1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Broussard: Suns & Bledsoe $32M apart in negotiatons

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. try

try Member

Brooks was playing under a one-year contract and would have had Early Bird rights at the end of the contract. In that special case, the player has to give his consent to allow a trade.
    So technically, it wasn't a no trade clause (these are very rare), but the consequences were the same.

2. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I don't think Dragic would have to compete with those guys for time anymore than he had to compete with Bledsoe for time this year. If anything they've given him the reins, more so than anyone else besides Nash recently. Remember that he's already left us to sign with them once already.

3. hooroo

hooroo Member

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

I still don't understand why PHX went and got IT2.

They're a good team, but I think that was the wrong move.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Seems like they could of just saved the money and put a bid on Monroe instead for another 5-7 million

Bledsoe/Dragic/Ennis
    Dragic/Green/Goodwin
    Tucker/Marcus/Warren
    Markieff/Monroe/Toliver
    Monroe/Plumlee/Len

Much better and more balanced team.

6. basketballholic

I can only surmise here. But I have to surmise that PHX had to be thinking about trading Bledsoe for Monroe straight up at the time of the IT signing. Because that would make sense, you know.

But....perhaps Bledsoe (and Monroe) decided not to cooperate.

7. arjun

arjun Member

they are obviously believe that they will only be able to hang on to either dragic or bledsoe longterm, so they have Isiah to continue to play 2 PG lineups.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Detroit and their team is a hell hole, highly doubt he'd be happy about inking a deal with them. You cant go great from city's like LA & Phoenix, to Detroit, you just can't lol.

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Nick...didn't mean to ignore you in the other thread...Things got a little testy for a sec...

Oh, this Bledsoe "negotiation" has most definitely turned into a war w/scorched earth policy. At the moment I know as much as you.....will pass on anything new if I hear it.

10. basketballholic

Agreed. And remember, I'm strictly surmising. Don't have any proof that PHX and DET were trying to work a trade. But....Bledsoe has NO REASON to want to go to Detroit. Terrible city. He's an Alabama boy.

And I would almost be willing to bet Monroe is trying to figure out how to get out of that city as well.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Wow, crazy offseason! Weird that a class organization would get into that type of stance with one of their players (a very talented one too).

I guess we all know, no insider needed, that if Bledsoe is not returning to the Suns, Dragic will most likely be staying. Trading for Bledsoe (13-14+ million) in our current state would also be impossible I believe. Guess I have to start cooking up some more hypothetical's to keep my hope alive! lol

I guess this is possible, we could trade our TPE and a future pick for a player like Bogans (5 mill unguaranteed) or Prince (7 mill expiring), and then package one of them together with other assets to trade for Bledsoe, like...

Prince, Jones, Capela and Pelicans first for Bledsoe (s&t up to full max).

I believe that works out? Good outing for the Suns, Rockets and Bledsoe.

Bledsoe/Beverley
    Harden/Daniels
    Ariza
    Motiejunas/Adrian
    Howard/Dorsey

We could then still turn around and package our other unguaranteed contracts (Gee, Hopson, Powell, Covington) with assets (Motiejunas, Canaan, Johnson, 2017 first, future seconds, euro players) to fill out our bench or get a starting PF. On top of that we'd also still have our remaining MLE and BAE to spend to fill out the team as well.

Hope is still alive!! lol.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

My guess is Bledsoe wants whatever team is willing to meet his price, including Detroit. He wants Parsons money.

Specifically regarding the Pistons, they have a legit coach now and Dumars is gone. Think about it: Michael Curry, John Kuester, Lawrence Frank, Mo Cheeks with Dumars as GM. All that junk has been replaced by SVG. Detroit will never be a magnet for players but the franchise is no longer a dumpster fire.

13. basketballholic

But the city..... it's a dump.

14. baubo

baubo Member

There shouldn't be a need to use the TE. If you include all the non-guaranteed contracts, Jones, and Capella, the Rockets can pay up to $14 million starting salary. I think that's more than enough. Probably more than what Morey would actually pay for Bledsoe.

I think it would be more reasonable for Morey to use the TE and the non-guaranteed contracts separately on two or more players.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

But..... it's the money. Why do you think Josh Smith signed there? Why do you think any player would sign there? Remember Ben Gordon? Brandon Jennings? [Name anyone else]?

Besides, the Palace is out in Auburn Hills and players don't live anywhere near the city anyway. NBA players have short careers and it's all about maximizing their earnings while they can. That is the primary goal of 95% of professional athletes. They are done at age 30-35 and have the rest of their lives to domicile wherever they want to.

Is this rocket science to you?

16. Airdough

Airdough Member

Phoenix must really want Bledsoe back or no team he wants to play for is offering up any sort of package to go get him. Whether it's with Phoenix or not, a trade will be made to get more assets or for a player then can be considered the third cog (maybe even both if that player happens to be a Josh Smith salary dump).

My confidence in such a prediction is in recent memory, only two teams have made significant mid-season trades for stars and won anything of consequence: the 1994 Rockets with Clyde Drexler and the 2008 trade that sent Pau Gasol to the Lakers (lost to Celtics in Finals). Morey is a student of the game from his big three comment as far as championship winners with few exceptions (Go Rockets). Given that, he has to know that big trades that deliver star players rarely happen mid season and deliver championships.

17. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Sources: Suns relationship with star Eric Bledsoe on verge of irreparable

http://www.csnnw.com/nba/sources-suns-relationship-star-eric-bledsoe-verge-irreparable

I did not want to start a new thread and thought this should go here

18. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

No its not, Hornacek wants to run opposing teams out of the building. He wants a quality point guard on the floor at all times. Its a young, athletic group that will be tough to beat night in and night out.

19. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

While I understand that Bledsoe relationship with Phoenix is not improving this sentence in the article is false.

Utah and Houston both used the scare tactics (we both said we would match anything), it just did not work.

And Monroe has also not had an offer yet, so not sure how that situation is better than Bledsoes.

20. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Detroit has more history of success than 25 other organizations in the NBA. Only 4, maybe 5, cities are "magnets" in the NBA, I find this argument too easy to make. I give Detroit credit, they're a proud franchise, a proud fanbase, and a historic organization. The right kind of players fit in really well in Detroit, see 2004 Pistons. Not everyone today is all about flash, look at guys like Zach Randolph, Al Jefferson or Paul Millsap. Not to mention, there are only 30 teams, and only so much money to be spread around.

You pretend that Detroit can't attract talent just because Detroit proper is a dump. Pistons don't even play in the city of Detroit. That franchise has a much longer history of talented players on its roster than most other NBA teams.