1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls interested in GASOL?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by betterhomesbytj, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

There are a few reports that Gasol really likes the Spurs because of Gregg Popovich's ability to manage minutes.

Gasol is known to have a high basketball IQ and has also made comments about other players lack of basketball IQ.

The Spurs being a team that plays team basketball and has high basketball IQ has to be really appealing to Gasol.

OKC Thunder, also with their recent level of play has to be appealing to Gasol.

Right now, the Thunder and Spurs are the frontrunners for Gasol. Both either team would just be ridiculously sick in terms of performance. They would have to be the leading contender for the championship going into the season and I don't see any team in the east being able to beat the Spurs or the Thunder if Gasol is on the team. I don't even see the Heat being able to beat the Thunder or Spurs even if they acquire Kyle Lowry.

2. conquistador#11

gasol with the spurs extends duncan's life for like another 5 years.

3. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

If its basketball IQ that Gasol seeks, he's not finding it in OKC.

4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I think Gasol would make Thunders pretty damn scary (they already are a top 3 team). He would be an ideal 3rd or 4rth option, give them a real low post threat, is highly skilled, really long and is a great fit with Ibaka.

Of course I also think he would be great in San Antonio, Chicago and Miami for much the same reasons. I'd rather he go improve Chicago or Miami, the West is stacked as it is.

5. Huricane

Huricane Contributing Member

Your statement is true to a certain degree.

Gasol on just about any team that was a top 5 team in the west would have to be considered a leading contender for the Championship.

Gasol on the Spurs, Thunder or Bulls would make them the favorite to win the Championship. I think it would be safe to say that Gasol realizes this.

When you are considered a favorite to win the Championship, you may tend to overlook other factors that you are looking for. Based on current reports, Basketball IQ is not the only thing Gasol is looking for. Supposedly, the Spurs are the leading candidate because Popovich is good at managing player minutes. While Gasol has a few years left, he is getting up there in age.

Relatively speaking /comparatively speaking, ...Oklahoma with Scott Brooks as their head coach has allot more Basketball IQ than the Lakers do at the present moment.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That, and if there's 1 player in the league right now that could replace Duncan... it's Gasol. Gasol brings a lot of the same things.

7. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

But not more than the Spurs or Bulls

Westbrook is one of the most baffling players in the league, and Durant makes some bonehead decisions especially on defense. And Brooks can't design a proper offense. Gasol could easily get frustrated playing with that team even though on paper its an amazing fit.

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

If the potential is to get on the Spurs - I'd be doing it 10 minutes ago.

Gasol would be straight up deadly in that system.

9. Outlier

Outlier Member

The Spurs have no money for Gasol. None.

10. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

The heck did she do to you?

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

If Gasol does go to OKC him and Ibaka won't allow anybody in the paint.

12. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

She a LIE!!!!

13. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

They had $12 million in cap room prior to the Mills signing.

Mills is getting like $4m/year

If I'm the Spurs, tell Gasol your plan is to bring him in one year for lower contract but next season you'll sign him for a 3-4 year deal worth a lot more when Duncan's contract comes off the books. Gasol has already made $156 million in his career, so sacrificing a full year of salary to play a dream role for the next 5 would probably be more appealing.

I can't imagine Duncan returning at age 40 either, really this ought to be his last year.

14. Mr Chuck Norris

I'm sorry but Give the Spurs the title now (again) if they Get Gasol. Nobody is stopping that front court.

15. Oracle

Oracle Member

I believe Pau deserves more (repect) than what he has got in the last years. If he lands on OKC or Spurs, he will smile when meeting the Lakers. I mean Lakers today is Kobe, Nash and Sacre. I believe Kobe thinks that is enough to get him to rings more.

16. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

While I don't think he signs in okc, that is a lot of text about speaking Spanish on the spurs without mentioning a member of his Spanish national team...

17. Remii

Remii Member

They say OKC is the front runner for Gasol.

18. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Not as high on Gasol as you guys. Skilled big man yes, but soft as wet wipes. I'm sure Dwight prefers Gasol over Perkins anway. Perkins gave Dwight fits last year. OKC will get better offensively but will lose alot defensively

19. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Gasol is seeking 10 mil, how does OKC have that much? I say Bulls has a better chance without Melo.

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

They have the MLE and even offloading Perkins wouldn't be enough unless the Lakers wanted to do OKC/Gasol a solid and agree to a S&T.