1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brooks: Obrien made me miserable

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by justtxyank, May 30, 2018.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

NM

#141 Htownballer38, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Man it's best to ignore that dude

3. raining threes

Even though we disagree quite often, I really do enjoy the back and forth of 2 very well reasoned arguments. Thx.

houstonstime and Bobbythegreat like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, I'll take this as you simply admitting that you are incapable of following along in a conversation and taking one statement out of context is all you are capable of.

Whatever you say kid, it's honestly not worth attempting discussion with someone as delusional as you are.

Yeah I think that's probably for the best, that guy is clearly unstable and just looking to lash out at the board.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Man I'm getting too old for all this back and forth over a difference of opinions. Dude went all the way South because we do not agree with him. Lol

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He showed up that way though. I mean I think he was looking to throw a fit and was just looking for an excuse to do so.

I'm all for going back and forth about differences of opinions....but just not in that way. If it was going back and forth with actual arguments about why one party thinks they are right and the other party is wrong then it can be productive and fun. One person showing up throwing a temper tantrum at the entire forum is about as unappealing as it gets. It only makes it worse that his entire tantrum was over a strawman.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I see a lot of past texans teams in that jags team.. great talent on defense, then they do just well enough to not address the qb position and they will waste all the good years of that defense.

As for us now? I think this is the most talented group we have had since 2011 and the QB is better now I bet.

everyday eddie and Htownballer38 like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that's exactly what I was trying to get at earlier and why I don't think setting the bar at 12 wins is unfair assuming health. The Texans have never had this much talent on both sides of the ball and they have a franchise QB.

The Jags are essentially what the Texans once were, and that's why I don't think that they can be as good as the Texans this season can be.

Htownballer38 and houstonstime like this.
  9. raining threes

If they can stay healthy and I hope they can I would agree with you, except for the OL which other than QB/Edge is the most important position group on the team. IMHO Maybe you believe a bunch of career backup OL can be made into a good group, but there's a reason they were backups. If they were that great they would've been starters.

I have doubts that they can stay healthy and the depth on this team is severely lacking.

10. raining threes

Yet the Jags made it farther in the playoffs last year than the Texans ever have.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, by one game, because that's when they ran into the patriots. Have them run into the Patriots in the second round and it ends there instead just like it did for the Texans a few times.

houstonstime likes this.
  12. raining threes

Except the Jags gave the Pats a game/the Texans didn't and the fact that my post was true.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, so you think the Texans didn't give the Patriots a game when the Pats won by 3 points on a last minute TD with 23 seconds left in the game, but the Jags gave the Patriots a game when they won by 4 points on a TD with nearly 3 minutes left in the game? A Jags team that scored 6 points in the 2nd half....

Okay. I disagree. Both the Jags and the Texans "gave the Patriots a game", the Texans came closer to winning with their coach ultimately preventing the win.

14. raining threes

I was at that game and it was a great game. Pats fans were great except when it looked like we were going to win a little muscled up dude a row in front of us started elbowing me in the stomach. I told my brother I was going to take him down if he did that again and told the dude the same thing. Pats fans let him know he was out of line and things calmed down on the last drive of the Texans. I often wonder if I would've had to hurt that guy if DW4 had been allowed a chance to get that first down.

BTW, I'm not a badass but the guy was so drunk he could barely stand up.

Anyway, there's a big difference between an early season game and the AFCCG, wouldn't you agree?

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In theory, sure, but all you can do is compare teams last year to teams last year. The Patriots last season weren't the Patriots of a few years back that the Texans had to face in the playoffs, but they were still the Patriots and that was my point. The Jags made it till they played the Patriots and then they got bounced just like the Texans. I don't think it matters that it was in the AFCCG or in the first round.

It wasn't too long ago that we had people talking up the Jets for getting bounced in the AFCCG twice in a row and it amounted to nothing.

I just compare what the Jags have to what the Texans have and the Jags IMO don't measure up. For example, who is the best WR on the Jags? IMO they don't even have a #1 quality WR on the roster.

Their offense is basically just Leonard Fournette.