1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buffalo and Mario Williams

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by platypus, Sep 11, 2012.

1. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I am out in Richmond right now and Bills were the local feed (got my buddies to a sports pub by mid second quarter for Texans). Watched Mario closely every play. Maybe it was just today, but he played like a no effort unmotivated bum all day.

Forget drive, forget about doubke teams. He stood himself up and played patty cake with their RT every down.

I sincerely mean it when I say I was shocked. He was never that bad with us as far as I saw. I saw him give up on a few plays, knew that ge stunk at shedding blocks.... But this.... Buffalo fans should be outraged at how apathetic he was. This man took their check and quit caring.

2. plee

plee Member

Check the Buffalo fan board link in the previous post, they are already wanting to dump him?!? They also said the same thing like he's moving in slow motion and doesn't look motivated.

3. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Is Mario Williams the next Albert Haynesworth?

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Poor Bills. :( Ha, that's all.

5. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

tramario mcgrilliams

6. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Rick Smith is really under appreciated. The coaches, scouts, and other talent evaluators are doing pretty well.

Letting go of Mario, Winston, Jacoby

Resigning Arian, Schaub, and Brown

Sticking with KJax

Bringing in JJo and DMan last year.

Staying pat with our TEs

Drafting JJ Watt

These decisions and more give me supreme confidence in what they are doing on the right side of the OLine, ILB(bradie), and upcoming Tate decision. I may not like where we are in those areas but I know they are on top of it and are always looking for ways to better this team.

7. SacTown

SacTown Member

After watching the Bills game today, I'm now convinced that Reggie Bush was the best player of the big 3 in that draft.

8. liljojo

liljojo Member

If he is, then we should probably think about starting Yates for the Bills game.

2 people like this.
  9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Reggie had one big game, and 3 games where he didn't even rush for 70 yards.

No one is scared of Reggie Bush. He's like Warrick Dunn.

10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

In hindsight, that 06 draft was a folly to be in the top 5

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Mario was much better in Houston that Bush was in New Orleans. We've been through this.

Anyway, it's funny how all last week people were talking about how Chris Johnson got his big payday and mailed it in. Looks like that's exactly what Mario has done.

1. Sign with a crappy team off the national radar
    2. Get P-A-I-D
    3. Quietly fade away

Mario Williams, the highest paid player in the NFL, is now tied for 64th in sacks for the year. And the season is 1/4th over. LOL.

12. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i dont care what mario does, i just have to lol at all the bills fans who were talking trash. saying their pass rush was much better than ours because mario has never played with dominant guys like k. williams and dareus. jokes on them, they called us haters because we said he plays uninspired, doesnt dominate games, and only racks up sacks a few games at a time and only in irrelevant moments of the game..

hey he had 1.5 sacks on brandon weeden though.. but they brought him to get after brady, brady put up 52 on them.. lol marios best years are behind him..

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/150818-mario-williams-mr-invisible-explain-it/

13. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

"Essentially been a non-factor. More often then not, I see him try an outside speed rush and end up 5 yards past the pocket. "

this is what drove me nuts about mario!

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Gve him a break, living in Buffalo will do this to you.

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

FWIW, Connor Barwin has 6 tackles and 0 sacks through 4 games. He had 0 tackles yesterday. Mario actually has 9 tackles (and 1.5 sacks).

The thing that got me about Mario and Buffalo is that they signed him to be an OLB in a 3-4. He's really a 4-3 DE. Yeah, we tried to play him at OLB when Wade changed the system and he showed some promise, but he was playing out of position. We just needed to find a place for him to play. When we decided to let him go, I though he'd go to a team that would move him back to his more natural 4-3 DE position. I can't blame Mario for taking the money, but I was surprised Buffalo offered him that kind of money to play out of position.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Does Barwin have a $100 million dollar contract?

17. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

what? they don't run a 4-3?

18. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

No (thanks for disregarding the rest of my post) but he's the guy who replaced Mario, the guy who made Mario expendable, the guy who had a great year last year and has struggled thus far, the guy we anticipated not being able to resign so we drafted his replacement with our #1 draft pick.

This isn't meant to be a "we shoulda kept Mario" post, but what made a lot of fans cool with letting Mario go was that Connor had such a great year last year. That makes Connor's performance relevant. Nobody's come down on Barwin for under performing, but some are taking joy in Mario coming up short thus far, based on performance and not money, even though he's played better (statistically) than Connor up to this point.

19. Classic

Classic Member

LOL, ouch.

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

197 yards on 41 carries in those 3 games. Not bad.

And Warrick Dunn was a pretty good player for a long time.