1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brook Lopez for Scola?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Jan 14, 2011.

1. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

I have to disagree. I actually met Avery Johnson too at the airport in Atlanta while all the speculation was circling on what team Avery was going to coach. I introduced myself and said hey coach, are you booking that flight to New Jersey??? We both had a hearty laugh...he gave me dap/hug...then a fist bump. I too told him I was a Rockets fan and he said we have one of the hardest working teams in the league, good luck etc. Avery is a good guy in my book -- I was pissed I didn't have my business cards with me.

2. FullMetal Sage

Why do you guys think they wouldn't take this deal? We would have to sweetin the pot, but if the Nets were/are willing to give up Favors now and in the beginning of the season. Then I think if the deal is sweet enough then its VERY possible they would trade Lopez.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Brook Lopez is involved in a deal, he is going to the Nuggets. The Nuggets are giving up the most value in Carmelo Anthony, so they will be adamant about Brook Lopez especially If they are giving up Nene. Daryl Morey was rumored to have huge interest in Derrick Favors. I think a deal where Brook Lopez ends up on the Nets, and we essentially swap Luis Scola for Derrick Favors and Kris Humphries, is much more likely.

Probably a four team deal.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he is an excellent coach. Brook Lopez is a child, and Avery Johnson will teach him how to be a man. Players that are soft need to be tested, because it won't do in the playoffs. Avery is trying to keep Brook from going Dirk Nowitzki.

It would be difficult to make a deal happen because the Nets are taking in 5 players that make substantial sums.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6ktsg2r

That was the best I could do.

#104 RudyTBag, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Why has Brook's shooting percentage and rebound numbers decreased every year? Is he getting better or worse?

6. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

heres the stat i like most about brook lopez: 0 Missed games, too bad another reliable guy like scola would be traded(no jinx)

7. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Good work w/ that trade. I'm dizzy thinking about all that movement.

8. seeingred

seeingred Member

that would be what... 3 starters from lasts years' nets on our team ? trying to re-create that synergy... ?

9. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

I bet DM can get even more from the Nets than just Lopez for Scola. Everyone knows Scola is a very underrated player and even though I hate to see Scola leave (it pains me) DM can outsmart and outdeal them in a trade. Dm can make it happen since there seems to be some tension in Jerseyland

10. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Some of you guys are ridiculous...Brook Lopez was great in his first and second year --- as a rookie and sophomore and thats it.
    This year he has been such a disspointment for the nets, his shooting percentage is down, his defense especially post defense is average at best, he doesnt grab rebounds to save his life --- your starting center, playing 35mins a game averaged 5.9 rbs.

unacceptable.

I watch nets regularly and I would not trade Scola for Lopez straight up.

11. jlwee

jlwee Member

You can't teach height!

Still I won't trade Scola for Lopez.

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I would trade Scola for Lopez without thinking.... but I doubt New Jersey would.

This despite the fact that my fantasy team is suffering with Lopez as the starting C.

13. SpaceCityKid

SpaceCityKid Rookie

Eh, different day different story. He was with his kid, he looked annoyed and frustrated. He was telling his kid to stop being picky. Reason why I only said something to him on my way out.

Besides that he's a good coach.

14. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I would even give NJ Scola/Hill/Budinger for Lopez without blinking.

15. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

16. herro

herro Member

Why would the Nets trade us Brook Lopez?

The Nets wouldn't trade us Lopez if we offered Scola, Martin, and Brooks...

17. Roxs-Redemption

18. Roxs-Redemption

Could we get Kris Humphries for JJ+Yao's Insurance+Cash?

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

But why will the Nets give up Lopez if they're already giving up Favors in the Melo trade?