1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bud Adams wants Vince to come in and save the world!!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tigereye, Oct 27, 2009.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Proof? Did someone take a poll?

Did someone count up the for/against VY posts since 2003?

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

tinman's logic is so r****ded I'm not so sure he didn't get squeezed out of Sarah Palin.

1 person likes this.
  3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Go back and read the 50,000 page "Vince Young is God" thread that lasted from the start of his senior year through the end of his first year with the Titans. I think if I had a child, I would prevent them from reading it as essentially p*rnography. There were at least 100x as much abject worship as anything else.

The fact that they are all gone is attributable to the fact that he sucks. He is currently fat, bald Britney Spears waving a umbrella. It apparently isn't as exiting to spank one off to that image. If he ever makes even the slightest hint of a reemergence on the field (God forbid), they will all be right back here crowing and strutting.

2 people like this.
  4. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Are you related to Jeff Fisher?

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ottomaton again.

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It already happened.

7. PointForward

PointForward Member

Q: what's worse than horn fan in college football?

A: horn fan making the jump to pro football and worshiping a 3rd string quarterback.

Texans game against the t*** can't come soon enough. We're gonna put that nobody back in his place: on the bench watching real pro football players playing. WTF was Jacksonville doing today?

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I'm glad that Tennessee won, and Jacksonville lost. It puts some distance between Houston, and Jacksonville. Just another team to not worry about for a wild card spot.

9. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I really do not care whether Vince Young has a good or a bad NFL career (except when he is playing against the Texans).

What bothers me is during Vince's rookie season, going to Reliant to see the Texans play our rival (the Titans) and seeing a lot of supposed Texans fans decked out in the Longhorn Vince Young jerseys.

When he comes in to play against our Texans, he is one of the opposition...NOT our best buddy.

1 person likes this.
  10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

That moment when Vince Young beat the Texans was probably the moment when the biggest chunk of Houston Fans decided it was time to jump ship over to the Titans if they hadn't already.

I like Vince, I thought he was going to be an amazing NFL QB, I was hoping he would fall to Oakland that year. I thought the Titans had found a perfect heir apparent to Steve McNair.

I think he, like so many great College QBs has simply found that it is a lot harder to make plays in the NFL then it is in College. You don't always have an offensive line giving you 5-6 seconds to make decisions.

I think he reminded me of his rookie season today. Just keep it simple. Not too hard to hand off to Chris Johnson, make the short throws, and pick up first downs, 4-5 yards at a time, roll out and pick up a decent chunk of yardage with your feet when need be. He needs that swagger back that he had at UT, where he just seemed calm and collected and never flustered. I think that is what bothered him the most in Tennessee. He wasn't "the man who could do no wrong" any more and it messed with his Psyche.

Being an NFL QB is a full time job. You have to put in work, it isn't like College where you can get somebody to do your Biology homework for you.

He's got all the physical tools, just needs a mental one or two.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Is there any proof of you claiming that there are less? until you prove me wrong, I won't believe you

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think that was the moment the Hatred cemented.
    Esp once the VY FAns could go . . SCOREBOARD on Texan fan
    and .. DID IT QUITE A BIT!

Since then .. .the hatred was Burned and smoldered
    waiting .. . waiting for the day to say SCOREBOARD

This is how Rivalries are made
    but . . . Folx hate VY worse than Karl Malone and John Stockton

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You bring up an excellent point.

Longhorn Football and college football in general has always had stronger loyalties than any NFL loyalty in the city of Houston.

What do you expect? A National Championship winner will always be loved by his alma matter.

You think Tim Tebow will be booed in Jacksonville if he played for a non Florida NFL team? Hell no. They'll be more Florida jerseys than David Garrard Jerseys there.

You are basically bothered that the Longhorn Nation is stronger than the Texan nation in Houston.

Seriously, there are probably more Cowboy fans in Houston than Texans fans. People move cities you know and tend to like teams with a winning history or the team they grew up with.

The Texans vs Titans is not really a heated rivalry dude. When the Titans had Steve McNair, no one really had this much anger toward him. He didn't lead any Texas based college to a National Championship.

I bet there were Steve McNair alcorn state Jerseys, but than again, Aggies/UH/ and non BCS Champion school alumni in Houston don't care.

People who wore those Burnt Orange Jerseys are contributing to the Houston Texans and Bob McNair's Houston Texans attendance revenue.

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Don't come on a Rockets BBS with that garbage. Jesus.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Rocket River is a freaking 99er. His Rockets loyalty is beyond anything mortals can even imagine.

Don't question a 99er's loyalty to the Rockets, we're the Knights Templar in the Kingdom of Clutch City.

16. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

wow. burn. The only thing you're missing is a TU reference and you got yourself a t-shirt.

Vince was never a 3rd string QB outside of a week where he was injured. I must say though that Austin sports radio gets the occasional Horn fan that knows nothing about pro football that clamors about how vince should be starting. (This was last year before the Titans actually were in good position to bring vince in.)

17. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't think the Aggie Nation would even claim this guy. Maybe HCC or ITT Tech.

18. PointForward

PointForward Member

lol no, I never resort to the good ol' childish antics unless it's in good fun. I think referring to UT as t.u is pretty lame by the way.

Regardless, Orange nation savior has been the 3rd string QB this season. He has proven over and over again that he's not NFL material. His coach went with a 70 year old cripple at QB for 7 win-less weeks before even considering playing Vince, this says a lot, especially if that coach is Jeff Fisher.

And I think the "occasional horn fan" you speak of is a great understatement. A significant chunk of the posters on this Rockets message board beg to differ. Your typical horn fan believes that there is a league-wide conspiracy to keep this awesome player from reaching his full potential: being the greatest quarterback of all time. Just like they believed that the BCS, the computers, and the coaches were all in on a conspiracy to keep Texas out of the national championship game last year.

They'll piss and moan about 45-35 until the end of time, and they'll casually bubble themselves in as the winner of the NCAA basketball tourney...2 months before the freaking season starts (see: college basketball section). They boastfully exclaim that they have the best team in college football, that them being ranked behind Florida and Alabama, 2 clearly superior teams, is blasphemous and absurd.

Didn't mean to derail there, but just to give a bigger idea of what we're dealing with here: a group of arrogant individuals who consistently suspend logic and blindly push for everything UT. They'll rock out their Vince Young jerseys at Texans games, they'll complain about each and every single thing that you could possibly think of, they'll complain about Fisher having a personal problem with Vince etc... Just tune in to Houston sports radio on a Monday morning: at least 5 or 6 callers will provide us with the daily "Fisher sucks, VY rules, Texans are overrated they suck blah blah blah" dose.

19. conquistador#11

I dislike VY because of everything you're seeing in this thread.

If Someone gives a new poster a hard time for not being loyal to the houston rockets, then I expect that someone to be loyal to all houston sports, and the houston texans should exceed any other nfl team or player. You can be a fan of VY, but boo him when he plays against houston. The texans come first, otherwise it's treason.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Note to conquistador - just because you are a fan of the Rockets does not mean you are a fan of all Houston teams.

DD