1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BSPN] Chris Paul prefers Magic over Knicks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets34Legend, Jul 23, 2010.

1. realmustang

realmustang Member

It looks like NO will want other teams to take not only Okafor's contract but Posey's 2 yr $13.3 million contract as well.

2. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

So what's the consensus? I don't venture into the GARM these days.

3. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

What I understand is that Paul is seriously thinking of trying to form his own version of the Nazgul with him, Melo, and Amare. And if that happens, then I'm done with basketball and would hope for a lockout.

4. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

So in the end, is the state of Florida going to get all the All-Stars?

5. Houston_Rockets

Yup

I guess I am optimistic about:

Ab being a great talent, that could play an important 1 2 punch for NO at the PG position, or maybe go small and play AB at the 2 for few moments in a game, without paying him 7M like Nelson, and continue developing Collison

I am too optimistic about Cbud, because he is 22, and people already say after the rookie season, that he was the steal of the draft, a very versatile SF, that can even play SG if needed, yo yo, and guess what, 1M a year??? is that even money???

Hill, talent wise, he is probably the biggest asset, he still has to learN the game, learn himself, but what.... 3M a year??? 8TH PICK?? NOT BAD

And how many draft picks, do we have????

I am too optimistic??? Of course not

Everyone in the league knows the amount of cheap great assets we have, plus picks, plus expirings

But I also know that in this league it is not about the assets, it is not about GMs, it is about strange forces, that make some places more attractive then others

Players own the league, why was this wish list even out??? Is this about CP3 or NO???

Is this about where CP3 feels he will be successful, or about, what is the best offer to NO???

I guess I am too old school, but last time I checked, you only trade a guy that has 2 or more year in his contract, if the team actually gets something out of it, and not because the star demands it, nowadays players just do whatever they feel like, and the problem is actually not the players, it is the system, that allows players to talk, and bring wish lists

And the league???? Nothing, because the big teams, and the big markets always wins

If NO is a strong team, they only do what is good for them, and what is good for them is getting Okafor out of there, and take cheap assets, plus expirings and f«draft picks if possible, or of course a superstar (will not happen), even if the team is in the same division

And why??? Because there is no guarantee that destroying your 2nd unit and the future assets you had, to sign CP3, makes your team better

What it can be guaranteed, is that the Offer that team made, is better then the others, so my team wins, this is what teams should do, instead of looking where is that team

And if they do that, they will have my respect, going against the system, and actually doing what is best for them, even if they choose a team like Portland or Dallas

PeAcE

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

LOL! Me too. :grin:

7. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

The only problem being onl;y Florida watching the NBA Finals and noboy else cares anymore about the NBA in any of the major market in Texas, California, New York, or even China. No Chinese in Florida. :grin:

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

ummmmm...are you being sarcastic?

redick, duhon, and q can't be traded unless they agree to it.

gortat has a horrible deal that NO doesn't want.

jameer's deal isn't terrible but he is still owed 15+ mil after this year

pietrus and anderson i agree with you.

the only deal that makes sense for NO is carter and pietrus for paul and okafor. that deal doesn't really make sense for orlando even if they get paul.

9. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

rockets
    patterson, brooks, first round picks, david anderson, kevin martin, trevor ariza, chase budinger, jermaine taylor, scola, lowry :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

10. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Reddick , Duhon and Richardson were all signed as free agents so they can't be traded until Dec. 15th (player's consent not required).

Same goes for Scola and Lowry.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

lol what teams can even acquire close to that much in salary? it's like 32.9 mil in combined salary for all 3. so somewhere around 25 mil in salary would need to be traded to get them if it's done all in one trade. maybe acquire paul and okafor and then trade exception for posey if that works out. i think our TE is large enough to acquire worthless posey.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=23qft9u

espn says paul and okafor for brooks, battier, hill, jj, andersen, a. johnson, and harris works.

#51 robbie380, Jul 23, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

gotcha!

either way dec. 15 is after the start of the season. so that would throw a monkey wrench into trading those players. plus they have deals that aren't bargains or expiring.

13. delishman

delishman Member

Lets go ahead and stop listing the guys who can't be traded.

Brooks for 2 million or Nelson for 8 million.

Brooks > Nelson

The Rockets have the best package unless a team is willing to give up a star.
    Ex. Lakers offer Bynum.

This Magic talk is ridiculous. They are looking for cap relief and young players on small contracts. Not decent role players on bloated deals. If Gortat was expiring he would have value to NO, he is nowhere close, therefore he is not of any value. They could just keep Okafor if they weren't concerned with money.

Brooks+Hill+Ariza+Battier+Jefferies+2011 Omega Pick+and 2012 Knicks pick for CP3 Okafor and Julian Wright would be a pretty legit offer.

14. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

if he goes to the East, thats 3 all stars the west would've lost now..Paul, Boozer and Amare. The competition is evening out now to the East.

15. imailyang

imailyang Member

Look, as an Orlando native, I can tell you first hand that Gortat is NOT overpaid. He could start for more than half of the teams in the league. And he is still pretty young. Speaking of young, Ryan Anderson is just barely 22 years old and was the main guy at 4 in the early part of last season when Rashard was suspended. Bass is a beast that can and will give Landry like numbers given the minutes. I personally don't like JJ's contract but he has been probably the hardest working role player that I have seen in the last few years transitioning his game. I would say they have a TON of assets.

On a side note, the tone in the clubhouse here has been a bit shaky. I saw first hand at a Orlando charity event where VC was getting no love from D12 and Lewis.

16. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

Looks like they won't trade him to a Western team

http://twitter.com/ChrisMannixSI

17. Houston_Rockets

Who do you think that was???

PeAcE

18. redao

redao Member

This is a huge stupid offer for 2 year rental.

19. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Assuming NOH decided to trade CP3, but do so to a team not on his wish list, what about the Sacramento Kings? The Kings are in dire need of a new arena or could possibly leave the Sacramento area. A trade for CP3 would improve the team and sell tickets which would improve both their chances of staying in Sacramento and getting the new arena they have been pushing for. So hear me out on the trade proposal.

Unlike other teams, the Kings are still under the cap. If the cap figures given by ESPN are correct they are currently around $8 million under the salary cap.

I'm working under a few assumptions. 1)NOH knows they will not be getting equal value in return so their main objective is ridding themselves of their huge contracts. 2)Sacramento is willing to concede that Tyreke Evans is not a PG. 3)The Maloof brothers want to stay in Sacramento and care about winning.

Trade 1
    Okafor(NO)<=>Dalembert(SAC)

Trade 2
    Paul + Posey(NO)<=>Landry + Greene + Whiteside + Picks + Cash(SAC)

Thoughts?

20. jman255

jman255 Member

And of course "Dallas and Portland is on the short list..."