1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BRUNO CABOCLO IS SHOOTING OVER 40% FROM 3.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T. Will tha Don, Dec 31, 2018.

1. WolfofHouston

WolfofHouston Member

Is there any report on his progress? If he could hit even 34% he wouldn't be a minimum player. He'd get a solid deal, so he's not a long term project.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No clue, I'm not even a fake insider. I'm sure someone knows how he's progressing in practice but I'm not that guy.

Corrosion likes this.
  3. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

From being 2 years away

Dacamel and xaos like this.
  4. T. Will tha Don

Yup just like Danuel House has been stuck in the G league and cut time and time again right. I hate when people are lazy and spit up old quotes from someone else's opinion instead of looking and researching with their own eyes. Thats Daryl Morey's secret. Half the GMs have tended to look with collaborative eyes while he chose to look hard at the data and go against the grain (originality). Caboclo can spot up and hit the 3 better than the majority of our bench #facts. He doesnt need to do anything else except play D and he is showing that in the G league and his HEIGHT AND LENGTH is a plus to defend MULTIPLE positions. LET HIM EVOLVE LIKE HOUSE DID IN TRASH MINUTES IS ALL IM SAYING.

Scarface, Little Bit and D-rock like this.
  5. ballgame

ballgame Member

No! I think he's much better. Just need time

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

For now, yes. His jumper has improved, but he is no where close to being an NBA rebounder. He is making some progress with shot blocking, but that is only useful at the G-league level. Bruno is too weak for the NBA right now. He needs to get a lot stronger and get faster too. He has gotten somewhat quicker
    which is promising to some extent.

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Darnel Morley is holding on to him for trade bait. Hoping to get at least a coffee maker or toaster oven for him.

Corrosion likes this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I was expecting this to be nothing with him only having 0.5 makers per game on 15 attempts or some **** like that, but this actually legit!

2.2 made 3's per game on 5.2 attempts, averaging 27 MPG.

46 total made three's made on 110 attempts over 21 games

That's damn impressive. Suprisingly, he's actually been hitting over 2 three's a game every year in the Gleague over the past 3 seasons at around 33.5%. This is his first seasons shooting a very high % at 41.8

carib, don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  9. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

He looked terrible in the preseason. Too slow, and his release is really slow and weird as well. I don't see it.

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Any non-scrub role player can average insane stats in the G-league. Jeremy Lin was averaging a triple double in the G-league so Bruno better be averaging 25ppg down there before anyone says he's "NBA ready".

Right now he has 15ppg, reminds me of Zhou Qi. So they're probably at the same level... "scrub"

11. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

We have only 1 2-way contract (Danuel House) who probably has more upside than Caboclo TBH.
    Daryl hasn’t already signed another player (Brandan Sampson) to a 2-way.
    MCW would have to be traded for cash consideration in order to open a roster spot.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or dump Edwards, his roster spot is wasted.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  13. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I’m down to give this man a shot just for his name.

The 7 ft 7 wingspan is absurd. Poor man’s Giannis? Much better 3 point shooter apparently.

D-rock likes this.
  14. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

We have only 1 2-way contract (Danuel House) who probably has more upside than Caboclo TBH.
    Daryl hasn’t already signed another player (Brandan Sampson) to a 2-way.
    MCW would have to be traded for cash consideration in order to open a roster spot.
    id keep Edwards and find a way to trade MCW or even Ennis.
    Daryl isn’t someone who gives up on young guys that quick. I think Edwards can be a good role player someday. Only thing that worries me about him is that he’s already spent 4 years in college which can mean that he’s peaked and has already dealt with a few injuries which tells me that he’s probably made of glass.

15. saleem

Edwards has good form on his jumper. He is like Ariza without the D. A full year in the G-League and a solid off season will do him a lot of good. I too would retain him over MCW. Keep Ennis for now.

ROXonROXonROX likes this.
  16. saleem

Sign Bruno to a 2 way contract for 2 years. If he develops quicker than expected, then sign him to a guaranteed contract like Clark next season. He is making some progress, but it doesn't matter if he can do more than Chriss. He is just not good enough right now. Bruno is a bit like Zhou. He lacks strength, stamina and NBA level speed. He does have more potential than Zhou though.

D-rock likes this.
  17. saleem

Sampson has signed a 2 way contract with Bulls.

D-rock likes this.
  18. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Sign him max for 5 year deal.

19. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Small sample size

20. Bo6

Bo6 Member

don't get the rush. let him develop with confidence in the G-league and then maybe "capela" him right before playoffs.

players like him need BURN more than anything else and maybe getting 5 min in blow out games once every two weeks isn't going to help anyone.

seeingred and saleem like this.