1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BSPN] Summer Forecast: Who will win the NBA title?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

It's not that hard to understand at all...

2. Albert Einstain

3. joesr

joesr Member

and if they stay healthy again? adding Posey?? they be a top contender

4. Classic

Classic Member

The Hornets are for real for sure. David West and Chris Paul really blossomed last season. They're legit. They have the best point guard in the game, a top 6 powerforward(proved that in the playoffs), one of the deadliest outside shooters, a great rebounder and shotblocker and now added a great piece off the bench. I think the Hornets will be pretty good next year. I think the Rockets match up well with them and they will be some great games to watch but New Orleans is legit.

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

If the Rockets are going to make a serious run for the title, they will probably have to play all 3 of the teams ahead of them in this espn forecast. Hornets would be a likely 2nd round opponent, LA in the WCF, and Boston in the Finals.

I believe but as a die hard fan I've always believed. The only thing I ask for is health.

6. joesr

joesr Member

If it means YnT gets rested more and even maybe misses a back to back game just to ensure health then who cares. They'll still make it to the PO's.

7. apocclass

apocclass Member

its not that far fetched man.....

8. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I for one think the Cavs are going to be a very dangerous team this season. They've finally given Bron-Bron a couple of weapons to work with. I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect an ECF featuring Boston and Cleveland, and Cleveland would have an even better shot at winning that series than they did last season, when they took them to seven.

9. Hmm

Hmm Member

this may sound like a lazy counter.. but.. the above calls for nothing more than this..

we killed their healthy team twice last year.. one without Yao.. they added Posey.. we added Artest and Barry.. 6 extra fouls of "Ray Lewis with a basketball" to throw at West.. certaintly..they're Top 3 good.. but not with the Rockets comming behind them...

10. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Well easy, teams around us get better also. I believe we will win more games too, but the West is full of a bunch of very good teams that either team can win. I think we will win anywhere from 50-65 (yes I think 65 is a possibility) barring our team stays healthy -knocks on wood-.

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

You may be right, but in my opinion we were once again the most active team this offseason. We added probably the best defender one on one to the team that had already been great defensivly. We added a lot of offensive power and we have healthly Yao and Mac.

So with healthly T-Mac, Yao, Ron, Brent, Scola, Rafer there is no way we're gonna lose more games than last season. Maybe they (writers) just think we will not be able to stay healthly...