1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Browns @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

why is corey bradford still alive

is the better question.

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

who cares.... they're pretty much done this year

they better off losing as many as possible and getting the #1 pick for next draft.. plus trading away BS contracts and somehow getting 1st round picks.. actually they have too many problems u dont know where to start lol.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

David Carr is just horrible, he takes far too long to make a decision and then release the ball.

I know he has been battered, but at least 50% of the sacks are on him...he just holds the damned ball.

He got sacked on a rollout for Chrissakes.....a ROLLOUT??? Dave...you can throw that one away you know.

DD

4. Billyp

Billyp Contributing Member

Anyone notice Buchanon actually showed up for the game today? Had some good hits and had he not tipped that last pass, Cleveland would have scored the TD. It's about damn time.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I am kind of bummed by the win (What kind of fan am I?). I'm still holding out hope that we can get the number one pick and trade down for two first rounders, using one on Vince Young and one on a stud O-lineman.

I seriously think Vince Young can end up being just as exciting in the NFL as Mike Vick.

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

The team screwed up an 0-16 record-breaking season, very disappointing. They can't even keep a losing streak going.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I know. At least they could be consistantly good at something(losing).

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Agree completely. Obviously, you look at that offense and see the OL is a problem. But Carr is just as much a problem.

What's more, it's not just the sacks he takes that he shouldn't, but he constantly audibles to stupid plays.

10. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Its a good thing san francisco won.. we're still in the hunt for the #1 pick. Now all we need is Green Bay to finally start winning.

11. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Maybe GreenBay would want Matt Leinart to replace Brett Favre

12. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

They got stuck with Aaron Rodgers, no way they pick another QB. They have too many other structural problems to worry about.

13. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Man...

It's a good thing the Browns really suck. This was pretty painful to watch (at the game today). I think we have, like, 4 offensive plays.

And for some reason I don't remember Carr being this bad before this year. Don't get me wrong - our offensive line still blows - but he is incredibly gun-shy and prone to poor decisions now.

It just seems like that was that big a problem in previous years.

Our return game was great, though. Bradford is pretty poor, Gaffney only slightly better. Even when Carr makes a play, they don't help him out much.

Sigh. Oh well. At least we won.

14. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I saw the game on TV and Bradford can't catch...Now having said that, Carr is not consistent...A win is a win, but this is main reason why the Texans suck...

15. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

Sad day here, the only win they get is not on tv here, the CBS station is KENS TV from San Antonio, so they only had the Saints @ 3. So tell me, was there plastic over the lockers so their stuff wouldn't get wet from the celebration? :)

16. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I came pretty close. :)

I saw the Texans getting 2 TD's and 2 FG's and the Browns getting 2 TD's and 1 FG. I didn't expect to see a total of 7 FG's.

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Maybe he holds the ball because the Texans didn't have even a #2 quality receiver on the field yesterday, much less a legitimate number one option. And they have a tight end who essentially gave up an interception after Carr hit him in the hands. If you want Carr to throw the ball, someone needs to be open.

18. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

True dat

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You still need to learn how to consistently throw it away if you don't have anyone open. He can only consistently do that on two-point conversion attempts.

20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I agree, but that's very tricky. When Carr takes a sack and doesn't throw it away, he's doing that because he's trying to give his receivers time to get open and make a play. If he starts throwing it away more consistently, then people here and at the games are going to whine about how he's not giving his receivers a chance because he doesn't hold it long enough. It's tough to find a balance between the two when the time he has to make that decision is so short.