1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bryan Colangelo Used Secret Twitter Accounts To Criticize His Own Players

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SC1211, May 29, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I’m genuinely shocked

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

The league can't let his guy die in such an embarassing way lol

[​IMG]

3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

https://www.libertyballers.com/2018...hat-colangelo-was-unaware-of-twitter-accounts

The comments on their forum...
    Welcome to Houston, Lebron...

#203 lnchan, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Vivi likes this.
  4. TheresTheDagger

5. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

I was genuinely shocked about the latest update, however I read the article. It looks like the investigation is still ongoing and that this is just conjecture from the Sixers owners meeting yesterday.

I wonder who leaked this info to the press? Are the owners/management of the Sixers leaking info to try to locate the person who had the burner accounts (if it is in fact true Colangelo had nothing to do with this and he is being framed)? I would assume only a few people were privileged to join the meeting yesterday.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Bust the Process

8. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

Exactly. If you can't work with people, when your job is all about dealing with people, then you are screwed. You can't just be a mad scientist in a lab. It works in academia, rarely in the corporate world (unless you are a genius engineer or some sort of startup founder), and definitely doesn't work as a GM in sports.

Honestly though, I think Hinkie would do great if given another chance. He will learn from his mistakes. I hope Morey rehires him like he did with Gersson Rosas.

malakas likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love it! Bryan Buttface Colangelo keeping his job just made Lebron to Houston even more viable.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Picking Embiid was the right move, lol why is it his fault Embiid got injured?

4 years to turn the franchise around is not a long time as per bball standards, how long did OKC take from day 1 to reach WCF? What about GSW, how long did they take before they reached WCF? Rome wasn't built in a day, except for you 4 years is too long to build a dynasty wtf.

You keep saying there are tons of "Hinkie Worshippers" out there but the reality is you are just a hater, pure and simple. You don't want to give Hinkie the credit he is due either because you are too dumb to understand his moves or you want to be a "cool hipster in the interwebz". Bottom line Hinkie turned the franchise around in 4 years it doesn't matter what "blunders" he committed along the day the end product speaks for itself. From a tean wallowing in mediocrity to ECF with tons of capspace and 3 promising young players in only 4 years and you still want to talk smack?

Nobody is saying Hinkie didn't make a mistake but his major mistakes were non GM related. Image and reputation management? WTF does that have to do with actual GMing? Did Colangelo's great reputation help him in avoiding Fultz? Did Colangelo's great PR presence help the Sixers beat Boston?

It's not Hinkie's fault other can't understand his vision, it is other people's fault for being too dumb and short sighted. If you remember Morey had a horrible reputation after the Dwightmare, every article was talking about his failed strategy and there was a thread here about how he was on the hot seat. Fortunately Les Alexander isn't dumb like the Sixers ownership and he understood and had trust for Morey's vision for the team. Its on the ownership to realize which are the true diamonds and which are glass.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't think Hinkie can change who he is. It's not a matter of learning. His best position is assistant GM.

Some guys just aren't programmed for the top job.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You can kiss Lebron goodbye.

The 6ers had a layup and blew it 6ers style.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

From early on it's been clear the Sixers must fire Colangelo. They just have to do it in a way that minimizes possible legal risk and damage to their reputation.

It appears Adam Silver wants them silent until the Finals conclude.

Marteen likes this.
  15. How Sweet It Is!

To: Adam Silver

Tell them Peyton Manning's wife did it. Media will run with it. Trust me.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Colangelo out

I nailed it. They agreed to mutually part ways

Vivi likes this.
  18. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

Happy it’s finally done. Colangelo is getting his money but will probably never get another NBA lead front office job again unless he’s working with his dad and far away from the limelight.

I wonder if the Sixers plan to announce who owned the accounts...

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, he gone. Lebron hunt continues.