1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brutal: Obama's approval ratings worst since Nixon; even worse than W's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Round and around we go, how low can someone stoop for politics? No one knows!

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Really comparing him to George Bush? To be considered successful how low is the unemployment rate supposed to be at this point after the worldwide recession?

What number should the stock market be right now, to be considered acceptable when the banking, real estate, and car industry were on the brink of collapse?

Has there been the biggest attack on American soil in its history killing thousands of people?

Has there been a full scale war started with another country, for a specific reason that was found to be completely untrue?

I'll tell you what Bigtexxx at the end of Obama's term You should compile his approval rating for all 48 months average them out and do the same for George Bush and come back here and brag about the results.

There is a reason that Democrats have won the popular vote in 5 out of the last 6 presidential elections. There is a reason why democrats control the senate. And there is a reason why the democrats won the most total votes in house elections even though they don't control the house.

And it sure as hell is not because Sara Palin, Ted Cruz, and republicans are considered popular. Or even considered viable except to a fringe % of the U.S.

And until the republicans can start moving more towards the center they will settle for more status quo and focusing on arbitrary year 5 approval numbers.

1 person likes this.
  3. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

those metrics are absolutely ridiculous.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

resorts to vague defensive statements. Its ok, keep crying.

5. bucket

bucket Member

Dude will be in office til January 2017. For your own health, Tex, you might try to come to terms with that :)

6. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Can anyone imagine how much it must suck to know bigtessy in person? Seriously, the constant republican griper/whiner/world is collapsing/Big Brother is out to get you/Don't steal my guns/etc etc, must get old to everyone around him. We all know one, but they can't be near as bad as being around Tessy. Imagine the dinner table. It would be like that Seinfield episode with festivus, with the airing of grievances all night long, every single night.

7. bigtexxx

yawn

more liberals using insults as a crutch. Is that truly all you can offer?

8. DwightHoward13

Barack's approval rating will never drop below Bush's rating. Why? Not because Obama is a good president. The reason is because African-American approval rating for Obama was in the 90s, is in the 90s, and will stay in the 90s.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

why did you bring up Christians?

who said anything about Christians in this thread before you mentioned it?

by the way who are "the liberals" who bash Christians?

by the way are you still embarrassed by Catholics?

10. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Maybe so, but they sure are a lot of facts (you can't dispute).

Nice post peleincubus

11. bigtexxx

already has actually, but yeah you do have the drone voter crowd

"because Obama"

12. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

As a drone voter, do you see anything that could change your mind on Obama?

13. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Bush's lowest approval was 24%. Obama is still ~20 points above that.

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I hate to add any tone of seriousness to this thread but it would be worthy of a more scholarly discussion to examine the effects of an all out Public Perception assault on the President at levels of expenditures never seen. I understand that media has been used by political oppositions since Athenian graffiti, but I don't know if there has every been a level of mis-information disguised a authoritative journalism as there has been since Mr. Obama took office. When you consider the level of influence FOX News and The Wall Street Journal have, even knowing they produce pointed propaganda and that their specific goal is sabotaging a President and obstructing a Congress, to restore power to their bought toadies, good of the people be damned, it would appear the US is headed to an Oligarchy on par with Russia and China.

The really scary part of all this is the structure of information in the US is almost entirely dependent on support from commercial interests. Money controls the information and perception for most people.

I feel like for the most part, Mr. Obama has been able to actually do very little to be reviled or praised on. He can't pass legislation, he can't even appoint positions in the Executive. The best or worst you could give him would be an incomplete game, called on account of Republican rain.

#54 Dubious, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Obama's polling is actually stable or rising. And even that libtard pollster Rasmussen has him at 47%.

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I think Obama does suck, so for me to disagree with the B.S he spews says a lot. Obama really hasn't done anything and I don't think he is a good president, but when people go so far to the other extreme (most right wing-nuts tend to..)
    I can't help but shake my head. Worse than W? Really? This is like some obsessed LOF from the GARM digging cherry picking...actually making up B.S about why Lin is better than Lebron. All of us just sit back and feel sorry for the polluted crap that was indoctrinated into tessie & co's head from a very young age.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Assuming African Americans approve of him 100%, that's still good for only 13 percentage points. He needs at least that much again from some other demographic to stay above Bush. So far, he's not having any trouble meeting that mark.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I am so sick and tired of these stupid morphing pictures.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member