1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BSPN forecasts the Rockets to finish 8th in the West

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Harden2Dwight, Aug 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

It's not hate. It's actually pretty rational.

Look at the transactions this summer:

-Parsons out, Ariza in -- Wash
    -Loss of Asik for nothing
    -Loss of Lin for nothing
    -Replace bench scrubs for worse bench scrubs
    -Mchale is still coaching

This should not be a surprise. I actually figured PHX, NOP, or even LAL might pass HOU in these projections.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Except even if they improved the rest are still worse than the Rox :rolleyes:

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

LOL. We got worse, but we didn't get that much worse. What a joke.

4. bmd

bmd Member

Those guys took the coward's way out and gave the 6th, 7th, and 8th seeds the same projected record.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

How much of an impact were Lin and Asik last season? IIRC both them combined didn't even equal to Parsons or Bev. What exactly did LA or NOP do that equals having Harden Howard on the same team? Common you've gotta be kidding me. Rox will still be 4rth or even better next season and everybody will pretend they knew it all along.

6. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

not that crazy, 2 games is what separates 4-8.Rockets won 54 games last year....minus lin/asik/parsons is 49 that unreasonable?

7. sabesque

sabesque Member

8. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

POR is bringing back the same roster (replaced Williams with a better fit in Blake), and added Kaman. DAL added Parsons and Chandler. GS added Livngston, MEM is healthy and replaced Miller with Carter.

All these moves are better than what HOU did this off season.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Well BSPN finally realized that despite us having a pretty talented starting 5 and two of the best players in their position, we still have the clueless, incompetent, possibly worst coach in the league in McHale. This same team with any other coach would be top 4 not just by BSPN but any other ranking.

10. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Grizzlies at full strength are better than the Rockets. Add them to OKC, SA, Clips, and Blazers. Sounds about right. I'd put the rockets at 6-7.

11. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Clearly? I don't see that. Improved? I don't see that, either. Asik is a better player than Dorsey but man, Asik didn't show last year. Lin is he who need not be discussed for all the reasons all of us Rox fans understand.

Bev, TJo, DMo all should be better and Ariza v Parsons is close enough to a wash.

Any of several teams could finish anywhere from 4th thru oops.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Don't overreact. 2 games separate 5 teams in that projection, so it means nothing. I do not see us winning less than 50 games if we remain relatively healthy.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

how is adding blake to port better? Dallas remains to be seen. GS added livingston. really? thats a huge move :eek: Memphis got so much better with carter? hahahha..all these moves are insignificant aside from maybe dallas.

14. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

15. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

It really isn't.

16. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Wow, you really think so? I guess you say it a lot so it must be right. :rolleyes:

17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

How in the hell are the Trailblazers 4th? No way that happens and we're in the 8th spot.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

apparently because they added steve blake who is a "better fit" lol

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Overrating the production of Asik and Lin.
    Overrating the difficulty in replicating their production.
    Underrating what the bench can provide.

The bench is unproven, which to me is better than having guys who have proven they suck. I understand people want to be pessimistic about the unproven guys, but I like their chances of being useful and at least providing what the bench did last year.

Daniels will be a better long range shooter than anyone we had last year. Ariza will be a better wing defender than anyone we had last year. I expect improvement from all of the younger guys. I believe Dorsey/Dmo/adrien can cover for the loss of Asik.

20. sabesque

sabesque Member

Having the best 2 and 5 in the league play together another year + losing Asik (who missed 34 games last season) and Lin gives you a net outcome of winning 5 less games? Nawl.