1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Bulls.com/Sam Smith] Trade talks as the NBA hits halfway mark

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jan 19, 2010.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

tifwiw

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_100118.html

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Interesting...

3. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Snip from the article.

Probably won't happen but interesting nonetheless.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Why is Sam Smith so obsessed with McGrady?

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

im not sure if thats what i hope happens or not. im not sure its worth keeping yao ming at any salary. i may be wrong and hope i am if he comes back.
    :(

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

So hoping Washington doesn't find a way to void Arenas' contract.

The more dealers we have the better offers we'll get for Tracy & bunch.... I'm thinking he won't be the only guy traded when we make a move.

We have from what shows above more than 7 possible trade teams, as the writer (being from Chicago) didn't even mention the Bulls unloading for 2010 Free Agency.

Should bring an interesting All Star week, just for the trade watch.

7. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

If it means getting a top tier free agent then I'm all for it.

I can understand why you are worried though but I think it will be a good move.

Besides I am sure Morey won't commit to anything more than 2-3 more years with Yao and if he's coming back cheap, why not?

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Well, if Morey's really thinking that, then he's certainly not going to dump T-Mac for just any offer that comes along. And instead will weigh the cost/benefit with respect to the offseason.

And quite frankly, giving Yao extra years won't matter jack in terms of future cap room. Because we ain't gonna have any for the next few years if our new FA gets a hefty deal. This is, of course, assuming Les continues his willingness to spend money.

9. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LKxW3uCS-eg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LKxW3uCS-eg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

In order for that to happen,management may choose to give up Scola and Lowry. Sam Smith also hasn't factored in a possible Landry extension.Even if Yao and Bosh come together,another backup center will be needed. Yao will have a long time integrating with the team and Chuck can't handle the defensive load by himself.
    We saw how easily Wade got to the rim just a few days ago. Ariza or Battier/Andersen may need to be moved in order to get one.

11. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Said it before, sayin' it again: Never. Gonna. Happen.