1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bryant's elbow!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ScreamingRocketJet, Jun 1, 2002.

1. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Manny -

you may be on to something. Bavetta officiated the Lakers Game 1 win. The Faker$ don't lose many games but are 7-1 this season when Bavetta officiates. :eek:

2. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

Kobe has lost all my respect, he fudgin acts like he is a fashion modekl with his sunglasses and crap. NO WAY he will get to where Jordan will be on and off the court and especially his arrogance.
    That stupid McDonalds commercial where he goes to play on the team with those 7 year olds is just so stupid....it's not even fair to the other kids team that has to play them. :D ...once again Kobe has to cheat to win a championship...even a kids' championship....:mad: :mad: :D.

I can see it now.......Kobe taking that McDonalds kids game seriously. He soars through the air over the lil kids from the free throw line..... and on his way up two kids are holding on for their lives to his legs as he is in the air for the dunk.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

NOTICE: not once. . . NOT ONCE!!!! during the Nets/Celtics game did you get a commercial for their game 7 *IF NECESSARY* .. but the one for the lakers came on like 3 times duing the Lakers/Kings Game

Rocket River

4. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Hell, I'd fix every game if I could get in on that after party! :D

5. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Hindsight is 20/20---in realtime the refs had no way of knowing if it were real, or just another Sac-town flop/

And the correct call was a double foul---not a call on kobe. Bibby had his whole arm around his torso before the contact.

this has got to be a difficult series for the refs to call. The Kings want a foul on LA everytime their in touching distance, and Shaq wants his calls of the last 10 years...which is sort of out of place today.

But he looked good tonight---he's a foul magnet--and he hit his ft's. Say what you will about the refs---Sac town DID have a chance.

6. JAG

JAG Member

Getting away with flagrant fouls when a big game is in question....hmmmm...Maybe Kbbe IS the next Jordan....

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I suppose people are conveniently missing the fact that Bibby had Kobe around the waist as he tried to make his move (with his elbow! :D). That should've been a double foul.

GO LAKERS!!!

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Incidental contact anyone?

9. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

That's what I'm saying. GO LAKERS INDEED! C-WEBB, C YOUR WAY OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS!!!

10. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

LOL - talk about bias fans...

Kobe hit him in the face! Ignore the fact bibby had him wrapped around the waist, trying to create contact and flop for a foul!

Bibby got what came to him, don't cheat :)

11. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

grrr. Lakers. good game until the 4th quarter. referees win for series MVP.

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

early on i actually thought the kings may have been getting away with some stuff but by the 3rd things had evened up and then the 4th quarter was just an absolute travesty. 25 FT's!!!!! IN ONE QUARTER!!! and i believe only 4 were end of game intentional foul stuff. that is insane and makes it EXTREMELY difficult to win if you are the kings. the lakers are hard enough to beat, with 21 ft's they are damn near impossible. to me the whole turning point was the unbelievable 5th foul on webber. horry was not even close to beating cwebb to the spot (it should've been a blocking foul i thought) and yet gets a flop call against a superstar in the 4th quarter of an elimination game. come on. give the kings the hook that cwebb had taken away and it's 94-90, not 92-90. also, when cwebb fouled horry on that drive, with 4 fouls the officials would've have given it to him and thus divac would not have picked up his sixth foul (and divac didn't foul him but they had to call something after webber brought him down). so maybe the kings aren't stuck with Lfund (just rolls off the tongue) guarding shaq at the end. turning point if you ask me.

also, as was posted before, even the announcers were consistenly pointing out ridiculous calls. webber's 5th, a few on pollard, and the mike bibby will never get another call as long as he lives period during the 3rd quarter. i especially loved the play where shaq knocked bibby down with no foul which led to kobe getting a 3 point play where it didn't appear pollard made contact with kobe.

a few calls i thought the kings got were cwebb bowling over horry for one layup and christie possibly fouling kobe and that turnaround although they never slowed the replay up enough for me to tell. overall, enormous advantage for the lakers from the refs. and yes, gb, the kings did have a chance, which to me only further proves how good they are and how well they fought under this type of adversity. with even officiating and shaq and kobe not going crazy the kings win this series on sunday. but i don't see even officiating happening.

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I like both teams, butit was kinda sad the ft's shot by one team. Bibby goes by Kobe and Kobe rode his bck to te hoop, no call was made. It was stupid in game 5 when shaq on;y attempted 1 ft. The officials hae been very inconsistent, but with that being said, sac is at home. They worked the entire yr for this so they need to use it to their advantage. I wonder if Kobe will bring his own food this time.

14. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was disappointed in the reffing towards the end of the game. It was terribly inconsistent, as Pued mentioned. But in regards to the elbow Kobe threw, I don't think it was intentional, and people holding it against Kobe as such is total bull****, as it was very apparent to me that he was just trying to get around Bibby, and Bibby all over him. Contact was inevitable...the fact that Bibby was shorter than Kobe meant his head was in line with his elbow. It sucked, but it happens.

15. Asian Sensation

For anybody that plays basketball, you dont go around people with your elbows above your chest, as a matter of fact how can Kobe have his elbows elevated enough to nail Bibby right in the nose. When you try to go around people you usually go around by slightly pushing the opponent around the hips area, side of the chest area at the highest. Not elbowing them in the fawking nose. And that elbow was like a jab. For those who say it was unintentional Puhleaaaaaaaze. Anyhow, Kings are gonna win game 7. Peace

16. wink3

wink3 Member

This should explain everything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#36 wink3, Jun 1, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2002
  17. SlamN

SlamN Member

The refs made sure the Lakers won this one. The calls in the fourth quarter were one sided. The elbow in the face was so obvious, but not called. Not only did Kobe throw the elbow but also ran him over. The ref on the sideline on the inbound had a perfect view. Pollard got some phantom calls made against him. Kobe also got some calls go his way. Also a lot of late whistles for the Lakers. No make up calls for the Kings. Somebody sure wanted the Lakers to win last night...

I hope the Kings come out and blow the Lakers away in game 7.

18. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

Should have been a flagrant foul, on Kobe Bryant. There was money on the line and NBC and the NBA wanted a game 7. Kobe is a God. He bloodies Bibby's nose and shot 2 free throws.

Hooray for Laker fans and F**k everybody else.

19. themugg

themugg Member

I have to say I'm very upset the way the game was called last night! Granted the Kings were'nt hitting their shots but as bad as the officiating was and their still in the game, that just proves the Kings are a better team! I'm getting very sick of a sport where officiating can really determine the outcome of a game! It's a sad day. I thought this was the National Basketball Association not the National Official Association, I would'nt be surprised at all if the NBA and NBC had something to do with the game just for money purposes! I hope not, but I would'nt be surprised!:mad:

20. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Awww...poor Bibby! Did baby get hurt?

#40 Smokey, Jun 1, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2002