1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BSPN forecasts the Rockets to finish 8th in the West

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Harden2Dwight, Aug 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. thedude077

thedude077 Member

By the way, how does Chandler Parsons make the Mavericks any better? OH my god, these so call experts are so stupid. My god, I hope the beard and Dwight Howard go beast mode this season including the rest of the team and own these assholes. No way the Mavs are better than the Warriors, Rockets and Grizzlies. Maybe better coach but not better all around team.

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Overall, I think our starting 5 with Ariza is worse than last year, I will not deny that, no matter how you want to paint it. The playing together experience with Harden / Parsons as a group is a huge factor and that's something Ariza can not replace in a short term.

However, I really looking forward to see our bench to shrine and it will be big.

I am expecting our bench will become one of the top 5-6 bench 3 months into the season.

3. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

We should have a poll here (or elsewhere--not sure if there is one) predicting what place the Rockets will finish.

There are too many fools in this ESPN Expert Panel, although I don't expect the BBS to be more reasonable.

4. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

So you telling me:

Calderon > Devin Harris + Felton
    Marion > Tyson Chandler
    Vince Carter > Parsons

???

I don't really consider Devin Harris + Felton as upgrade to Calderon

But Tyson Chandler and Parsons are definitely upgrade to Marion and Vince Carter

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

calderon is definitely better than harris or felton and its not even close

6. bongman

bongman Member

Just like salary cap and flexibility, forecasts or predictions don't score baskets or block them. They contribute nothing to the outcome of the game.

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

say bro can you hook me up with some ganja?

8. AvgJoe

base on what? the guy has no defense. yes, calderon is better than harris or felton individually, but harris and felton together won't cause any drop off at their PG spot.

9. Raven

Raven Member

If the Rocket's current roster is the one they have at the start of the season or after the trade deadline, I'd say they are a bubble team. All it would take is for either Dwight or Harden to miss a dozen games and it's hello lottery for Morey's team.

10. bmd

bmd Member

Why do you keep mentioning Devin Harris? He was on the Mavs last year. He's not a new addition.

And yes, Calderon is much better than Felton.

Marion and Chandler are comparable players at this point in their careers.

Parsons is better than Carter.

All I'm saying is, the team didn't make big improvements if they improved at all.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

so harris/felton play defense? you just said it, calderon is better than them so of course its a drop off especially with felton

12. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

I've said it before and i'll say it again, it is incredible how much these "experts" disrespect Dwight. He is no doubt the best center in the league. Everyone forgets we have the best center and best shooting guard right now. Our starting line up is essentially the same with better defense, I am worried about our bench, and hope we make some sort of trade to get some depth, but aside from all that the bottom line is that Howard and Harden are both top 10 players in the league, and yet no respect seems to ever be given.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Every team from 4th to 8th is projected to have between 49 to 51 wins while the 1st to 3rd place teams are projected to win between 56 and 58 games.

The Rockets are basically put a tier below the top 3 teams (Spurs, OKC and Clippers) along with 4 other teams (DAL, MEM, POR, GSW). Sounds about reasonable.

Right now, it looks to be about a matter of luck as to which of the projected 4th-8th place teams come ahead or behind another. And it would probably take a pretty substantial event (acquisition of an important player, long-term injury to an important player) for one of those teams to either move into the top tier or drop into the lottery.

I think Morey would agree with this. He is trying so hard to maintain the "flexibility" to chase another star player because he believes that the Rockets need to get a whole tier better than they are now, to break out of this 4th-8th group and into the level that the Spurs and OKC (and the Clips-- though I don't trust them as much as I do the other two teams) are at, in order to become a true contender.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Parsons is now better than harden and Howard... Okay.

15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I look at it in this way.

The Mavs lost way too much offensive power and its a huge question mark if they can gain the balance back by adding some size and D.

As the Mavs beat writers pointed out, most of them believed Tyson is the more important Chandler in their offseason moves.

It will be very interesting to see when their offense will have struggles and who they will be counting on.

Dirk at this point is almost close to a status shooter, Elis is very streaky and unreliable, Parson to some extend can create his own shoot but then again Elis is not Harden and I don't expect he will pass as well as Harden.

I think the Mavs will improve a lots on their D, but their O will be a big question mark.

16. AvgJoe

Harris was injured for like most of the season. That's why I mentioned him, assuming he will stay healthy, their PG spot won't have much drop off after losing Calderon in the trade. Calderon has no D, such an overrated player with ridiculous contract over 7 mil/year.

Tyson Chandler is a much better defender than Marion.

Agreed, Parsons is better than Carter.

All I'm saying is, be logical, admit we downgraded in roster, and Mavs upgraded. We can still rank ahead of them. Blindly overlooking down at your rivals will cause you no good when reality kicks in.

17. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Really? Maybe?

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

This isn't the same TC they had back then either. 32 yrs old and playing less and less games as the seasons go by

19. AvgJoe

Parsons is there to fill in the offense. It's not like Parsons play good D.

20. bmd

bmd Member

I am being logical. I just disagree with you.