1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Buddy Rich vs Neil Peart

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Joshfast, Feb 23, 2012.

Tags:
  1. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I only opened this thread to see this guy's opinion:
    End this thread now, since he's the authority of drumming here in ClutchFans. :eek:

2. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

did swoly just stroke ima's ePenis? :eek:

3. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

no, there's no smiley for that.

ima_drummer: any must watch Vinnie Colaiuta on the youtubes?

4. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

Is that Vinnie behind Jeff Beck on the Live at Ronnie Scott's disc? That guy was/is amazing. Gavin Harrison is one of my favorites as well. Neil will always be my all-time favorite for sentimental reasons but there are so many great drummers out there.

5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Terry Bozzio doesn't play drum solos, he composes music on his massive kit.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A_zIH3DMmzY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Eh, there are a bunch of other drummers on this site who just don't reference it in their screen names. Most of them are probably better than me too...

Is that the one with the female bass player who looks like she's 16 years old? If so, yeah, that's him. At his best, too.

If you want some of his best work, listen to anything he did with Frank Zappa. Hell, if you want a pretty good list of the best drummers who ever lived, just look up anyone who ever played with Zappa. That's a pretty good starting point.

Yeah, speaking of Zappa.... Bozzio is so good that I just want to quit after I listen to him. My only problem with him is that isn't he currently playing with Korn? Really, Terry?? You played Frank freakin' Zappa...and now you're playing with Korn???

7. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Yeah, he's awesome, but didn't he also play with Missing Persons? I'm at a loss for words, but, what are words for, anyway. I guess since his wife was the singer, he gets a pass one that.

Bill Bruford ftw.

8. raj87

raj87 Member

Bruford: now there is a drummer that can be compared to Peart. He, along with progressive rock drummers such as Carl Palmer or Michael Giles.

I would give the slight edge to Bruford in a direct comparison, mainly because I find King Crimson more interesting than Rush.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Hey.....I like Missing Persons. Spring Session M = greatness. Everyone in that band played with Zappa at some point.

10. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

That "female bass player who looks like she's 16 years old" is Tal Wilkenfeld. She's actually 25 but has played with some remarkable people for her young age including Jeff Beck and Chick Corea. More info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tal_Wilkenfeld

11. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Well on Vinnie, didn't he play with Sting? So btw him and Terry playing w./korn I would think Sting is the lesser gig. And I am sure they both had bills to pay! ;)