1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Broussard: Suns & Bledsoe $32M apart in negotiatons

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 17, 2014.

Tags:
  1. hehlol

hehlol Member

Having a pg like bledsoe would make it easier for harden and howard. He can quickly and easily get the ball to howard and he would limit hardens need to create so much of the teams offense. Bledsoe can create for himself with that quick first step on the drive. Hardens turnovers would go down and he would have more energy for defense. Being the primary ball handler wears you out and i believe it is part of the reason why nash sucks on defense and keeps paul from being a monster on defense.

I think this teams biggest need is a pg then a pf who can play defense, rebound and maybe stretch the floor up to 20 feet. I dont like having bigs at the three point line. You want them closer to the basket for easy lay ups, drives, and ppthe occasional offensive rebound.

2. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Suns' Bledsoe remains final RFA on market. Agent has held firm on max contract or no deal. He couldn't get Bledsoe an offer sheet elsewhere.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/508027194816593920">September 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. hehlol

hehlol Member

He has to understand with his injury history a 4-5 year max is not happening. He is coming off a season where he only played 43 games and in 4 years he has had 2 seasons where he has missed half of the games 2 of them being in the last 3 years.

Morey's offer (if true) of the max for 2 seasons is generous if you ask me. Sure the suns would want to match that deal, but i think they do a sign and trade if he truly wants out.

I really want this. He is worth it if healthy. I think it is worth losing the ability to sign a max player next off-season because it makes us contenders right away.

4. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Suns made 4-year, $48M offer -- comparable to Ty Lawson and Kyle Lowry -- but Bledsoe camp has been unwilling to negotiate off that number.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/508029598794522624">September 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. baubo

baubo Member

This whole "Bledsoe's getting closer to taking the QO" is just an illusion created by the media and in fans' minds simply because time is moving. When in reality, there's no difference between things now and one month earlier. The teams that want to spend money have already spent it. The teams that inquired about Bledsoe have inquired. There's nothing else to this if Bledsoe isn't willing to negotiate off of Phoenix's number. Today, tomorrow, next week, every day until it's almost October, time doesn't matter.

Bledsoe's either bluffing, in which case he will relent near the deadline. Or he's serious, in which case it would've been a position he has held for a while now. There's no way Bledsoe's more likely to take the QO today than a week ago. He's either willing to do it, or this is all a sham.

6. traveler

traveler Member

no

He doesn't make us contenders.

7. valorita

valorita Member

Bledsoe is a great fit next to Harden.
    1) playmaker but can play off ball
    2) one man fast break
    3) elite defensively
    4) athleticism nice contrast to Harden's old man game

We would have arguably the best backcourt in the league.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chandler Parsons: overrated, not worth max
    Eric Bledsoe, Goran Dragic, Ricky Rubio, Kenny Faried: Trade for them! Third missing piece!

LOL :grin:

9. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

anybody confirm this?

Bledsoe was in Miami and on a Miami sports radio talk show. Any real news there? Didn't see it mentioned around here.

10. hehlol

hehlol Member

If a team with an all star pg and probably the best 2 way pg in the league after chris paul, the best sg, best center, and another good two way player in ariza is not a contender then you're definition of contender must be wrong.

11. hehlol

hehlol Member

I would say bledsoe is the third best 2 way pg in the league when healthy after chris paul and russell.

12. hehlol

hehlol Member

Fixed

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

Kyrie for Bledsoe? Can Bron Bron make it happen?

14. traveler

traveler Member

lol

Back court would be strong but we will lose again with TJ as our PF. We had a real good back court last year and what did that do us? With Bledsoe we may get out of 1st round...maybe but definitely we won't get deeper unless we get Howard help. And to get Bledsoe we are locked in at cap room with no way to get a PF.

15. hehlol

hehlol Member

I apologize for all the posts.

I think there would only be two teams that we would have to worry about in the league (maybe 3 if lebron and love mesh well together right away, but i have my doubts) the clippers and the spurs. The spurs will be one year older and they seem to never have an answer for the harden, dwight, and the rockets youth.

You heard it hear first, the rockets will be much better against the thunder this season with ariza guarding durant. A player like bledsoe would make tony parker too tired to run the spurs offense, and he would help a lot against the likes of lillard, paul, and westbrook.

He is seriously underrated. I prefer him and his defense to dragic. You need lockdown defenders next to harden and with the addition of bledsoe you have 4/5 positions covered and he wont need to handle the ball so much which should improve his defense.

16. supa

supa Contributing Member

Did roe4christ tell you that?

17. hehlol

hehlol Member

Lin and beverley are not the answer. Both players have too many holes in their game and your pg cant have too many holes in his game or your team will struggle guaranteed. Tj is expendable considering we still have dmo along with other power forwards.

Eric bledsoe would bring us 1 player closer to solidifying our starting 5. Give me a pf who can at least do 2 of these cut well, play defense, rebound, or stretch the floor up to 20 feet and we will be fine until we find the answer.

18. rocketseagles07

Bledsoe and Goran Dragic are worth that money Parsons is getting more than he is. Parsons is a wing who doesn't play d and can't create his own shot. While he is a great glue guy/third option he isn't a max player. We can take harden out and the offense will run fine with bledsoe/dragic in. How did the offense run with parsons when Harden was out?

19. hehlol

hehlol Member

Excellent post.

20. traveler

traveler Member

Lol

How about if you have a problem with me you report me to the mods? Maybe they will check my IP against Roe and ban me but of course if you are man enough to do so with is unlikely. Now I dare you and other trolls to report me. Got anything real? Wuss.