1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bruno Caboclo reaches agreement with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by craguin, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Chewboclo

cdrive likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rockets were looking for their next KJ McDaniels and it looks like they found him in Bruno. :p
    Welcome to the Vipers!

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This guy has ridiculous measurements, and he is 22 years old.

According to Raptors people, he was the 2nd best shooter outside of Kyle Wiltjer in last year's training camp, but then sucked it up while Anunoby took over.

D-rock and da_juice like this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

First MCW. Now this. What are these pointless signings?

kevtse likes this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Probably building up assets to "easily" flip for Justise Winslow, Otto Porter, James Johnson or Bazemore.

da_juice likes this.
  6. Fantasma Negro

No, he's a small forward

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This guy sounds like an Italian bowl of noodles.

Lasagna, carbanara, parmigiana!
    Ay!
    Pomodoro Brunco Coboclo
    Ay!

J.R. and Pluplue like this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I just view 1yr, non-guaranteed contract, Exhibit 10 players as camp-invitees, who will play for the Vipers, so the point is to build the Vipers roster...your farm system.

fwiw: non-guaranteed salary does not count in salary-matching of trades.

So, other teams would have to view Caboclo as an actual asset they want (for talent alone). But then, if teams had their eye on Bruno, why wouldn't they have just signed him to a **** contract like we just did? I have to think no one views him as much of a asset, but rather a FRP bust, so I'm not counting on him carrying any value in trade, since he can't help in salary matching.

To me, he's just a training camp invitee, who will be cut, and then join the Vipers. He's perfect fit for the Vipers.

D-rock, No Worries, Shark44 and 3 others like this.
  9. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Exactly, and If there is anyone who can farm an NBA player out of the shitstorm, it's Daryl Morey. Wouldn't that be niceeeee.

10. Pluplue

Pluplue Member

Underrated

11. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

Yall are crazy. If he doesnt get traded before the season starts I bet $50 he gets PT for the Rockets this season. Another $50 he gets PT in the playoffs. This kid is special and he's with the perfect organization that will bring out the best of him. He can he a superstar in this league. Paul, Harden, Melo, Nene, Dantoni, Olajuwon, Lucas.. The list goes on. If no one in the world can help this kid (mentally) they can.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If he has fire within himself, it should show with hard work. No one can change him from within, but he can get good help in the RGV.

13. heypartner

Thabeet

Not one of Morey's mining attempts at giving 2009 Draft players another shot worked.

this

At some point, the player has to figure it out. Bruno just banked $7m out of his FRP rookie contract.

There is a chance the kid doesn't give a *** after getting paid (seeing he did nothing in a contract year for his next payday), and is fine having scammed Toronto out of that $7,023,225 guaranteed contract.

Shark44 likes this.
  14. heypartner

Fellow Brazilian Paul George plays for the Vipers, though. Caboclo will have a native friend on the Vipers.

Curious why neither de Paula nor Caboclo are on the Brazilian National team.

D-rock likes this.
  15. heypartner

Caboclo got kicked off the Brazilian National Team mid-tournament, in 2017, dramatically enough to be given a new plane ticket to go home early. He is not on the 2018 squad now

I.D.I.O.T.?
    Is an Exhibit 10 player worth another thread?

----------------------------------------
    from a Raptors site: https://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2017/08/27/buno-caboclo-removed-brazilian-national-team/

From FIBA
    http://www.fiba.basketball/americup/2017/news/bruno-caboclo-is-out-of-the-brazilian-team

MEDELLIN (FIBA AmeriCup 2017) – Brazil will not count on one of their most promising players for Group A’s last date.

The Brazilian squad decided to leave slender Small Forward Bruno Caboclo out of the roster after an alleged act of indiscipline, according to the National Team's manager, Renato Lamas.

According to Lamas, Caboclo refused to enter the game twice after being told to do so by Coach César Guidetti.

After some type of disappointment —to which I have no knowledge— he refused to return to the game after being summoned by the coach. For me, it’s an offense, a serious act of indiscipline,” said Lamas.

We talked to him, but he refused again. We want players that want to be with the National Team... He’s leaving. He’ll be out for an undetermined amount of time,” Lamas added.
    Caboclo will not play at Sunday's game against Puerto Rico. Lamas informed that the player's plane ticket will be changed for him to leave Colombia on Sunday.

Against Mexico, Caboclo played for a little over nine minutes, in which he only made three points.

Caboclo belongs to the NBA's Toronto Raptors.​

#155 heypartner, Aug 18, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    D-rock likes this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I was joking.

RudyTBag likes this.
  17. craguin

craguin Member

[​IMG]

heypartner likes this.
  18. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Bruno
    I played with a Bruno-lite type player. Kid had tremendous physical gifts and talent to boot, but just didn't have the consistent/persistent fire needed to be a great one. I do like our player development staff with Lucas taking the lead on certain aspects of our youngin's game. Lucas didn't sign on to our staff until 2016 and I think he's been instrumental in Capela's growth over the last few years.

As an investor, I take some calculated risks on some companies that have tremendous potential, but just haven't put it all together yet. Some do and some don't. The ones that do, more than make up for the ones that don't. This is how I see DM's strategy with guys like Clark, Edwards, and Bruno. If one of the three is able to contribute in the rotation in 2-3 years then his ROI ("Playing above their contract" mantra) is very good.

Moe likes this.
  19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Oh you are so dang right heypartner. This guy is likely never going to see the floor for the Rockets. Man, thank you so much for opening my eyes with the brilliant analysis. THABEET, THANK YOU FOR SENDING THE COMPARISON THAT OPENED MY EYES!!! What would we do without Clutchfans to correct us all??? He is a scrub guys, let the thread die already! :D

Lighten up. It's okay for Rocket fans to get excited about ANYONE that Daryl Morey breathes on, because he has had the magic touch on a multitude of players that came from nothing, and it's a long offseason.