1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bulls can't wait to get rid of Tom Thibodeau

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SK34, May 5, 2015.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2015_ratings.html

People mistake boring low scoring games to defense. Walking the ball up the court and dribbling and passing the air out of the ball for 20 seconds isn't equal to good defense.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Says whom? You? Lol by many metrics the Rox have had better D and they did it with a worse cast AND played against a stronger conference.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

For all those pining for Thibs consider this, he absolutely REFUSES to play Mirotic after he was so important to their squad all year.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Maybe it was because he was more often than not pathetic in the first series?

Who exactly does he match up with on the Cavs roster?

5. SK34

SK34 Member

But he can help spread the floor. Also, james jones is in the game, he can match up with him.

6. malakas

malakas Member

In game 3 or 2 he got injured and missed a game. He is not 100% yet. But besides this Thibs uses him as SF while he is a strech PF. As a SF his defence is even worse and while in the regular season it's not that important during the playoffs they offence will target him and take advantage of him.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I believe you guys, I really do! But please look at Pau:

<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/eZPeaA5pdVP/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, the Rockets fired their Coach of the Year the next year. Close enough? :grin:

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Rockets defense sucks

10. chandlerbang21

Yeah right. Until the rockets gets some real shooters and another guy that can create his own shot, Houston will never be favorites

11. amos1er

amos1er New Member

This sort of drama is the last thing the Bulls organization needs right now. They are in IMO the most pivotal playoff series in the last few years. Time to stfu and stop with the little girl drama and play some ball.

12. MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters Member

as much as i like thibs i dont want to see Mchail get fired. hes great at developing talent. We can have like a good cop bad cop thing going in with the two:p

13. dragonz

dragonz Member

You are right, Woj is a good source for news, I also follow his tweets for NBA news. But I am not a fan of his long dramatic articles, which as you have stated mixed with too much of his opinions.

I guess part of me not happy about the timing of this article is that we are in the middle of a potential great series between Cavs vs Bulls, and maybe the last of this particular Bulls team, why to write a out-of-court distraction? why now, since there can be a full summer to write it?

Terrible Journalism.

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

Would you trade the Pelicans pick to CHI to get Thibodeau?

Let's say, our 1st to CHI for Thibs and a 2nd rounder

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

18th pick for Tom Thibodeau?

STEAL!

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, maybe if you throw in HOFer Kevin McHale as sweetener, the Bulls will bite. :grin:

17. malakas

malakas Member

You guys are insane. The Bulls are waiting to FIRE him their relationship is beuyond repair. But because they are one of the cheapest organisations they won't want to eat his 4 mil contract for the next 2 years so they will try to trade him. They have no leverage at all. They can't just demote him to an office job and keep paying 4mil per and they can't tolerate him another year.
    An early second would be the most any smart GM would give them. They are in a desperate situation.
    Same as with Kidd last year. Nets had no leverage and they made with two middle seconds even though the Bucks owners had already chosen him and they were in a desperate situation themselves with all the media pressure.

sasha, Thibs had made a LOT of mistakes during the previous series that even a casual fan like me could easily recognise. It's not just Mirotic. He didn't take a timeout in the last possesion of game 4 leaving inside his defensive vets leading to a Rose iso-turnover that ended up costing him the game. Then in the next one he still used Noah 30 minutes , who is so terribly in offense that it allowed a player to completely ignore him in defense which led to the loss in game 5.
    He is bad in rotations and ingame adjustments. If he coached the Rockets for the last two years, DMO's and Jones progress would be much worse because they would see only spot minutes and forget about using Capella at all. Just my two cents.

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Yeah guys!!!

Forget the stats that say differently, believe YOLO cause he say so.

Don't you know he is the best NBA analyst EVA!?!:rolleyes:

Here's a little clue for you guys, as long as the front office sees progress in the team every year, it is entirely doubtful that Mchale goes anywhere unless he wants to.

You aint got to like it, but that is the truth. The next time a team fires their successful coach because some of the fans hate him will be the first time.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

this is pretty funny. so what was that again concerning the rockets defense:rolleyes:. that's the only thing im worried about because it's as bad as i've seen for a long time. stats lol