1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Broken Ps3 60 gig

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by T-Slack, Mar 4, 2010.

1. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

My ps3 broke down on me last week. It has what is called the yellow light of death. It will come with a working control and all the cords. The Ncaa 08 football game is stuck in there. I will also throw in Rock Band 2 and one working guitar and one broken one. On the harddrive I got a whole bunch of The office episodes and Modern family episodes, and also Marvel vs. capcom 2 game I bought from the psn. I will sell all of this for $150.00.
    Or you can buy just the system and only the system without the hard drive for 100 bucks. I bought this system 2 years ago so it has no warranty. Its the fat version with no ps2 playback. And no, I have never opened up the system, I only taken out the hard drive to see if it was the problem. And no I will not part out with anything. I will only meet at deerbrook mall.

2. alex09xu

alex09xu Member

I'll sell you a used condom. Comes with my man gravy. Will meet anywhere.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You sound like a person who knows what they want.

Can I interest you in joining Amway?

4. Nero

Nero Member

Out of curiosity, why would anyone buy this?

Is it relatively cheap and easy to get one of these repaired?

5. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lmao :grin:

6. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Ive seen ads on craigslist that charge around 60 bucks to fix that yellow light

7. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I put this on craigs list, and people were lining up ready to get it, but i don't really trust the people there cause I've heard of stories or what not. And to answer your question, people would want to buy this cause I've heard its hard to get your hands on a ps3 now since stores carry few of them and when they do they sell out. You can take the broken ps3 to Sony and they'll fix it for $150. I just don't have the money at this time to do it .

8. Nero

Nero Member

Ah ok, well, since a new PS3 goes for 299, a dead one for $150 and then another $150 to have it fixed is not a value at all, since there would be no warranty.

Even at $60 to repair it, you can buy pre-owned from Gamestop and places like that (with at least SOME warranty) 80gb, for $229, so again, no real value there. And the 08 football game and 1st-gen rock band, no value there either.

I would suggest you either get it fixed first and then try to sell it, or cut your price to about half what you are asking.

I have been actually wanting to add a 2nd PS3, but I sure as heck would not want to be buying someone else's problem.

Or if you have people lining up on Craigs List at that price, don't even take a second to blink, do it.

9. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Like I said before if I had the money, I would let Sony fix it, and if I cut the price in half, it would already been gone by now, but I invested so much into it, I can't sell it for that low. I don't really need the cash now, so I won't be mad if I can't sell it.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

This is the most basic, fundamental mistake in economic reasoning.

The money you spent on it should have no bearing on what you sell it for.

Econ 101.

11. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Well, I'm not gonna sell it for pennies. Go to ebay and see what they are selling for.

12. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I echo some of the other poster's sentiments ITT. $150 for a broken PS3 is not that much of a deal. You'd have to get it fixed and even then you'd have no warranty.

13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I have ten Chupacabra nickels to offer you. You might be asking what is a Chupacabra nickel? Let me tell you. The Chupacabra nickel is a limited run (note: only 500 made) made and sold by the Norte De Ciudad Juarez local newspaper based out of Juarez, Mexico. On the front of the coin is a picture of the mythical Chupacabra beast that has terrorized millions of people. Mostly in Latin speaking countries. On the back of the coin is man holding a Mexican flag while he is wearing traditional Mexican garb. The nickel was made during the height of the chupacabra hysteria back in 1994. Although the chupacabra was never sighted in Juarez, the Norte De Ciudad Juarez newspaper decided it would be worthwhile endeavor to cash on this fear of this monster. Let me explain to you how I came upon this treasure. Thus when I took a bus trip via Greyhound from Lubbock to Juarez back in 1994 (to pick up prescription medication), I was accosted by a local youth newspaper seller who was trying to sell me a copy of the Norte De Ciudad Juarez, Thursday edition newspaper. I had no need for it since I don't read Spanish, but then he told me in broken English that he carried with him a great prize. He said I could have twenty Chupacabra nickels for the cost of 5 dollars USD. Being the investor I am, I thought this would be a great opportunity to add to my portfolio and I parted with my 5 dollars USD. So today, I have twenty Chupacabra nickels in my possession, but I will only offer you ten of these nickels in exchange for your PS3. I am holding the other ten Chupacabra nickels for an rainy day when I need to make another barter. Disclaimer: The Chupacabra nickel carries no monetary value in Juarez or in Mexico. It is a collector's item. Just wanted to clarify that. I can only meet in downtown.

#14 Mr. Brightside, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  14. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Why does it seem like when someone talks mess and acting like a douche in here its usually a Contributing Member? It seems like because they are a Contributing Member they think they are cool and can say whatever they want.

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

They're all filthy bastards. :)

16. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

That's not true. Take joke, Nancy. :p

Seriously speaking, sir, it's all in good fun. There's no way you take this too seriously. Yes, I know Interwebs Are Serious Bitness, but take a joke, man. Relax. Nancy.
    You're thinking ENRON 101. :p

17. itony

itony Member

are you insinuating that t-slack is a girl by calling him NANCY! how rude :eek:

18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I don't think Moes is telling you to sell it for pennies but what he is telling you is very smart advice. You can't look at what you have "invested" in it. When selling an item you have to look at the going rate of the item regardless of what you have in it. Selling at a loss now is better than selling at a bigger loss next year because remember that used, broken, mass produced electronics are worth less each year.

19. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

What does the D stand for in your s/n name? Does it stand for dou..............