1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BS Report] 03/09/15 - Kevin Love to Houston, Harden MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vstexas09, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Given the way teams trap Harden, utilizing Love out of the high post as a pass or shoot option would be golden, right now we have absolutely no high post presence (Dmo is good low, but weak high, Jones and Smith are near useless up there except for Smith's good passing at times, but none of them can shoot from there)

Love is a 70 inside/30 outside player, except in Cleveland he's closer to 60/40 and with Lebron more like 50/50 or worse

#101 Aleron, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  2. Madclownpacasum

Im good of what we have. Hope dmorey holds this line u

3. Chamillionaire

I hope we keep Brewer. He fits our style like a glove. Perfect backup for Ariza and James. I'm sure JSmith will be gone next year, but I'm ok with that.

4. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

All You DON"T Need is Love !

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If you're stupid, I guess I am as well. Maybe I haven't had enough coffee, but I don't think so. First off, I'm not buying the "story," and more to the point, if Dwight is remotely healthy after he comes back, he's far more valuable in the playoffs than Love is.

We recently played a game that felt like a playoff game. Hell, it felt like a game from the '90's. It was a war. And who did we play? The Cavs, with the guy considered the best player on the planet. Not the MVP, that's another story, but he's seen as the best player in the league, not only in the States, but around the world. Cinnabon (I like to whine because I'm sweet!) James, a linebacker who moonlights as a player in the NBA. There's another guy who played in that game, Mr. Love. So what happens? Their James and our James played like the superstars they are. Mr. Love? He played like Mr. Green Jeans, a nice guy I remember from an age ago who had a kiddie show in the morning. Oh, and Love's labors lost.

I'll stick with Dwight, and glad to do so.

1 person likes this.
  6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

It's not a story, it's just Simmons shooting the yarn, his trade scenarios are always "in the head of Simmons" and i don't think he's ever suggested otherwise

I thought Love played pretty well til Lebron iced him like he was from the antarctic.

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Love for Dwight needs to be done

but its going to be difficult or near impossible

how do you trade someone who was brought in as the future of the franchise, after all that LA/Houston drama, who would come to Houston after we trade Dwight for Love, no other star would even consider it under Murray

Dwight is becoming injury prone, and its just gonna get worst. Is Love a bad defensive player, sure, but was Harden bad on defense last year? yea, remember "Haren"

You can teach Defense, but you cant teach someone to be healthy, just pray

8. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

They can have love. We don't need him here... and he's def not a superstar.

Lets worry more about KD coming here since westbrook clearly isn't going to settle for being second option after breaking ll these records and playing out of his mind as of late.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Ok... So its taken me awhile to comment on these two subjects-

-Kevin Love/potential Dwight swap
    -Sensitivity of Rockets/media perception/b****ing about Rox fans

First I'll comment on the sensitivity thing-

Look, the media just needs to shup up about the complaints from dealing with Rockets fans. This is their job. We are their customers essentially who click their page links and follow them on Twitter which essentially keeps them employed. We are a product of our environment that has become extremely hostile because our team, and our fan-base now has become Vilified BY THE MEDIA.

You created us bloggers .... now you have no right to complain about us.

I'll go ahead and end on that one. You have no right to complain about "sensitive fans" that YOU created.

ok... now that I got that off my chest. Onto the Kevin Love thing-

..................................................................................................

First of all, a Dwight for Love swap just isn't happening. For various reasons (deals made with agencies, marketing, etc.) Morey isn't trading Dwight. His hands are tied there even if he wanted to.

Also if you acquired Love and lost Dwight that makes the front-line of the Rockets then Love/D-Mo or Love/Jones which scares the living crap out of me defensively. This would be horrible for this teams structure on that end, and would ultimately lead to some really really bad losses in the season to sub-par teams, and could cost the team in the playoffs with bad match-ups.

However the Rockets offensively would be deadly. Love is a much more well rounded offensively player than he looks in Cleveland, and the Rockets system would put him in a position to create alot more.

At the end of the day, in the West I don't think it helps the Rockets anymore, but it absolutely makes them much more vulnerable in the playoffs.

If the Rockets were able to add Love to the team with Dwight and Harden, I think you are looking at a situation where they have to convince him to opt in and then be traded. Then you are gambling on a one-year deal like the Lakers did with Dwight. However that's really the one way I see him being acquired this off-season unless they gut their team yet again. Tough to see them moving Ariza and getting no salary back.

I dunno... Bill and Zach make interesting points as always. Love would be interesting in Houston as the #2 to Harden, but you open up an entirely new bag of problems if you commit to that route unconsciously.

10. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

why would we trade Dwight for Love when he is a free agent this off season, get him then and have both

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Media insults rockets none stop. Labels fans sensative. Honestly, this is fascinating group think on their part.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

KLove is only marginally better than DMo

Rocket River

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Is this meant to be serious? I'm very open to listening to why you say this...

14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Hmm? Is it a wide margin or a thin margin? Do tell...

15. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

What if there is no margin for error?

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Just look at the numbers

Rocket River

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Major distraction from a non-credible source (pure speculation) in the middle of a heated playoff push is absolutely not worthy of discussing IMO.

We can analyze what we need or don't need after our playoff performance. Stay focused people!!!

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Good comparison. I do have to ask about their situations... Playing with lebron and kyrie... Couldn't that be holding love back? I mean, jsmoove didnt shine this season until coming to Houston. The big man whisperer will help too.

19. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Kevin Love is an elite rebounder which is a big part of defense. He is also a very efficient scorer and is versatile enough to open up the floor with spacing. I am not sure why you are focusing on the one thing he is not great at, instead of the many things he is elite at.

Adding Love will hurt depth in the short term, but not in the long term, as talent/depth are not mutually exclusive. Every team can have depth, only one team can have Kevin Love and depth.

You guys are creating false narratives as too why we shouldn't pursue a top ten player, and its dumb.

New year, new stars, same old fallacies. Being able to "carry a team" is not a benchmark for whether or not we should add players to our team. Corey Brewer could never carry a team, but that has not stopped him from being awesome here.

You win championships by having the best players. Kevin Love is one of the best players.

You guys are missing the big picture. We wouldn't have to trade Dwight for Love. We could move Ariza in the offseason for nothing, not resign some of our vets and have Harden/Love AND Howard.

As I posted earlier in this thread:

Here is what it would take to outright sign Kevin Love:
    [​IMG]

20. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Drooling at the sound of this........