1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Broussard: Suns & Bledsoe $32M apart in negotiatons

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

You have to give it up if you want to give Bledsoe his max. Most of that is trash IMO. Only NOP, Jones and DMo have value. I wouldn't consider that overpaying for Bledsoe. It would give Morey that 3rd star and we can stop chasing rainbows. And even better it's for a player that plays D sandwiching Harden between Ariza and Bledsoe.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Incorrect. Suns are in a position of absolute strength. This is why Bledsoe would say they are using the rules against him. Both sides understand no team in the NBA will offer Bledsoe a contract the Suns won't match. Restricted free agency works for some players and against others.

IMO, Suns cannot go all season with Bledsoe, Dragic, Thomas and Ennis at the guard positions. Too many small guys. The only reason to draft Ennis and give that contract to Thomas is to trade either Dragic or Bledsoe. Just a matter of which guy and when. I'm sure the Suns would prefer to resolve things sooner than later, but the best deal may not present itself until during the season.

My wild guess is they want to trade Dragic and keep Bledsoe.

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was referring to how much PHX will get back in a deal...not the way they have Bledsoe locked down moneywise.

And they WILL trade Dragic, to us.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I hope your wild guess is wildly on target, because I'd be blown away if we managed to get The Dragon.

Please be right on this, Plowman. It would make this off-season a success, as far as I'm concerned. Howard, Harden, Dragic, and Ariza could take us far, in my opinion. I'd take that and fill in around the margins. Being able to keep Bev would be the cherry on top, if we managed it.

#144 Deckard, Jul 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I am not quite sure the Suns see it your way. The Suns double point lineups were really great last season.

6. delishman

delishman Member

PLOWMAN has spoken!!

7. jman7373

jman7373 Member

Is Plowman an insider?

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Doesn't Gogi have a no trade clause? Unless he's going to a winner why wouldn't he excercise that? What winning team has the pieces to deal for Gogi?...

9. try

try Member

He doesn't. In fact, he can't even have a no trade clause because you have to be in the NBA for at least eight seasons AND you have to be with the team which you are signing for at least four seasons. Dragic doesn't match either of these criteria.

10. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Let's see...
    Option A: Dragic is the #1 option on a 48 win team with a PG friendly coach.
    Option B: Dragic is the #2 or #3 option on a team that marginalizes PGs and flips them like a day trader flips stocks.

If I'm Phoenix I'm confident Dragic resigns when he opts out next year.

11. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I'd be hesitant to trade for Dragic as he's an unrestricted free agent next summer. What's to stop him from going right back to Phoenix as a free agent? He loves it there.

12. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Well if Eric Bledsoe does re-up with Phoenix, then Goran Dragic would be competing with Bledsoe, Isaiah Thomas, and Tyler Ennis for playing time. I'm still skeptical on Phoenix re-signing Eric Bledsoe, and have been ever since they signed Isaiah Thomas. Pursuing a Gogi trade would be great, but I would rather go after Eric Bledsoe at this point.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's too much for Bledsoe...dmo, canaan, capela, and Jones still have some solid potential. The bigs specially could have breakout years on a bad team that gives them a lot of PT. I know a lot of people don't think very much about our young players, but they are in a tough position. They are playing limited minutes on a good team, so they're going to try too hard to play mistake free, which usually backfires... But they're a talented group.

14. AFS

AFS Member

Didn't Brooks have a no trade clause when he was with us last year? How did that work?

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Brooks agreed to the trade, because it allowed him to play and hence get a deal this year.

16. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Would Houston be able to offer him a fifth year?

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Plowman anychance we can land Bledsoe? Who does Morey prefer?

18. champstocome

champstocome Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VohhomZgwMw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He would be perfect for the rockets uptempo offense....
    With dragic the rox would be better in half court situations though..
    both have high motors and compete so I dgaf maury bag one and give
    this team a direction. Swap all the god damn assest you want after that.
    Our GM is basically George R. R. Martin killin off our players willy nilly.

19. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

IMO...Canaan won't break rotation in the immediate future. Plus he'd be 3rd or 4th string if Bledsoe is on the roster which wouldn't give him any burn time to improve. Capela has yet to prove he even belongs in the NBA. DMo has shown improvement in the summer league but will that carry over when he faces true NBA bigs? I think more time is needed there. So it's Jones who I hate to lose and the NOP which most likely will be mid round pick player...for a 3rd star....someone who can help us now during this window that we have. While it may seem like a lot to give, underneath it's well worth it for Bledsoe. My only question is will he stay healthy or will he become Rose, a guy who is great when he's on the court but that time is far too little.