do this deal and trade for bynum are we a better team then LA...No.

But Kobe has gone on record saying hes got 2 more years. Nash will be lucky if he is more effective than Kid was last year at 38 (2years from now).... The are hampered by bad contracts and no youth/draft picks to build from.

Gasol is on the decline... I think the 2 year window is where we need to be aiming...so who cares if LA wins 2 more titles...if we have no shot we have to do whats best for our team for the future.

I could easily see the rockets (with additional moves from morey such as getting gems like parsons) and the Thunder being the two powers of the western conference in 2 years.

9. megastahr

Also I know there is too many lin threads...but he is underrated on this board. He is the better choice of the 3 point guards. If you had to pay them all the same money I think he has the most upside... he has an incredibly high Basketball IQ and work ethic.... That the skill set is hardest to attain...anyone can have athleticism like Westbrook and have some success. But if you put lins brain in westbrooks body you'd have one of the best players to ever play the game.

I see lin becoming a steve nash sort of player...working on his weakness and learning how to over come your short comings... Nash by no means was the nash you see now when he started...he learned to shoot crazy shots to get around bigs and developed into what he is by brains and work ethic. This will also allow him to have a much longer career.

The point is...Lin very easily can become a top PG...and bring in the revenue/endorsements you need to bring in other stars.... that is important

And as far as his pay...its very reasonable... i mean look at what a rebuilding magic paid for jameer nelson:

"Jameer Nelson got paid! He'll make $8.6 mil in 12-13, $8.6 mil in 13-14, $8 mil in 14-15"

If Jameer is worth that then I think Lin is...

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this "2nd best center" has gotten essentially swept out of the playoffs 2 years in a row with both gasol and koby on this team (joey crawford's game 3 officiating aside). 2nd best doesn't mean much when there are really no great centers left in the game today. to me he simply isn't worth the injury risk. what's more he also comes with baggage as a player - oncourt attitude and work ethic issues. would rather just build our roster organically through the draft next couple years.

11. Toast

Toast Member

Bynum would be worth a max contract, but as others have stated, no way the Rockets should sell the farm unless we get the main prize in a three-way trade.

The benefit of being in a three-way scenario would be the other participant can do the dirty work of absorbing bad contracts so we could potentially field an even better supporting cast around a lesser foundation.

Not ideal, but not the worst thing that could ever happen.

12. Nero

Nero Member

True enough, but what happened to the team which had the BEST center in the game in the playoffs?

It is still a team game, and besides, Bynum was not top dog on those teams, he would be a lot higher up the totem pole here.

I actually wouldn't mind watching a rivalry develop with the two top centers in the league being in the West. If we have Dwight and the Lakers hang onto Bynum, then that would be fun to see happen over the years, and even if we have Bynum and the Fakers have Dwight, Bynum brings some pluses to that matchup, so either way, it would make it into a matchup that the rest of the league would be able to get behind and watch with anticipation.

Personally I am not against Bynum, I just don't want to pay Dwight prices for Bynum while the Fakers get a free ride to Howard-Land.

13. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

My dream in all of this is for Houston to land Dwight and live happily ever after. If that can't happen, my next dream is for both Bynum AND Dwight to not play for LA,Brooklyn, New York, or Miami. As much as I hate Dallas I would prefer Dwight there than any of those other teams - as long as he doesn't burn Houston first.

...and another quick note - I played pickup basketball my whole life. I always hated the guys who were really good, but would sit out games just so they could play on a more stacked team whenever better players showed up. My message to Dwight, "Don't be THAT guy. No one truly respects that guy."

14. Toast

Toast Member

That is a hilariously on-point metaphor.

15. cyberx

cyberx Member

So... I broke the asik deal... I told you how bad Dwight didn't want Houston. Now Woj finds out he told Houston he will bolt for Dallas if he goes to Houston. He said send me to LA. I'm not a Lakers homer.

1 person likes this.
  16. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

Indeed. L.A. right now is best situation for him to be traded and actually keep his money. If he's traded to Houston, just can't see him walking from 30 mill, hence all the threats because he knows he'd be "stuck" here.

17. Toast

Toast Member

Yeah, if the threat is, "Oh yeah, well I'll go to Dallas!" then I'd call that bluff without blinking.

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Are we sure Dwight knows that people in Houston don't ride horses and wear cowboy hats & chaps? Seems like this is a simple misunderstanding.

...on a related note, does Dwight know there are like 5 businesses in all of Dallas that are open past 9pm and the city is zoned so that all the gas stations in the city are on the same block as are all the restaurants, stores, etc. And we won't even go into how "white"washed that city is....

19. TheBornLoser

TheBornLoser Contributing Member

Hi Cyber, great to see you back :)

Just a couple of questions if you don't mind :p

1) What's the current / latest chatter going on from... your world... (you know, the agents, GMs, etc.) about the whole Dwight Howard situation? Any juicy gossip or rumours flying around? :p (and yeah, ignore anyone who calls you a Laker homer or questions the info you are giving out to us... :p)

2) In YOUR opinion..... do you think Dwight would seriously be willing to leave the 30 million on the table to go to Dallas?

3) Do you think Dwight can ....*cough* "recover" the 30 million through other ... unrecorded means if he goes to Dallas? (OK, sensitive question, no need to answer if you do not feel comfortable with it)

4) If you think Dwight would seriously walk to Dallas at the end of the season, do you think the Rockets should still take a gamble and do the rental / buy-one-year-to-try-to-persuade-him trade for Dwight?

and last but not least,

5) Any idea what is the Rockets' (and Morey's) view on Bynum?

Thanks dude, and keep it coming :)

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

delete

#1140 J.R., Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012