1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls Now Chasing Garnett?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Luckyazn, Jul 4, 2006.

1. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Considering the Marbury-Garnett combo didn't work last time, I doubt it would create success this time around. Francis wouldn't be much better either.

Garnett would thrive in an environment in which he's second fiddle to a better superstar. Unfortunately, that's pretty much a dream scenario that won't happen so I'm pretty confident in saying Garnett will never win a title.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

this kg rumour looks to be a bust:
    http://www.nola.com/hornets/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-2/1152079142187350.xml&coll=1&thispage=1

3. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

A Yao, KG and Tmac front court would be awesome.

C: Yao
    PF: KG
    SF: Tmac
    SG: Clutch the Bear
    PG: RocketForever

This team can win 60 games.

Get it done, CD.

:D

#23 RocketForever, Jul 5, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  4. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Thomas (#4 pick, age 19), Chandler (former #2 pick, age 23) and Deng (former 7th, age 21) is probably as good as group of very young talent as could be offered for KG.

I think it makes a ton of sense for both teams. As outstanding as he still is, KG is 30 and probably peaked out 2 years ago. Wolves get loads of young talent and Chicago is ready to make their run now with a core of KG/Wallace/Hinrich.

Also, I don't any other team who would want to trade for KG has the kind of young talent to offer Minny without gutting the team KG would go to.

It really makes perfect sense to me. Although KG has a trade kicker(?) and I don't know if it is feasible.

5. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Deng makes 2.6-million, Tyson will make around 9.7 next year, and Tyrus (this is a guess) around 3.5. Last year's fourth made 3.14 in his first year.

Combined with Chicago's remaining cap space, it would work.

But it won't happen.

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Well, if Garnett wants out, an offer of Chandler, Deng or Gordon, Tyrus Thomas and a 2007 first round pick would be the best they could possibly get. Not to mention, this is the year to stink it up because you then have a chance at Greg Oden, especially if you have two first round picks that should be good picks. And honestly, if Greg Oden is half as good as people say he is, a team of Odom, Chandler, T. Thomas, Gordon and whoever the hell they want to play point guard is FAR FAR better than what they have right now. Maybe Oden or Thomas aren't nearly as good as Garnett individually, but they would have a whole lot more talent than they currently have. I think it's the right move to make for both Minnesota and the Bulls.

But yeah, it probably won't happen.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

KG in the east would result in the best fantasy bball season for any single player since Chamberlain.

8. TMACFORMVP

TMACFORMVP Member

Damn then the Bulls are my eastern conference favorites but I doubt this Minny could get more thre bulls might have to add Gordon or Hinrich and I thought the Bulls already trade chandler to New Orleans for Brown and Smith.

9. chinayaoming

chinayaoming Member

Garnett heard the past few days back in China, I am very excited. Garnett is a Feichangbang the players.

听说Garnett这几天回来中国,我感到非常兴奋.garnett是个非常棒的球员.

10. Rizzy

Rizzy Member

Bulls would be a lock for the Finals if they acquired KG.

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yeah. I really think Garnett, Nocioni & Hinrich is a trio that rivals Duncan, Manu & Parker. The Bulls depth is easily comparable to the Spurs too, except they are MUCH MUCH younger.