1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brook Lopez for Scola?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Prince

Prince Member

do you want a piece of that attitude here in Houston????

No thanks!

2. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Yes!

Signed,

TWill

3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

what the heck is wrong with you guys!!!!! lol...

It would take 10 times as much to get lopez as cousins...and you are saying no to scola.

No way the nets do this...but if we could get a legit top 20 player let alone top what 3 center ...lol... you do it...hed be more important than melo.

You get someone like wallace to fill that gap if you have to...

Anyways... itd be worth giving them budinger, brooks, and scola to get lopez and say someother player to fill in those losses.

A core of Lowry martin/lee battier/twill patterson/hill lopez/hill would be a good team - defintely better than what we have.

A top five true center is the hardest thing in the nba to get.

There are so many athletic 3s you can get to fill in...and pf is something we have depth of...then sign landry in the off season. Bam.

4. gah

gah Member

Yes, he deserves credit for taking them there but his failures overcome this relative success. Let’s see what happens after that: First He loses in the finals after being up 2-0 and having home court advantage, the spiraling down to his dismissal starts when the Mavericks lead Game 3 in Miami, 89-76, with 6:34 left but lost anyways. The following year He coached the first 1st seeded team to ever lose to an 8th seed (Golden State) in a seven game series. Then for the second year in a row, he again exits in the first round of the playoffs losing to the Hornets in just 5 games, prompting his firing as fast as the day after.

I’m not declaring him a loser but his Napoleon complex can lead him to lose his team real fast.

5. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

he was frustrated. everyone gets mad at their coach in some form. he's a competitor and wants to be out there with his teammates.

you'd be a fool to not want lopez.

6. MajorSeanBond

MajorSeanBond Member

Not really. Scola is way more productive than Lopez is at this point and the Nets owner wants wins ASAP. Lopez has only hit double digit rebounds twice all season (10 & 11), which is beyond pathetic for a player his size.

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

They would laugh and hang up, even if you tossed in our next available first rounder.

I believe AJ will be tossed long before they dump Lopez.

If he was untouchable in Melo talks.....why in the world would you think Scola would get him?

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Avery Johnson is going to piss off his players from time to time. He can be pretty abrasive, from all reports. So if Brook Lopez pushes back a little, I'm not surprised.

But there is also Lopez's frustration at himself, having a step-back season and maybe trying too hard to overcome whatever malaise has stalled his game.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

10. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Hate to say it, but I would it a heartbeat.

11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Fixed.

12. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Fixed again. :eek:

13. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Lopez is a pretty bad rebounder for a center, I don't think the guy has a double double yet this season? Saying that, the Rockets do it in a heartbeat. Franchise centers are hard to acquire, put a rebound beast next to him and you have a quality front line for years to come.

14. eman

eman Contributing Member

I'd give half the team for Kevin Love. And I'd let Kahn pick and choose.

15. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

KEEP DREAMING :p

16. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Guys....no way on the face of the earth the nets do this...

its laughable.

The only way this trade goes down is if it helps them get melo like.

Scola to Nets ... draft picks and youth to nuggets to help them...but honestly if lopez was even remotely available hed be going to the nuggets.

Id take Lopez over favors 1000 times out of 1000 times....and so would every single GM in the nba.

17. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

I would do this trade in a heartbeat; however, we have a better chance at a Melo rental than we do of getting Brook Lopez.

18. mortiki85

mortiki85 Member

I wouldn't do it...i get that it would take care of the C position, but we lose our best and probably only legitamite post up guy. Lopez can't do half of what Scola can in the paint.

19. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Exactly. If he was tradeable he would be the key part of the Melo deal instead of Favors. You certainly aren't going to get him for Scola without adding quite a bit to the deal and taking back some bad contracts. I would do the deal if it was offered in a heart beat, but I don't consider it a deal the Nets would even consider.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Agree.