1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buffalo and Mario Williams

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by platypus, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Actually, Barwin was moved over to Mario's position when Mario went out and Reed took Barwin's former spot.

Although I don't get why people are so quick to hate on Mario for under production, he left the team if you can't wish him well, you don't have to worry or bad mouth the guy.

He isn't David Carr where he literally produced one good game a season nor is he Dunta Robinson who caused drama and never played up to his franchise tag. When he wasn't injured he produced sacks even on rosters where he was really the only legit pass rusher and we had bad schemes. Who knows what a healthy Mario would have done in Wade's system?

Mario did screw himself thinking that Fitzpatrick, a QB with turn over issues, wouldn't hurt him because he was playing on the defense side of things. However, that was his choice and he has to live with it, the dirt that many Texans fans seem to drop on him is unwarranted, I mean David Carr level hate.

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i've been saying the same thing since mario thought about signing in buffalo, there should be no hard feelings from either side, this is working under the salary cap 2012 nfl era. this was a good decision for everyone (except maybe buffalo LOL)

3. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

It's our "Trojan Horse" belated response to Frank Reich in 1993. Hopefully it cripples the Bills for the length of the contract.

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The Bills have been crippled for over a decade.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This is true, but I still think the Texans would have felt much more of a need to re-sign him if Brooks Reed had turned out to be a bust.

Where is this hate you're referring to? I didn't see any Texan fans ripping seats out of Reliant and rioting in the streets when he signed with Buffalo.

He's the highest paid defensive player in the league and by that standard he's having a horrible year so far. Playfully pointing that out on the internet isn't exactly wishing death on him or his loved ones. Sheesh.

Hey, what do you mean by that last remark in parenthesis?? Why are you hating on Mario??

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

no player not named arian foster is worth that much in today's salary cap age

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think Mario will still end up with about 10 sacks with pretty good run defense.

8. MystikArkitect

[​IMG]

Buffalo got Mario-railed.

9. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Replace Arian Foster with JJ Watt and I agree.:grin:

10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Jj watt is going to be the first 200 million dollar contract by the way he is playing compared to his peers

11. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

good run defense? they allowed two RBs with 100 rushing yards (ridley and barden), and two players with 100 receiving yards?

12. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Interesting to see all those 'but but he was double teamed', 'he's good on run defense' and 'if you really watch the game...' angles that were used to counter criticism of Mario are getting exposed a bit. Mario has the talent, but apparently not much of the drive.

I still think he will be effective but damn that contract looks bad now.

13. Raven

Raven Member

It could get.....ugly between him and the Texans, but it's a perfect example of why the NFL needs a franchise tag. Unless Uncle Bob really ####s it up, Watt is here for his entire career.

14. HollaIFyaHEMI

HollaIFyaHEMI Contributing Member

Funny how many people were crying to resign this guy in the off season.

15. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I feel bad for the people that paid $250 for his jersey when they could have just paid less than $25 like us. :cool:

16. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

He's all about them benjamins and cars

[​IMG]

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6RdVJIEQr08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/S0kgR71WeSk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pQtUP-7_HtA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Mario deserves some level of hate. He was overpaid for every single game of his houston texans career. Once I remember him taking over a game in his entire career. ONCE! So out of all his games with the texans, there is one game in which he earned his salary.

The general hate on mario is the fact that he gets over paid when he didnt earn it. Can you realistically tell me that he earned that contract???

JJ watt has already takes over at least 2 games plus 1 playoff game in his career which is just over season. So far Watt has been everything and more than what we expected from Mario.

I totally understand the hate.

18. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

no need to hate. not our problem anymore. same goes for Jacoby.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lol. He had 14 sacks in 2007 and 12 in 2008. He had 5 in 5 games last year.

He is probably overpaid now, but as a Texan he was not.

Watt is obviously better than Mario and every other defensive player in the league for that matter.

20. Pringles

Pringles Member

I'm sorry, but I still hate Jacoby as a football player.