1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Browns release RB Ben Tate.

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by rolyat93, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

The hell with Tate. Very overrated RB.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And if he hadn't been such a b**** when he lost his job in Cleveland. You have to be a much better player than he is to be that kind of locker room distraction and still have a job.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Vikings have claimed former Browns RB Ben Tate, per <a href="https://twitter.com/FieldYates">@FieldYates</a>.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/535178100381089792">November 19, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's a good fit for him, the Vikings offense is pretty much all run because they don't have a competent QB, but he'll be sharing carries with 2 other backs still.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Bridgewater has no Arian Foster, DeAndre Hopkins, or Andre Johnson yet still manages to get a lower INT% rate than Fitzpatrick. His o-line isn't any good either.

Give Bridgewater the weapons that Fitzpatrick had (and failed with) here in Houston and see what he does moving forward.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's fun that people still defend him, but he's still thrown more interceptions than TD's and he's still one of the bottom 3 QB's in the NFL. I remember people talking about how Denver didn't have any weapons when Tebow was there, about how bad Demaryius Thomas was, but Peyton managed just fine.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Except it's a valid argument but since you don't agree with the conclusion you summarily dismiss it, just like you summarily dismiss any argument that you disagree with.

It's still funny that you can use the "weak o-line" excuse for Fitzpatrick but when it is used for Bridgewater, along with the "no weapons" argument, you don't take it seriously.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't take people seriously when they don't have a serious argument. Greg Jennings and Cordarrelle Patterson aren't "nothing" and Christian Ponder was able to get pretty good numbers out of Kyle Rudolph. As to the run, the Vikings have the 12th most rush yards in the NFL this season.....it's not that he doesn't have the weapons, he just doesn't have the talent.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Better there than in Indy.

He'll probably be a short yardage back for them, as the #2 RB.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Do you think they'll go after LeGarrette Blount? He cleared waivers. I mean, he could be done, but I'd think someone would give him a shot.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Christian Ponder? The guy who currently sits behind Bridgewater on the Minnesota depth chart? Ponder had Adrian Peterson when he was playing.

Those "weapons" Bridgewater has compare to almost no other QB in the NFL. Name one qb that has worst weapons than Bridgewater has, you're looking at bottom of the barrel teams like the Rams, the Raiders, the Jags. Not surprisingly, those QBs are not putting up good numbers.

On the other hand, Fitzpatrick has weapons as good as any other qb in the league as well as an opportunistic defense with a lead leading 23 takeaways yet he still performs terribly.

11. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Why does every thread turn into a teddy Bridgewater thread? Y'all ruin this forum.

12. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

there's only 1 constant in these arguments. not sure why clutch has not banned him yet like the battle red blog.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No clue, his fans are the worst, it was just a passing mention of the team Ben Tate went to and then boom the thread got derailed by Teddy fans. Anyway, it's probably best to just ignore them.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

LOL....

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Noting that the same person felt compelled to bring up Bridgewater in two threads new threads that weren't about him.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Noting that mentioning the situation on the team Ben Tate went to in a Ben Tate thread is relevant. The Vikings have almost all of their offense on the ground....don't you see how that would be relevant when talking about a RB?

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Who mentioned him until you did?

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I purposely didn't even mention him by name because I didn't want to get his crazy fanbase going. I just mentioned the situation that Ben Tate was going to in Minnesota and chaos ensued.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I didn't mention that you didn't mention him

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I forgot to mention that you didn't mention that I didn't mention him.