1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls Offer Gibson, Mirotic and McDermott for Love?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Jul 23, 2014.

Tags:
  1. finsraider

finsraider Member

Wolves might be crazy enough to accept that offer.

Gibson and Mirotic are perfect fits next to Pekovic, but in different ways. Gibson is a rim protector with a mid-range game. Mirotic is a prototypical stretch 4. McDermott is someone the Wolves were supposedly interested in.

That said, none of those players, either as individuals or in aggregate, gets Minnesota a championship. MAYBE they get you in the playoffs (and that's a huge maybe). None have superstar potential like Wiggins.

Feels like a ploy to get Cleveland to up their offer.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

It's b/c he has never led a team to the playoffs

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Morey should have offered Parson, Asik, and Lin. These are some garbage offers. If I were the cavs no way would I offer Wiggins.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Wiggins > everything on the Bulls save Noah and Rose.

He was just drafted as the top prospect out of what was considered the most loaded draft since perhaps 2003. I can't remember the last time a prospect like that was traded. If you are Minnesota you should take Wiggins for Love straight up! If you can win Anthony Bennett and a future first via negotiating tactics, fine. But Wiggins has to be the choice here.

These circumstances are so rare. No one will fault Cleveland for making this trade, even if Wiggins turns into a superstar. Lebron is a top 5 player of all time, and you do what you have to maximize his window for a championship ASAP. I'm not a fan of Wiggins--I have always liked Parker more--but even I have to acknowledge the player he could become if all the dominos fall in his favor.

I don't why anyone else is even trying, if it's Wiggins for Love.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Chris Sheridan.

A random guy from the street is more reliable.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No doubt there is talk. The question is whether MIN is seriously interested in those guys or just using the CHI offer to drive up the offer of other bidders, most notably Cleveland.

We will see.

As I've said before: Taj Gibson is really good.
    Morey should try to get in on a 3 way for Gibson.

7. Carl Herrera

A random guy from the street is more reliable than YOU.

8. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Good deal for us. Rose blows out his knee again, Love decides to sign with us.

9. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

No one can honestly read this and think the Bulls offer is anywhere close to Wiggins. It reads like the Timberwolves leaked this to the media for leverage but then again it's Sheridan so that would be pointless

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I believe that, in fact, I always argued that Love can never be "The Guy" on any contender for that same reason. But still, dude puts up numbers. I will give him that.

11. Carl Herrera

ESPN's Brian Windhorst and Minnesota beat writer Darren Wolfson also reported the same CHI-MIN talks.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Agree. Getting Gibson would be great.

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don't buy that this offer can compete against Wiggins. Total BS

I wish it did though cuz this is the only way Houston could get a PF. A 3 team trade where Gibson comes here and minny gets the NOP pick, Tjones and we absorb a bad contract with the TPE in a separate deal.

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Wait that doesn't work numbers wise
    How could we make this work. Taj is 8mil a year right?

15. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Go get the last 2 no.1 overall picks wolves

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's funny because the Bulls would probably trade all 3 of those guys for Wiggins alone if they could.

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What's really silly is that Minny are not blowing up the team and rebuilding. They actually want to be mediocre with a chance of making the playoffs. Their fans should be livid, but they're so starved for playoff appearances that some are actually on board.

Wiggins and Bennett is a great deal. Those guys can grow with Rubio and fill positions of need at the same time for Minny.

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Chi gets Love
    Minnesota gets Mirotic, McDermott, T Jones, Nick Johnson, Alona Gee, Josh Powell, NOP pick, Chi pick
    Houston gets Taj Gibson

TPE for JJ Barea

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

how is the bulls offer better than the cavaliers offer?

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Taj Gibson said trade rumors part of the business and that Bulls haven't told him anything.</p>&mdash; K.C. Johnson (@KCJHoop) <a href="https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/statuses/491971857516863489">July 23, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>On the Kevin Love front, the word out of Cleveland yesterday was that the T-Wolves still weren't showing any urgency to get a deal done.</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/statuses/491976718282788864">July 23, 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Even before chatter about Bulls' offer (see <a href="https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops">@sheridanhoops</a>), some close to situation had been saying Love would likely wind up in Chicago</p>&mdash; Sam Amick (@sam_amick) <a href="https://twitter.com/sam_amick/statuses/491978412731269122">July 23, 2014</a></blockquote>