1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls looking to trade for Melo and the Knicks are listening.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Madclownpacasum, Sep 13, 2015.

1. KiwiRocket

KiwiRocket Member

Don't be silly, Melo is better than Butler but Butler is younger and there's no way anyone in their right mind would trade the younger Butler for Melo. If they can get Melo for scraps they should.

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

I saw this thread and got curious, but I don't see how Melo gets traded to any contending (or close to it) teams like us or Chicago. There's no way to get the salaries to match without giving up too many valuable players.

The only trade that makes sense is if one team has a large expiring and relatively decent players that they wouldn't mind giving up to take a risk on Melo. Something like Batum and Marvin Williams for Melo, for instance, is doable and might be worth the risk for Charlotte (especially because Melo is a much bigger brand name than Batum). Hell, maybe Miami decides to go all in for a 2010 allstar team and offer McRoberts, Andersen, and Luol Deng.

Again, it's all just speculation, but right now both New York and Melo need to be seperate. That's extremely hard to do though because of Melo's massive contract.

3. malakas

malakas Member

You are disgusting. :rolleyes: This really should be a banworthy post.
    yeah and Melo we all know will choose a big market team, so the teams who actually have the assets and contracts to make an acceptable trade will be out of the race.
    But first we have to see how the Knicks will do. Because there are many who think they are a playoff team in the East next year.
    And frankly noone can say with certainty because of how weak the East is. If they are in the POs or close in the race I can't see melo get traded.

4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Maybe it's because I live back and forth in Denver and the desert, but Melo is, in my opinion, the biggest fools gold in the NBA, in terms of superstars.

He can give you 20 easy, but he's going to take so many damn bad shots. I know he had to take over in NY, but this has been going on his whole career, including college.

I think the Bulls are better off without him, but the "Melo Juice" seems to appeal to many teams, simply because they know they can get 20 points on any given night.

They don't consider how he is in the locker room, lack of leadership and his focus on being a "brand" more than a champion.

If he's traded, LaLa's gonna be pissed. No more Kimmy K parties.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

delete

#25 don grahamleone, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  6. malakas

malakas Member

take your sexism and gtfo.

1 person likes this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

delete

#27 don grahamleone, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  8. Down19

Down19 Contributing Member

Butler will be better than Melo this year

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Id love to see the bulls get melo but hold on to butler. Throw at least a fun to watch series in front of lebrons annual east coast cakewalk

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Butler is already better than Melo, this is a wins and losses game not a scoring championship.

Melo is the superior scorer but the gap in their offensive games is nowhere near the gap in their defensive games favoring Butler. Not to mention Butler is a superior passer. He's younger and has shown more improvement last summer than Melo has shown his entire career.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

it would still be interesting to see melo on a team that had 2 players as good as him. we never see that though. by his own doing though.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

may*

;)

13. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

That Denver Nuggets team (2006-2008) with Allen Iverson wasn't that bad, IMO. :rolleyes:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2702501

At the time of the trade to the Nuggets, Iverson was the NBA's number two leading scorer with new teammate Carmelo Anthony being number one.

14. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

The thought of Harden and Melo on the wings defensively for the Rockets is a nightmare. i hope he goes somewhere else because I just don't think he will ever be worth that contract after this injury, but we shall see.

15. merrrlo

merrrlo Member

Two self-centered scorers who weren't exactly known for their defensive effort, I wonder what went wrong there?

16. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

OK. After they traded Iverson for Billups, the team was more balanced. The WCF in 2009 against the Lakers was a nice battle, IMO ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2QMgmaEh9QA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. what

what Member

I'm not sure the grizzlies would do this deal, but if the grizzlies offered Zach Randolph and Jeff Green (two expiring contracts) for Melo, I could see the knicks having interest in this deal.

The deal works out very nicely.

18. hakeemthagreat

You guys will always take things WAY on the deep end lol

Jimmy Butler has become a VERY good player. While Melo's reputation is at a all time low. I get it. But Butler's not on Melo's level nor does he have the skill set to be. It's not even close. Butler will never be the 1st option or single handedly carry a NBA franchise

19. malakas

malakas Member

He was last year and carried the Bulls to the second round.
    Melo carried his team to the second worst record.

20. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

DRose carried the team to the second round.

Thibs had more to do with it than Butler