1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Building a team around Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by valorita, Jan 5, 2013.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

can we stick with a god damn team and not rearrange the team every season? How can you give up on lin when he has been a full time starter for only less than HALF A GOD DAMN SEASON? The average age of this team is around 23. I don't want to bring old quasi stars to this team. As the youngest team in the league we are already competing in the WEST. Let this team grow some experience god dammit. How about we get the average starting experiencing of this team above TWO GOD DAMN YEARS before we give up on Lin and gut the team to "rebuild" around Harden.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is damn near a fnished process.

3. roxxy

roxxy Member

I am a big fan of Mike Conley to be honest. But I think Lin will develop to be a Mike Conley type, maybe even better. I am not a fan of ranking players on a team because basketball is so interconnected but Lin really shouldn't be the best player on your team he ideally should be the fourth best player. If you look at Conley with Memphis he runs that team with Marc Zbo Allen & Gay. I think Lin is perfect for that type of role. And then I think similar to Parker how after the construct of the Spurs changed Parker started to accept more responsibility I think Lin can be that type of player too in several years down the road.

I also like Parsons at his position, Asik at center & Greg at back up center. I like the idea of Ryan Anderson. I am also a big DMC fan & Love as well. What do people think of Ersan Illyasova?

4. Luca

Luca Member

Lol, nice pot but my head is just spinning with all the suggestions. I know you're being sarcastic there.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I too like the players you named, but other than Cousins at the 4, i don't see any of them as an upgrade. Like you said, Lin could end up being better than Conley.

6. Luca

Luca Member

Well said.

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

Yeah good point. Anderson & Ersan aren't really transformative players. I think Lin at the 1 is good. I really like DeMarcus Cousins at the 4. I think he can really develop to be that transformative type player. Also like Love as well. Milsap, Smith, Jefferson are all good players but they aren't transformative like Love & DMC. I also really like Parsons I don't think he is going anywhere & I don't want him to. Also want to keep Greg as well.

8. Sanity2disChaos

Cousins is the most realistic player obtainable by the Rox with Milsap being a close second.....All other positions are solid at the moment with no rush to mix it up.

Parsons is on a rookie contract-Nuff said
    Harden ,lin,Asik are starters.....period

which leaves the 4.....

10Cousins (id prefer th e young head case, who tweeeted about the harden trade in positive light when it went down-he is the target)
    2)Milsap or dare I say Gasol

9. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

This. Plus Harden's defense is horrible. Let's also put the same restrictions on Harden as you put on Lin.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

In Morey's own words from Sportsillutrated.

Morey is not going to build anything around Harden. Because he feels the Rockets need at least another foundational player. Once the foundation is in place, is when you start to actually build 'around' your stars. Until then, he's going after whoever is available to come here.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I pose a question to the trade trigger happy members on the forum. The Rockets, the YOUNGEST team in the NBA, are on pace to win 48 games this season. Keep in mind this team started gelling one month ago and had a bad string of losses in November and have played one of the hardest schedules in the league so far. That means the second half of the schedule will be easier. The youngest team in the league has a legitimate chance of winning 50+ games this season. I'm not an NBA historian but has their ever been a team this young that has won 50 games in a season? Why would you want to mess with that success. Young teams can only get better and if 50 wins is the baseline imagine what the next 5-10 years bring.

12. webattorney

webattorney Member

Response

It would not be that bad for Lin to be traded to another team where he can take more shots and pad his stats more. He takes too few shots per game to score more than 20 every game. He should be shooting (short jumpers and mid range jumpers) 15 shots per game.

13. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Yeah, get rid of Lin. Get a great spot-up shooting PG so the Rockets can go from 1st in scoring to 1st in scoring.