1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Broussard: Suns & Bledsoe $32M apart in negotiatons

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I think a significant upgrade at the 1 would have certainly changed the outcome of that series. That and harden playing the way we expect him to. Still not sure who you can get now or hope to get that keeps the best PFs from getting theirs. Anyway, a bird in a hand.....PGs are available now....don't wait and hope for a PF to become available.

1 person likes this.
  2. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Yes a PG that is broken. No way is he worth 4 year max. He is not going to give us the WCF. A possible 1 st round win but eventually we will have to play against a team like Clips, Blazers, etc. Why lock the cap down on a player that doesn't get you to the finals?

3. Rox>Mavs

I'm certainly not suggesting a full max for Bledsoe. But there are more top tier options at pg than pf. Bledsoe, dragic, rondo and Rubio are all possibilities. And you wouldn't have to lock in at max necessarily for all (a couple on that list though). I think morey's offer (if true) is fair. 3 year max with 3 year TO. That keeps you flexible. Doubt he'd give him more guaranteed money than that.

Again that or signing one of the other pg options without sacrificing flexibility is better than waiting around for a pf to shake lose.

4. hehlol

hehlol Member

Both teams you mentioned have point guards that a player like bledsoe would help a lot against. I dont understand this post.

5. Rox>Mavs

I think what Travelers argument boils down to is he thinks money is better spent on a pf than a pg. Bledsoe to him isn't an upgrade worth locking both max money and 3+ year into. I agree with that part on Bledsoe due to his injury risks you give him max money with less years guarantee.

But I'm not sure if part of his argument is that we shouldn't even be pursuing Bledsoe, rondo, dragic, Rubio on decent deals but rather focus on the 4 spot. That I don't agree with simply because really good pfs aren't nearly as available and I think the team has equal problems at the 1 and 4.

6. opticon

opticon Member

Could Bledsoe sign the qualifying offer now and they sign a max five year extension at the all star break?

Or does he have to wait till the 2015 off season?

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

he'd have to wait

8. basketballholic

It may be a legit point that money is better spent on a PF. But the problem is there may not be a PF that warrants the money that is available more than one of these PGs is. And it's not just about the money. If we have to trade for a guy...it's about the assets we have to give up as well.

9. Rox>Mavs

Agreed, 1 and 4 need upgrades but I agree the hole at 4 is a slightly larger issue. However the supply of available 4's and cost it would require to obtain one has our conversation focused more on the available 1's.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

1 is a bigger issue than the 4. We have tJones and dmo. Bev is a back up pg that lets Harden do his job which makes Harden less efficient.

11. basketballholic

Here's the million dollar question...

Why would Bledsoe sign the qualifying offer when Morey is willing to give him $30 million for the next 2 seasons and retain his birds rights?

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Who said Morey is willing to do that?

13. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Cyberx said that Morey made inquiries and said 2 years max is all he would go for as Bledsoe was injury prone. It was supposedly just an inquiry and not an official offer. Others here are making the deal more than that.

14. solodolo

solodolo Member

Basketballholic is a insider now ... :rolleyes:

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Fair enough. All I know is that Morey is comfortable and confident enough with his decisions that he's watching Northwestern football. Perhaps y'all should chill and do the same ;)

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Buddy, where have you been?

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

cyberx

18. supa

supa Contributing Member

I have been on this board for 12 years and am a contributing member, but you are calling me a troll?? You think after averaging about 15 posts per year for 12 years I decided to just come out of the woodwork and start trolling you???
    You are the one who pretended to be an insider, got busted, had to change handles and is now back here. Anyone can change an IP address, its very simple to mask or change those. Congrats on learning how to do that. Something real is that you are the poster formerly known as roe4christ and I will keep reminding you of it.

#358 supa, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  19. traveler

traveler Member

lol

You are a wussy. Prove I am Roe. If you can't you are a lowlife troll.