1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brooks named to team USA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sammy, Aug 6, 2007.

1. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Brooks making the USA Select Team is bigger Houston knew than Yao getting married or Alston PI trouble? heh, probably.

Great for him, I can't wait to see how he will fare outside of Las Vegas. Devin Harris will likely see more minutes than him, but he has great players around him: if he is the brooks we are hoping for then he should be able to demonstrate that with the roster he has. I would be thrilled if AB turned out to be on the level of Devin Harris, Iguodala, or Ellis.

I only counted 9 players, is this the final list? Does it even matter for the Select Team? I'm not really familiar with this, but you would want more than 9 kids to play any kind of basketball, I would think.

2. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Good for him! He's going to get torched.

3. benvolio

benvolio Member

4. Dei

Dei Member

Seriously man, any more stuff from this kid and I'll have to find something worse than crow.

5. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

that is awesome. i predict brooks will be our starting PG by mid season.

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

good for aaron i dont expect much out of him this season due to the depth we have at the guard spot, but playing against some of the better young players in the league and having to go up against the seniors will only make the kid better. playing against better opposition he'll learn the little nuances of the nba game and what areas he has to work on.

i do think AB will get some minutes though this season, it will really depend on whether or not rafer is gone though. If rafer is i see him getting more minutes since SF3 and MJ can probably play a bit of two guard at times.

7. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

brooks gives us something none of our other point guards have: SPEED

plus he's adelman's favorite. hes gonna get minutes.

8. KING_all_day

KING_all_day Member

anybody know if there are any televised games or scrimmages with team usa and the select team? if there is so please tell

9. therox3

therox3 Member

I was excited until I read Jason Kapono's name.

But seriously, playing with such talent can only be a good thing regardless of level of prestige.

10. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

It's obvious what Kapono's on the team for. This is how TEAM USA has been losing games... to shooters and guard quickness in the international game. Kapono is almost as good as it gets when it come to quick release sharp shooters. They need to learn to play against these players to get a feel for international competition.

11. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

that is one advantage of being the patient sort.

On draft night, I resolved to allow the kid to actually play in games I could watch before judging him.

and so far it has born fruit (we will see for sure in Oct)

and ya know?

Fruit tastes MUCH better than crow. :p

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's great. Very impressive. I can't wait to see him in action.

13. terrychen01

terrychen01 New Member

WOW!I think Aron will show his ability in the team.He has big confidence.i believe that he will get the level of CP3.

14. weslinder

I'm guessing that you're going on the assumption that Lucas is already gone, right? Because he was one of the two or three fastest players in the league last year.

15. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

The title is very misleading, you can see by the roster, that is not Team USA,
    But still a nice team, and Im happy for Brooks for this

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Who are you calling a fruit?

[​IMG]

17. Rover16

Rover16 Member

I say james and brooks should split pg duties, with francis getting any leftovers.

18. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

if he learns from Team USA. Good news indeed

19. AggieRocketFan96

Even though JL3 seemed pretty quick, he doesn't seem to have the incredible atheleticsm that Brooks has. I mean, Brooks seems to not only have mad hops, he also seems to have more spring in his step like he could explode at any time. He also passes much better, plays better defense, and can shoot with nearly flawless form. Like a previous poster, I too would not be surprised to see Brooks take over as the starting PG on this team towards the end of the regular season. He will at least get some quality minutes.

20. weslinder

I know what you were saying, but I heard somewhere that Lucas had the fastest sprint times ever in several teams workouts. I actually would be really surprised if Brooks were faster than Lucas.