1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls master plan?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by crash5179, Jul 1, 2001.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Last year it is easily argueable that Brand played better than Rasheed Wallace.

Why on earth would a team trade away their best player for an unproven guy who could one day develop to be as good as the guy that they just traded away?

I heard that the Bulls only did the deal after drafting Curry - which kind of makes sense, they cleared the post out for Curry, but Brand has a decent face up jumper out to 18-20 feet and he is such a hard worker, why not let them develop together?

Oh well, I guess time will tell just how sound the Bulls move was!

------------------

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

And if the Bulls win more games this year than last it ISN'T because of Brand.
    He had no supporting cast last season.

Imagine Brand playing with Curry and Hassell - that'd be enough to squeeze out a few extra wins wouldn't it?

$10 says that the Bulls laud this draft day move a masterstroke if they win more than 15 games this season.

------------------

3. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I think that ya'll are overlooking a huge part of the deal: Brian Skinner. The former Baylor standout has all the tools and was stuck at the end of the bench for the Clips. He's everything Brand was and more. He's got a killer crossover like Marbury, can step back and hit the 3 like Nowitski, or take it to the hoop like Vince Carter. [​IMG]

------------------
    "Oh No..."
    -Bill Walton in 97 just before Stockton's buzzer beater

4. TexasG

TexasG Member

That's pretty good for a guy that couldn't work his way off of the Clipper's bench. I remember Skinner from his Baylor days, and he is a very hard worker but he is no where near what you claim. I would consider him a very servicable back-up PF.

------------------
    http://www.rapmusic.com/texasg/NewMavsLogo1.jpg

5. TexasG

TexasG Member

Oh yea, one more thing. Just because the Bulls will end up with the worst record doesn't mean that they'll have the top pick. Have you already forgot the look on Jerry Krause's mug after he realized he wasn't getting the top pick in this years draft.

------------------
    http://www.rapmusic.com/texasg/NewMavsLogo1.jpg

6. buffalospeedway

uhh... i think he was like, joking. or something.

as for vince, his game isn't really like jordan's or 'nique's. he is just vince. he's a good player. better than most (just a side note - the raptors really came on there at the end of the season, look out for them next year).

as for jason williams, he announced that he is graduating early (if he can squeeze all the credits in), and therefore will forego his last year of eligibility because he will have already graduated.

------------------