1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brooks vs Lowry; Scola vs Landry; Shane vs Ariza; McGrady vs Yao; R. Alston vs Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Jan 27, 2011.

1. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Why do we Rockets fans always argue over our own players? We need them all to win. I wonder if fans of other deep teams like Portland, Dallas or Orlando argue over their own personnel like this. Back in the day we appreciated the depth -- Kenny Smith/Sam Cassell; Drexler/Maxwell Horry/Elie; Thorpe/Herrera etc.

The only player on this team that needs to go is Jordan Hill. If we trade Hill for a shotblocker (Dalembert) we will make the playoffs and can beat ANYONE.
    Keep the faith!

1 person likes this.
  2. scola4

scola4 Member

Why the 2008 team?

3. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Funny... You complain about fans trashing their own players and then you proceed to trash one of our own players.

4. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

Time Machine!

5. snc

snc Member

Our bench is above average and our starters are below average... No one was arguing over who should start between Gortat and Dwight, to use your Orlando example.

That's my take, anyway.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously.

What the hell is this thread?

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's called WINS versus LOSSES.. Notice what team the past players you mentioned were from.

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Let me see if I can do this right based on your series of versus in your title.

I'm a LSSYB-only fan.

I think I need an H in there somewhere....and no, it's not for Hill.

9. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

cuz those teams from the mid 90s were winning and contending for championships. rosters of the 2000's have been battling just getting into the playoffs or getting outta the first round.

10. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

I'm not saying Miller vs Hill or Hill vs Hayes am I? My point is our fans compare and contrast GOOD Rockets players and attempt to tear one down. We need Brooks and Lowry to win! Just like we needed Kenny Smith and Sam Cassell. Stop with the backup quarterback syndrome.

11. Arun Sharma

Arun Sharma Member

I think it's because we can't really decide who is better between Brooks and Lowry... and it's so close that its very debatable.

No one argues over Chuck vs. someone, Martin vs. someone...

Only reason people argue over Scola vs. Patt or Battier vs. T-will is the ones who thinks the season is over. I am sure no one thinks those players are as of now better than Scola and Battier.

12. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

I was thinking more Gilbert Arenas vs J. Nelson in Orlando; Shawn Marion vs Butler (when healthy); Rudy Fernandez/Batum/Wes Matthews in Portland. etc.

13. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

I have faith in all the players except hill and miller

14. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

For historical reference. This fan hatred of GOOD productive Rockets players vs other GOOD productive Rockets players has been going on for a while.

15. Air Bullard

Air Bullard Member

All of my Dallas friends do the exact same thing with Kidd, Terry and Barrea, its nothing new or special to this team, nor will it ever end. Competition within a team is good anyways, otherwise a player can just get complacent if they don't feel like they will ever lose their job or minutes.

16. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

That's true. However, those mid 90s teams key players were healthy. If our 2000's and current 2011 team was healthy I truly believe we'd be competing for a ring.

We took the the eventual champion Lakers to 7 games w/out Yao & Mcgrady. If they were there healthy...? Hakeem was healthy for both championships.

After our upcoming trade and by seasons end, I believe we can go toe-to-toe with the Spurs.

17. mrjuandiego1988

wait after this road trip to see if youre this optimistic! :(

18. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Interesting. Good to know it's not just us. I live in DC and follow the Wizards as a season ticket holder but I'm originally from NY. I know my friends that are fans of the Wizards, Knick's and Nets don't tear down their good players like we do. However, they are merciless on scrubs like Jordan Hill.

19. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

We are currently only a 1/2 game out of the TRUE 8th seed. Denver will drop after the Melo trade. If we are within 5 games of the TRUE 8th seed in mid Feb we will make the playoffs. Our schedule after mid Feb is much lighter than Memphis and Phoenix. As long as Memphis (who lost to NJ tonight) and Phoenix (who lost to Charlotte tonight) keep losing during our rough patch of the schedule we are in good shape the rest of the way.

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

sometimes teams have clear cut leaders at positions, sometimes not so much, usually its a role player position that its not, and the spots that are not are your team leaders Drexler/Maxwell (that's as much a contest as Kobe and Grant)