1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brook Lopez for Scola?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Sanity2disChaos

The guys a winner and thats all that matters....who knows what really goes on in the locker rooms or behind closed doors,none of us play in the league, so he may be justified in whatever way he chooses to act....he was a top 5 coach in the league when he coached for dallas....napoleon complex or not....IT IS WRITTEN

2. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Your trade has NJ getting 90 mil and giving up 30 mil :)

Regardless if Lopez isn't untouchable then NJ is dumber than I thought.

3. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

If we could get Lopez for Scola.. then our chance's of gettin Melo would increase by a ton

4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

They can have anyone from our roster if Im Morey...Matter of fact I would throw Hill just because....And Melo sucks ...dont want him whatsoever

5. herro

herro Member

I'd trade anyone on our roster for Brook Lopez.

6. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

That would be amazing if we could land brook. But i doubt they will trade their future

7. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Kris Humpries is a top 5 rebounder in the NBA.

It's like playing Rodman with Dwight Howard and whichever one doesn't get 10 rebounds..."Hey you scrub, why can't you get at least 10 rebounds??"

8. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Dude is been horrible this year. He's nt worth anybody. You guyts go ham for any big. The same thing u do with Hill. TO get that many minutes and not average 6 rebounds is hrribel and the team is horrible so you knw they have plenty of rebound opportunities. Sereiously though, the same way we complain abut Bud's offense vs his lack of defense is the same way Nets fans cmplain about Lopez. I wuld trade for Lopez but he's not worth significant pieces. He's not a franchise player like Mello.

9. SupermoochieFro

Actually I think the only way NJ does this trade is if they knew for a fact that they WOULD be getting Melo to match up with Scola. Don't get me wrong, I in no way think Luis is a better player then Lopez but based on this year (Scola's having a more productive one) and with Melo, you want to win right away.

Also, I think Avery likes to coach vets more than youngsters and getting veteran talent back for Lopez such as Scola, Battier, and Brooks would look impressive on Team Melo. However, they'd have to unload bloated contracts on us to make it work and ultimately Lopez is a stud for the future and Luis is 30yrs old.

NJ would not do this :(

10. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I would love to get Brook Lopez.

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

So why trade scola would be the question? I have to admit, lopez has taken a step back from last year and I really don't know why,but he's still young and productive. He isnt rebounding like last season either which is a huge mystery. There is no way in hell they're trading lopez for scola. Utah could probably give up milsap and get lopez before a scola for lopez trade.

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

why would they give up on their future center for the next 10 years..? the guy is a future star, they would trade Avery before even thinking about trading brook.

13. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

Yea.. i get what your say, I was just goin of the assumption that this trade happen's before anything related to Melo happens.. I'm hearin Melo isn't thrilled bout playin with guy's who's getting over the hill, like Rip, and Billups.. So Brook comeing to Houston, would probably make him want to play with us instead of New Jersey.. because we would be younger.. and still would have assets down the line to pick up one of his close friends, if they become available like a Chris Paul

a line-up of Paul, Martin, Melo, Patterson, Lopez ant that bad.. and this is just a guess so.. anyone with a negative comment can save it

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You make the trade if the principals are Luis and Lopez, because Lopez is 22, 7" and 265, with very good numbers (on a bad team, to be sure), and fills a huge hole in the roster. Having said that, Lopez has not had his way with Scola at all. In fact, Luis had his career night against the Nets last season with 44 points, and they matched up against each other during most of the game, as I recall, Luis being forced to play at the 5 for much of the game and making Lopez his b**** in the process. I'd deal Luis to get the guy, depending on what else is involved (and if New Jersey would move him), but it would be a blow to our offense this season. Definitely a move for the future.

Adelman is also a player's coach, the Anti-Avery, so I don't doubt that Lopez would thrive under him, but why does New Jersey do it?

15. devilsdandruff

id say go for it if Nets are willing to.

btw.
    Lopez has a huge head in that video.

16. blink

blink Contributing Member

I dream of a day where we are good at the pf and center position. During the early tmac/yao days, we had no good pf. Then landry and scola appeared and yao starts getting his yearly injury.

Id do the trade. Scola is only getting older. Patterson, hopefully, can only get better and be our starting 4 with lopez at the 5

17. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

It absolutely kills me. Such ****e luck. WHY BBall Gods WHY?

18. Thoughtless

Thoughtless Member

Didn't Brooks have mono at the beginning of the season or right before it started? I know Harper from DDL mentioned it. The fatigue from it is often more prolonged (Not always) so that may play a part on his lack of rebounding.

As for trading for him. Like others say, I love what Scola does for our team but that crater in the middle needs to be filled.

19. Prince

Prince Member

yes everyone gets frustrated but not all of them react like that.

you'd be a fool not to want Scola.

Stay classy Houston.

20. rjr

rjr Member

No way NJ parts with Lopez.Proposing to facilitate a Melo trade doesn't make sence since Denver wants Lopez in the first place, and would ask for him in any trade.