1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Building around Kevin Martin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Dec 23, 2010.

1. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

And on the other hand, the only reason we were able to have those 7 years of trying to win is because Orlando wanted our #2 pick and McGrady wanted to play with our #1 pick.

2. Thoughtless

Thoughtless Member

Hmm. Interesting. If we can get both, a defensive center and a two way SF. That would be best. Our perimeter defense is down right horrible. We might have enough assets to get both, if that were the way the organization wants to move. Up to them to decide what direction and what hole to plug in first.

3. trugoy

trugoy Member

That was a different pacers team.

Kobe/Shaq would slaughter Kobe/Gasol, who can stop Shaq? and if you can't stop shaq how can you win?

That pacers team was built to stop Jordan and Pippen, I think they can handle Artest and Kobe.

They would've killed Miami with Wade.

Spurs with ginobli and parker would've also been stopped, it would've taken a monumental effort by Duncan to win, and they had the horses to stop a big man as well(Davis brothers).

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

hopefully morey isn't thinking the same thing. hopefully he's more knowledgeable about the NBA.

5. Don FakeFan

Don FakeFan Member

Rockets got very nice draft picks but the bad management ruined the whole thing.

They should have traded SF and EG for a star in Yao's rookie season and tanked that season to get a draft pick in 2003.

They should never have brought in TMAC, Howard and Rafer.

tanking + good management = good.
    tanking+ bad management = bad.

With Morey, it is a waste for Rockets not to tank.

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

You build around Kevin Martin the same way the Pistons built around Rip Hamilton. Simply put, you don't do it. However, I think the guy is a fantastic player and someone who is certainly capable of being a big contributor on a Championship team.

7. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

We can be the Michael Redd Bucks!

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

A Lebron James or Chris Paul type would really complement Kevin Martin's skills. I don't know why Morey doesn't know this.

1 person likes this.
  9. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Yeah, they were a mental meltdown away from sweeping that series and they also took SA to 7. You don't sweep the NBA finals by fluke, lmao.

And many fans including myself love that team and don't care that it only happened once. It showed what a tough-minded group like these Rockets can do when you play the game the right way.

Also, if they were all all-star caliber then what do you think Martin, Scola, AB/Lowry are?

10. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

We must be in a sad situation if we're coming down to having an ongoing serious thread about building around KMart and people actually debating it could work.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He is a role player.

12. Sanity2disChaos

I WONT KNOCK K-MART LIKE MOST OF YOU LOYAL FANS ON HERE........i will say that he has all the tools to be a elite tier one player in this league.When he gets that killer instinct that most stars have to close and finish games you will see an all-star.He has to demand the ball and want to be that guy down the stretch......can we build around Martin???Sure we can, but only if he steps his game up from border line star to SUPER STAR AND ONLY HE CAN DECIDE THAT.NO COACH OR FAN OR gm CAN MAKE HIM.........IT IS WRITTEN.

13. johnnyonthespot

Kevin Martin could be a key piece to a championship team, just not THE key piece. Martin is an awesome Robin, now we need to find Batman.

14. vince

vince Member

Martin is a star NBA player, that is for sure. He hasn't garnered media hype, but he has been so solid for the Rockets.

Can Martin impose his will on a game, I haven't seen it. But he gets his points quite efficiently. I think that's why so many people are bummed out about him.

But after all, aren't we here to support the winning ways of the Rocket Team? Martin is helping this team win.

I am enjoying the current Rocket's squad play team basketball.

15. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

People would rather cheer for perennial losers like Melo than watch good fun basketball. This is the NBA where name matters more than the product on the floor, to most people.

16. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

So you prefer perennial losers like Kevin Martin?

17. Raven

Raven Member

Put KM on the Knicks and the media would be slobbering over him. but he's not a franchise player. He's not the guy who pulls the wagon.

18. Mr. Space City

how has kevin martin won more than carmelo?

19. nebula955

nebula955 Member

It's simple why people hate on Martin...he doesn't jack up loads of bad shots and try to get lucky...which is what you see in basically all of the "superstars".

20. Mr. Space City

i love how on this site if you're not a homer and don't consider kevin martin the 2nd coming of kobe bryant then you are a hater when the general consensus of cf is martin is a really good nba player.