1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BRUNO CABOCLO IS SHOOTING OVER 40% FROM 3.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T. Will tha Don, Dec 31, 2018.

1. T. Will tha Don

He's 6'10 230 with a 7'7 wingspan, gets almost 2 blocks a game, and is shooting 42% from beyond the arc for the season for our G League affiliate. He could help usand develop much better than MCW or our other 2 way contracts. That size, length, and potential to play 2-5 should be considered with out injury bug misfortunes js. Just look at his last several games and you will see the development and fit. Thoughts?

2. xaos

xaos Member

2 years away, man

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Thoughts are that there have been plenty of players that dominate the D/G League that don't pan out in the NBA.

Richie_Rich, J.R. and Mazulis like this.
  4. omgTHEpotential

Not a basketball player at the NBA level.

5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

IT WOULD BE INTERESTING TO GIVE BRUNO SOME PLAYING TIME ON AN NBA TEAM CONSISTENTLY - BUT I'M NOT SURE THE CURRENT ROCKETS ROSTER IS THE RIGHT PLACE/TIME FOR THAT.

HE IS THE DEFINITION OF A AAAA-PLAYER, SOMEONE THAT CAN DOMINATE THE SECOND BEST LEAGUES BUT CANT CRACK THE MAJOR LEAGUE. SOMETIMES THOSE GUYS JUST NEED COACHING FAITH TO FIND THE RIGHT ROLE. BUT MANY TIMES THEY ARE JUST TERRENCE WILLIAMS.

aroundtheblock2, LFE171 and Fawkward like this.
  6. Remlap

Remlap Member

7. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I’d like to see him dominate before I escalate him but glad to see improvement.

8. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Timing isn't right. With the West being a bloodbath right now, any small losing streak could plummet us out of playoff seeding. We can't afford to test him out just yet.

jboslett likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

He is better fit than Chriss IMO and more upside than Hart.

Plus there are teams that Nene is not playable and Clint needs a breather. Hart is better against bigger centers but not against more active and spacing 5's like DGreen or AD.

And PJ is being run into the ground.

#9 D-rock, Dec 31, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  10. T. Will tha Don

Im merely saying you cant teach size and he is a better and younger option with more upside to put a butt on a bench seat for trash minutes than MCW

11. T. Will tha Don

Im merely saying you cant teach size and he is a better and younger option with more upside to put a butt on a bench seat for trash minutes than MCW

12. T. Will tha Don

EXACTLY!!! YOU ACTUALLY GET MY POINT.

D-rock and s3ts like this.
  13. fattz

fattz Member

He is going to take time from whom? Innis or the back up 4 => Clark. Our 3rd string is not going to cost us games. Health will, we NEED players to step in and up like House does. Depending depth will help our health long term. Only way to find the next one is by looking... House & Clark are not the only gems in the G league.

Shh... we are not going to be able to buy depth. We need to make/use our own.

D-rock and T. Will tha Don like this.
  14. T. Will tha Don

My point exactly.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I could see pulling the plug on Vincent Edwards and giving that roster spot to Cabocio. While it's true that doing well in the G league doesn't mean that you'll do anything in the NBA but Edwards looks pretty bad IMO

D-rock likes this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Most good G-league players are 3rd-stringer on an NBA team. Since most of our 2nd-stringers are actually 3rd-stringers, folks keep looking at these g-leaguers and have hope that they might be better than those the guys sitting on our bench. But even if they do, they aren't really significantly better and won't improve the Rockets much.

BasketMAD and RocketRed84 like this.
  17. WolfofHouston

WolfofHouston Member

Why haven't we pulled the plug on MCW?

He offers nothing. Not even as a 4th stringer

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think they are still holding out hope that they can fix his shot. If the kid could hit 3's at even a 34% rate then he's very playable. That said, right now I'd take MCW over Edwards any day. I had high hopes for him, but he just doesn't look like a basketball player from what I've seen of him in the G league.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  19. ballgame

ballgame Member

Don't know why Morey haven't acted on this! I thought he played effectively during the pre-season. I think he will be a good backup 4/5. If we could get one of Boston's SF; Morris or Brown and bring in Bruno.....I think we could win it ALL

D-rock likes this.
  20. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Bruno Cabloclo is the new Malick Badiane.

Williamson, napalm06, saleem and 2 others like this.