1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BSPN forecasts the Rockets to finish 8th in the West

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Harden2Dwight, Aug 12, 2014.

Tags:
  1. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I picked us to finish between 3-5, so happy we exceeded my own expectations for the regular season!

The ESPN predictions were just laughable though. Wow.

2. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

**** ESPN and all the haters! Division champs baby!!

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm so damn proud of this team. What an effort.

1 person likes this.
  4. Classic

Classic Member

Very proud indeed.

What is this team without the injuries?

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Excited for the team!!, and while I agree early reports were way off basis on our ranking (especially when they had us at 8, it just goes to show a lot of the bias these guys have) I mean for the Rockets to get 2nd with so many injuries is amazing and really forces them to hopefully STFU.

Aside from them picking **** wrong, I also still can't believe how much stronger the West continues to be. For example if Cleveland was in the west they'd go from like 2nd seed to 7th (if no division etc.) and that's just insane. The west was so tight at the end, and still feels like some deserving teams didn't make it, while in the east a ****ty record gets you in the playoffs (sub ****ing .500!!!!!). I really hope the NBA addresses that eventually, it could really strengthen up the playoff match ups since better teams would be allowed in, it also might help level it, it seems some years in the finals the EC team technically has an advantage because they played basically college teams on the road to the finals, while in the west some years the freaking WCFs feels like a real championship series, where every round also had a pretty decent competitor.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What a fool! Burn the unbelievers!

7. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

So proud of the Rockets, I was thinking 4th seed, but am so happy we got the #2 seed. Looking forward to hopefully winning it all. 1st division title in 21 years, and it feels so good. I was only 9 when we last won the division title, so this is awesome to be able to really see them have a great season, record wise.