1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bruce Bowen with another cheap shot

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by vcchlw, Mar 13, 2008.

Tags:
  1. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Uh.. Chris Paul threw in a cheap shot right before when he swung his legs around. They're both dirty - let them play on. Hopefully they'll take each other out.

2. echu888

echu888 Member

3. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

4. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Chris Paul had the first dirty move. Just two dirty players playing hard basketball, no need to single Bowen out.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Good.

I hate Bowen but I enjoyed watching him kick Paul. I hate that punk.

6. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

bowen needs to punch cp3 in the nuts next time

7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

No, not quite egregious enough for the death penalty.

8. zazahan

zazahan Contributing Member

Slow motions here:
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hZNwSC_6H90&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hZNwSC_6H90&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

And you can see that CP3 did punch Bowen (00:44)

#28 zazahan, Mar 13, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  9. ling ling

ling ling Member

In the slow mo, it looks like Bowen got a love tap on the nvts while Bowen didn't knee cp3 at all.

10. OrangeCountyCA

That's right. I see that too. :mad: Damn you Chris Paul...

11. Cook1ez

Cook1ez Member

My thoughts exactly. But i think he intended to hit him with the knee anyway. Didn't know Paul was dirty like that.

12. yobod

yobod Member

What's funny is that Rafer called out CP3 on the spot, in that interview. He said he's got the "little man syndrome" where he only comes into a fight after he knows Chandler is already involved. I actually never liked Paul, even at Wake. He's damn talented though, I will give him that much.

13. ling ling

ling ling Member

Well... if you get an unexpected love tap on the nvts, your first reflex actions is to lift your knee and cover up.

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sc4yz__akIU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sc4yz__akIU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Tell me what this looks like...You show me a game Bruce Bowen has played, and I'll show you a dirty play...with the help of TIVO

15. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Not just in this incident. Apart from the infamous kick on Szczerbiak's face, Nash, Ray Allen, Amare Stoudamire, T-Mac, Crawford have all been his victims. This guy has the heart to injure somebody intentionally so severely that could possibly end somebody's career. What he is doing is purely murder on the court but David Stern decides to turn a blind eye on it. What a shame.

16. lalala902102001

I can't stop laughing. That kick's just too funny.

17. dividend

dividend Member

I agree that Bruce Bowen is a dirty player, but in that play, it just looks like Chris Paul is flopping on the floor like a fish out of water. Scrums for loose balls can get a lot worse than that.

18. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

agreed.

19. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

You have to love Bowen. This dude is in an arena with 17,000 fans watching live and millions watching on TV and he still thinks he can get away with kicking people in the achilles, putting his foot underneath guys who are in the air and karate kicking shooters in the face. Talk about brass balls.

And to reiterate, Chris Paul deserves all he gets. Too bad he didn't get to play in the Karl Malone era where he could get one of those elbows like Isiah received. The guy is talented as hell but he is a punk. Too bad the Dictator has neutered the players to the point where they feel they can't retaliate against dirty players who never get caught by the refs (or the league officials).

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Deke hasn't retired yet...
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JPA2_n-xsn0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JPA2_n-xsn0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    (only the first couple of minutes is relevant)