1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[bulls.com]BULLS AND ROCKETS A 'DREAM' SERIES

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Mar 24, 2015.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Well, Jordan was wearing #45 (during regular season) so it didn't count!!! Haha, probably a Bulls fan's rebuttal :rolleyes:

I have to remind people of this all the time too, Jordan was no slouch that season, I really thinking adding Rodman for the 96 season helped them out, of course I still wish houston could have played them in 97 also!! I think would have been a lot better showing than ****ty Utah :( damn you Stockton!! And that bear hug bull****

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, if Hakeem had to play their ****ty frontcourt he'd probably average 50 points a game in the finals. He went through the other centers like nothing, and in that 95 season when Orlando eliminated the Bulls, shaq was having no issues until he ran into the Dream.

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Wow!! If this releases anytime soon that would be amazing!! I recently watched the Bad Boys one and it was pretty damn good. I'm not a pistons fan but loved watching the interviews and getting perspective from the players. Also 80s bball rivalries were so great!

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Thanks man! This is my new screen saver. :grin:

5. SupeR2706

SupeR2706 Member

The writing is on he wall people. No matte how you word, phrase it or even try to dispute it the Rockets owned the Bulls in this time frame! Shout out to Mad Max for shedding light on this!! BOOM!

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And don't forget Clutch.

the man who started Clutch City meets the man who start Clutchfans.

What happens?

The truth is unleashed all over the world.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

8. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

LOL at Bill Cartwright only fans
    This name just make me laugh so hard.:grin:

9. tinman

Supporting Member

I believe it would look like this:

[youtube]y-FbhBM9uvU[/youtube]

#49 tinman, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  10. tinman

Supporting Member

Back when it was free to watch games on tv

11. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Oh man it also has the Bill and Calvin call!

12. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I have a friend who is a Jordan fan and sent him this article, now we been debating back and forth by text over the past 3 days. His arguement is

- Jordan was rusty in 94/95, wasn't himself.
    - Bull took Knicks to 7 games without Jordan, with Jordan they would have beat Knicks and beaten Rockets.
    - Jordan is the best, no way anyone can stop him
    - Horace Grant would have stayed with the Bulls if Jordan didn't retire

And to that I say

- Jordan played during the regular season and scored 38+ points in about 3 games during the Orlando series and still lost. So yeah, he was rusty allright, played terribe huh?
    - To his second comment, sports math doesn't work and if so, than he already proved that the 94/95 Rockets would have destoryed the bulls because we swept an orlando team that took care of the bulls with Jordan.
    - TO this third comment, I say, who the hell on the bulls is gonna stop Hakeem? At least we had someone in Mad max that could slow him down, you have no one like that on the bulls. It's all about Match ups, not NBA match.
    - And, yes, Horace Grant would have totally took care of the Olajuwon match up problem the bulls had, that's why the rockets dominated the bulls from 91-94. Right....

I didn't reply to his last text, it's pointless debating with someone who's go to argument in the end is "Well Jordan is the greatest of all time, no one can stop him"...

13. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I have a friend who is a Jordan fan and sent him this article, now we been debating back and forth by text over the past 3 days. His arguement is

- Bull took Knicks to 7 games without Jordan, with Jordan they would have beat Knicks and beaten Rockets.

And to that I say

- Jordan played during the regular season and scored 38+ points in about 3 games during the Orlando series and still lost. So yeah, he was rusty allright, played terribe huh?
    - To his second comment, sports math doesn't work and if so, than he already proved that the 94/95 Rockets would have destoryed the bulls because we swept an orlando team that took care of the bulls with Jordan.
    - TO this third comment, I say, who the hell on the bulls is gonna stop Hakeem? At least we had someone in Mad max that could slow him down, you have no one like that on the bulls. It's all about Match ups, not NBA match.
    - And, yes, Horace Grant would have totally took care of the Olajuwon match up problem the bulls had, that's why the rockets dominated the bulls from 91-94. Right....

I didn't reply to his last text, it's pointless debating with someone who's go to argument in the end is "Well Jordan is the greatest of all time, no one can stop him"...

14. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

And to that I say

15. bro2044

bro2044 Member

The reason its not a dampener is because you said "sometimes," and a lot of the time it does show team-to-team mismatch and dominance. If you remember '95, there were a lot of injuries, chemistry issues and inconsistencies that made that season difficult and eventually led to the Drexler trade... so sure, SA did really well... against the team that they "didnt" meet in the playoffs.

Probably better to find a more relevant parallel, like that Houston dominated Portland last year in the reg season, then lost in 6 games to them in the 1st round.

Even still, I think everyone "gets your point" and already knows and understand your downer point of view, and still chooses to believe that in that matchup we were not as beatable as PHX, UTA, SEA etc for Bulls for many statistical and play proven reasons outside of pure homerism.

16. jbasket

jbasket Member

Bumping this thread.

Not really any new information or an article, but just a relevant/cool story bro.

Yesterday, I was trying to weasel my way for some extra points on a midterm. My professor's is a Utah Jazz fan, and he knows I am an extreme Rocket's fan.

He slyly mentioned playoff seeding, knowing it would get me off-topic from the re-grade, and it worked beautifully of course. Works 60% of the time: works every time.

(bla bla bla MVP convo, Harden, injuries, GSW so good, Dante Exum, Gobert, Jazz improving, bla bla bla). Important conversation below:

Me: "You know, a lot of older Rockets fan extremely hate the Jazz with a passion."
    Jazzhole: "What? We couldn't stand y'all! Robert Horry was a Jazz killer! Who did y'all not like?" (for all of y'all stating that the Bulls would rise more in the playoffs than the Rockets: shame on y'all).
    Me: "I couldn't stand Stockton and Malone. Remember the bear hug?"
    Jazzhole: (completely avoiding the bear-hug of course) "I truly believe if y'all didn't beat us in '95, we would have won it all."
    Me: "I don't know if y'all could have stopped Shaq..."
    Jazzhole: "We swept Shaq Lakers."
    Me: "Fair enough. But Hakeem was..." (interrupted).
    Jazzhole: "The only person who could beat Jordan."

If a Jazz fan could admit it, it is a true fact. Despite being a Jazz fan, he really is a stand-up guy. Who would have guessed :p

17. TheresTheDagger

Wouldn't it be cool if they could somehow arrange for this game to be played today to settle this once and for all? I'd take my chances with Jet, Max, Dream, OT, Clyde, Horry, Elie etc vs. Jordan, Pippen, and whatever carcasses the Bulls could find today.