1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BS Report] 03/09/15 - Kevin Love to Houston, Harden MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vstexas09, Mar 9, 2015.

1. krouchchocolate

Screw that. Prefer not to have love and keep dwight

2. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

I'm scared Dwight is turning into Amare.

3. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

This would be smart if the bigger picture was to attract kevin durant.

It would make a great big three that fits our system.

4. jbasket

jbasket Member

Once again, the "What have you done for me lately" is criminally underrating Dwight. How surprising.

Yep, because no structural damage to the knee is similar to microfracture surgery.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I honestly wonder whether this is an option. DeAndre is from Houston. I wonder if we could pull that off.

6. Krizzle

Krizzle Member

I would only trade Dwight for Cousins, or move Dwight to make money for Cousins.

7. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

That means getting rid of alot of players to sign him to the max and resigning k love we wouldn't have cap space for a long time

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

K.Love to loser land errr Lakerland where he can be happy and get all his stats.

Kobe can "teach him how to be a winner" before going out for the 3rd, 4th, 5th consecutive season, whatever it is, with a season ending injury.

[​IMG]

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I doubt that Morey dangles Dwight to make room for Love, especially by dumping him on some random team like Sacramento or whatever.

First and foremost, good luck pursuing top free agents in the future if you do this. It's one thing to move role players around, it's another to pursue a star as hard as the Rockets did with Dwight, making promises and all, and then dumping him to a place where he doesn't want to go.

Second, rim protection is still pretty important (and hard to find) if you want to be a real contender. So, even Dwight at 90% is something you'd rather not lose.

If the Rockets do go after Love, I'd imagine that a more likely route is either trading Ariza to make room or work a S&T with CLE involving Ariza plus other assets and pieces (picks, one of DMo/Jones, non-guaranteed contracts of Kostas and Prigioni, etc.). The Rockets don't have cap room for a straight signing, but just getting rid of Ariza's contract (which is not a very burdensome one) would at least get the team most of the way there (depending on what the actual salary cap # ends up at). You really don't need to touch Dwight's contract.

1 person likes this.
  10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

If Howard continues to have these injuries or comes back with limited athleticism what kind of contract do you offer him after next year?

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Uh, none?

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

He will opt in for that final year and then you tell him, "Thanks for "four great" years, we're going in a different direction. We wish you all the best."

:)

Or what CDK said.

13. Carl Herrera

One thing that I found surprising:

Lowe and Simmons agreed that Wes Matthews was gonna get something like $20M/year this summer if he hadn't gotten injured.

One of them (Simmons, I think) also said that Wes is Portland's 2nd best player-- better than Lillard because Lillard doesn't play D.

Really? He's really good at what he does and the cap #s are gonna be crazy, but $20M?

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

This new NBA salary structure,... gonna be crazy!

Good players, you'd like them on your team but the thought of paying the Goran Dragic's and Wes Matthews' of the world $20 million?! NO WAY!

15. rockets13champs

I think the knicks will lose out on alot of free agents and go hard after beverly and give him the max

16. dingus

dingus Member

Simmons is usually pretty on top of the salaries but I think that is a gross overestimate. $14-16m/year seemed reasonable before the injury. Still a crazy number considering Harden doesn't even make that much, but teams are planning their cap so far in advance that the salary bump in two seasons is already being adjusted for.

17. Carl Herrera

I would pay Dragic more than I would Matthews. Dragic is a guy who not only scores a lot of efficient points, but also creates scoring opportunities for himself and others. Matthews mostly scores assisted baskets (spot up 3s and cuts).

18. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

Would like Love but not for Dwight. Wouldn't even do it for 60-80% Dwight. We can survive with our current power forwards and Howard's defense is irreplaceable (Unless Jordan comes here).

Is it possible to clear out enough room for Love this offseason? I guess it will have to be a repeat of last offseason but I'm not sure if it's even worth possibly losing out on resigning Brewer, Smith, McDaniels and possibly trading half the team (Jones, DMo, Papa, etc) for a defensive liability.

19. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

We have Motiejunas, Jones and maybe a chance at keeping Smith atleast a lottery pick that can replace him. I really Morey looks to go after a PG

20. lakersuck

lakersuck Member

Am I the only one who wants to see Dwight through the end of his contract as a Rocket? I mean we brought the guy in to be our second star along Harden to win championships. The team showing loyalty to its players will go a long way in the long run. If ever I'm trading Dwight I'd want it to be for someone huge like KD.