1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brooks named to team USA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sammy, Aug 6, 2007.

1. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

wonder if he's gonna score the most for the select team haha... like drop 27 on team USA

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is great news for AB. This kind of competition during the summer will help him gauge himself against top-level competition and develop faster.

3. Pringles

Pringles Member

i hope he learns alot from deron williams. i wish chris paul was still playing for the U.S. brooks would have learn a couple tricks up his sleeve.

4. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

Very impressive!!
    This is a GOOD oppertunity for AB! Hope he can get something during the trainning.
    Come on!!

5. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

It's good to see that this select team actually has good low post players like Jefferson and Frye. I'm really excited how Aaron Brooks will play out, maybe he can be our Tony Parker! Learn french Brooks!

6. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

the problem with lucas is that he doenst know how to fully utilise his speed

the games which i watched him (quite a few), all he does is run as fast as he can and then chucks up a shot (usually off balance which decreases the FG%)

Jordan had immense speed but what was soo good about him is that fact that his fakes and stutter steps and changes direction spontaneously so that his opponenet is always caught off guard. after he catches them off guard, he then blows past them with his speed giving him open layups etc

this is what Brooks can offer I believe, change of speeds/directions and all those other tactics that gives you an open shot/layups

7. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

that and steal eva away from tony

8. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

The guy really got game on him that's why he was chosen by the commitee. That's awesome! :cool:

9. rua2006

rua2006 Member

I want to see him tear up those big boys. This is a solid learning experience though.

10. nejyh

nejyh Contributing Member

NBA Tv showed the first scrimmage (team Kobe vs team Kidd), they will probably show this one too, but I don't think it was live.

11. Astockmarketgod

wow... great job...

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Everytime I see that headshot, I think of Chris Rock.

[​IMG]

13. chonox

chonox Member

nice, should be good experience for him, hopefully learn a thing or two from senior team USA, pick up a few pointers, shouldn't hurt :)

maybe he might even get a few blocks with his elbows on dwight howard or chris bosh lol!

hope he soaks it up as much as possible and learns as much as possible thru this experience, go AB!

14. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

I hope you are right, but in reality I think SF3 and MJ will hog the vast majority of minutes. If I'm at the helm, I would trade MJ and Alston because I love Brooks so much, and I feel his speed would be an excellent complent off the bench for Franchise. I just don't know if he will command playing time over the other vets we have currently stockpiled. Granted, we're all still banking on one or more rosters moves. I would sure be surprised if we enter the season with as-is.

15. Steve_Francis_rules

The Nobel Peace Prize and the Nobel Prize in Physics are two separate awards.

16. Nero

Nero Member

I know that :rolleyes:

But Brooks was so incredible they combined the two into one award..

(and I think there was a Pulitzer thrown in there for extra flavor)

17. eedgejr

eedgejr Contributing Member

I fear your right, but deep down I really hope Brooks gets some minutes to prove himself. Hell, I would love to hear comments from team USA on the calibur of his play.

18. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Man I hope everyone is right about Brooks. He hasn't done a thing in the NBA but is being named starting PG already. He can't do anything that Lucas can't do but because he hasn't had a chance to prove that he must be better?

We shall see.

I hope I'm wrong. I think that Lucas will still find a place in the NBA as well but we didn't waste a 1st round pick on him so it prolly won't be here.

19. Junetastic

Junetastic Member

Couple of things I heard that separates Brooks from Lucas is Brooks is quicker than Lucas, and Lucas lacks Brooks' effortless ability to get past his defender.

20. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Neither of which allowed him to separate himself from Lucas statistically. Its a good thing he can get past his summer league defenders effortlessly cause things will be a little tougher in the NBA.